Sign in to follow this  
silentghoust

Russian vs U.S Organizational and tactical doctrine.

I'm familiar with U.S tactics and combat, but what about Russia? I known for awhile now that Russia has always had a different preferred warfare method then the U.S. Anybody got sources on Russian battle tactics? 

I'm familiar with U.S tactics and combat, but what about Russia? I known for awhile now that Russia has always had a different preferred warfare method then the U.S. Anybody got sources on Russian battle tactics? 

Russias tactics are geared towards a conventional war leading to mass destruction on both sides, thus the side with more things left is the victor as long as those things that are left are piloted/controlled exceptionally well. 

Some examples: 

- Russia still practices the dog fight for aircraft with highest priority. The argument is aircraft fights actually become drawn out with so much electronic warfare at each persons disposal.

- Russia believes in larger amounts of cheaper tanks with higher operational range

- Check out Russia's BMP-3. Completely oriented for first strike, fcks not given for a drawn out fight on the ground. Most AT and aircraft can decimate even the best armor.

- US believes in a more anti-terrorist strategy

- Main threats are disgruntled populaces, a result of a vast expanse of military bases.

- Aircraft rely on long range capabilities, stealth, often at the expense of armament capacity.

- Large amounts of armor on tanks, lower operational range to guard positions against sustained AT fire

BMP-3 and T 90 junk. Which can scare the only colonial wars.

This war will be conducted entirely different sradstvami.

For example in Syria. Shooting rockets for 1,500 km and beyond. With the destruction of the "eyes and ears" of the enemy. Next, a total bombardment of the SU-34 and SU-24.

Only after that will go into battle and glands such as Armata Kurganets. And old tanks T-90, T-72.

BMP-3 and T 90 junk. Which can scare the only colonial wars.
This war will be conducted entirely different sradstvami.
For example in Syria. Shooting rockets for 1,500 km and beyond. With the destruction of the "eyes and ears" of the enemy. Next, a total bombardment of the SU-34 and SU-24.
Only after that will go into battle and glands such as Armata Kurganets. And old tanks T-90, T-72.

What the hell did he say?