Sign in to follow this  
hcpookie

Artillery on Ship mis-behavior

I'm looking for confirmation of a behavior I have.  Trying to add artillery to my Frigate improvement.  It didn't work.  Artillery explodes about 1 second after launch.  Nothing ever lands, so the arty never "finishes".

I reduced the config down to using default MLRS weapon, and the 12 Rnd MLRS magazine.  No dice.

Following MLRS settings, I added:

ARTY_IsArtyVehicle = 1;

ARTY_IsArtyVehicle = 0;

artilleryScanner = 1;

ARTY_MissionPrep[] = {"\ca\modules\arty\data\scripts\missionprep\ARTY_mobileMissionPrep.sqf"};
  ARTY_MissionFinish[] = {"\ca\modules\arty\data\scripts\missionprep\ARTY_mobileMissionFinish.sqf"};

Still, nothing.  I'm beginning to think that the Ship class cannot use artillery.  Wanting to confirm this if anyone has any information.  I tried searching "artillery ship", "artillery boat", and couldn't get any hits.

Help?

• Like 1

I should also add - I ensured the primary gunner is the artillery turret, and no other turrets have a higher "commanding" value.  The arty turret is THE commander.  I know from experience this makes a difference on ground vehicles...

Awhile back Mikey got artillery working with USS iowa for a3 and I did a vid.

I remember it being a bit of a pain. Rydygier was looking at it to and got it working in ffe.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/159152-fire-for-effect-the-god-of-war-smart-simple-ai-artillery/page-4

It's been awhile since we looked at it but if it's similar to a3 then we may be able to help... I'll see if I can find the vid...

Looking forward to your a3 stuff pookie :)

I think this link may be helpful. I'd have to see your configs to know for sure. https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/176889-spcoop-west-to-east-dynamic-battles/?p=2835341.

Another thing if this will be on arma 3. My ai mod checks for arty this way now.

_artyyes = [];
{
_veh = typeOf (vehicle _x);
_bbua = [(configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _veh),"availableForSupportTypes",0] call BIS_fnc_returnConfigEntry;
if (count _bbua > 0) then {
if ((_bbua select 0) == "Artillery") then {_artyyes pushBack _x};
};

} forEach units _group;

[(configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _veh),"availableForSupportTypes",0] call BIS_fnc_returnConfigEntry; will check the config to see if its an arty type unit. ;)

Interesting.  This is A2, not A3.  I can confirm the "availableForSupportTypes" doesn't work.  I am starting to think it doesn't work in A2.

Config-wise, this is the relevant info:

availableForSupportTypes[] = {"Artillery"};
  ARTY_IsArtyVehicle = 1;
  artilleryScanner = 1;
  ARTY_MissionPrep[] = {"\ca\modules\arty\data\scripts\missionprep\ARTY_mobileMissionPrep.sqf"};
  ARTY_MissionFinish[] = {"\ca\modules\arty\data\scripts\missionprep\ARTY_mobileMissionFinish.sqf"};

weapons[] = {"MLRS"};

magazines[] = {"12Rnd_MLRS"};

I've tried variations of removing lines, setting 1 to 0, etc. and nothing seems to work.  So I'm about to give up on it :)