daoarge

Hell in the Pacific - a full conversion WW2 mod [Reboot]

How has progress been going? Smoothly I hope, considering the collaboration with Face of War. From what I've seen both mods look absolutely fantastic, and I can't wait to see what comes out from both teams efforts (or just team now I guess). Best of luck you you all. 

I wonder if the mod team are thinking of, if they have time, adding any voice acting ? It would be nice to have soldiers saying period accurate orders and comments.

I've already ported the HiP ambient voice system over from HiP A2, which does something like that.

Based on the situation (careless, aware, combat, etc.) and depending whether the AI unit is in command slot or not, they keep shouting appropriate stuff like "MOVE" or "TAKE COVER".

If in stealth mode AI will be whispering, which is very nice if you play a night mission and hear japanese voices nearby whispering... :-)

To get a picture, listen to the shouting in the background in this video.

Progress has been slowed down during the summer holidays, but we're expecting to pick up speed soon - thnx everybody for your interest and patience!

• Like 6

Everybody had a nice summer and now back at dreary work/school/university?
The weekend is near and here's something to sweeten up your friday.

Mr. Pedersen spent his summer polishing up IJA defense positions, so that they at least have a theoretical chance of making a stand against the imminent US attack.

M1.jpg

M2.jpg

• Like 21

Dear god that is absolutely incredible, all of his hard work has definitely seemed to have paid off. 

Thank you very much sir.

I try to do my best and hope you all will like the island.

• Like 3

I do hope you will include one of the special units participating in Tarawa,

which was the Kaigun Tokubetsu Rikusentai

or Imperial Japanese Navy Special Naval Landing Force (Marine)

SNLF for short.

I do hope you will include one of the special units participating in Tarawa,

which was the Kaigun Tokubetsu Rikusentai

or Imperial Japanese Navy Special Naval Landing Force (Marine)

SNLF for short.

SNLF was deployed on island to defend it and the force that where  defending Betio Tarawa during the USMC invansion.

Great job good sirs, love this mod! Just saw this on Youtube, wondering if you have a release date sir? Also will this game work on ARMA 3 on Steam? Thanks and cheers!

Great job good sirs, love this mod! Just saw this on Youtube, wondering if you have a release date sir? Also will this game work on ARMA 3 on Steam? Thanks and cheers!

I don't wanna sound like a dick hah, but of course it'll work with the Steam Version, also, in terms of release dates, nothings confirmed. So just wait and see.

I don't wanna sound like a dick hah, but of course it'll work with the Steam Version, also, in terms of release dates, nothings confirmed. So just wait and see.

Thank you Oli19, duly noted! It's just that it's easy for me to buy ARMA 3 off Steam, but if it won't work (silly me) then I was thinking of buying ARMA 3 the hard copy off eBay. Thank you.

• Like 1

Arma3 hardcopy off Ebay? I better not ask... :D

We're developing on the stable branch of Arma3, which we bought off Steam, so you shouldn't run into any troubles.
Concerning the release date, just keep an eye (or two) on this thread. It will pay off, I'm sure ;)

• Like 1

Sorry to go even further into off topic but, Arma "ONLY" legally works with Steam. While you can purchase a key somewhere else (e.g. BI shop) you have to activate it through steam in order to play.

Just a very friendly advice. By the love of God/Allah/Flying Spagetti Monster don't buy the game off ebay and especially not "used". The chance that you get a used steam key (which can not be used anymore) is WAY to big. Stick with trusted sources (Steam or the BI Store). Might cost you some $/€ more but you get what you pay for.

And on Topic:

Concerning the release date, just keep an eye (or two) on this thread. It will pay off, I'm sure ;)

Dat tease. Now I'm going to stick my eyes on here for the next days/weeks

• Like 3

Thank you Oli19, duly noted! It's just that it's easy for me to buy ARMA 3 off Steam, but if it won't work (silly me) then I was thinking of buying ARMA 3 the hard copy off eBay. Thank you.

Buy ARMA 3 from steam.

Its that simple.

Then enjoy the game.

• Like 1

Dat tease. Now I'm going to stick my eyes on here for the next days/weeks

* Hand over binoculars too Moon_chilD *

;)

• Like 1

I have one question, in the Arma 2 version when a bomb hit the water it would create a vapor bubble (I don't know what they're exactly called. Effectively a visible water/vapor shockwave). Will that be making a return in Arma 3? I thought it was very nice touch in Arma 2.

Edit: You guys can scratch what I said above, its a pretty useless question. Hopefully everyone on the team is doing alright, you guys are doing amazing and I'm loving everything I've seen so far, goodluck

• Like 1

Operation Galvanic is coming along well, here are some impressions from Red Beach 1:

N1.jpg

N2.jpg

N3.jpg

N4.jpg

• Like 17

I can't see the pics - firefox says it's unsecured.

• Like 1

You guys merged with Faces of War right?  I noticed that their thread is now locked.  Is there a new one or are you guys using this one permanently?