daoarge

Hell in the Pacific - a full conversion WW2 mod [Reboot]

Out of personal interest I succeeded to run some HiP A2 islands in HiP A3, although they were missing ambient sounds and stuff like that and ofc other A3 features/standards.

Hi,

Do you think that along with the files that will be part of the Alpha release that, that would be enough to run some of the previously released A2 islands such as Kohima? As Unsupported of course.

Simply looking at the islands in Eden was enough to get me very excited about HIP again but without certain files some objects were missing.

I'm sure you probably hate questions like that, sorry, I just thought I'd ask.

Yes, it's the old ca stuff that went "K.I.A." with one of the A3 updates :)

Tbh. it's a matter if the effort to port the islands matches the outcome.

Since all the assets in HiP A2 were of top-notch quality, they still look amazing in A3 - but directly compared to content specifically created for A3 (objects, textures, etc.), probably not.

So, we're having a look at it, but if we decide that the efforts needed aren't worth the outcome for whatever reason, we gonna dump the idea and carry on with other stuff.

And no, Im defo not hating people interested in FoW/HiP, especially not the ones that actually read and remember my posts (and not only look for screenies ;) )

• Like 1

daoarge,

Thank you for your reply. I understand completely; the HiP mod was top quality so moving to A3 you wants the standards of the mod both visually and technically to be of the same or better quality. "Porting" the A2 islands may prove to be a lot of work only to end up with a set of A2 islands in A3 where the time and effort porting the islands could have been spent improving the mod and perhaps create new A3 generation islands instead.

Crawling on the beach of the war torn islands while the Japanese army fire machine guns over your head has a lot of atmosphere and adrenaline, it is completely unique from other Arma experiences and mods out. I look forward to the HiP Alpha and future releases.

I'm glad to see that HIP is making it into Arma 3.  It was one of the last mods I played on Arma 2 and was totally worth the wait.  Are you guys planning on adding more vehicles in the Arma 3 version of the mod, like the LVT-5 howitzer variant.  

l.aspx?k=106259125

We only have the Amtrak with heavy machineguns.

Time will tell what other stuff that will be added in future.
I can not say anything.

We are now part of the Faces Of War mod team.

Working as one.

What does that mean for your release, you guys have said before the end of Apex but we're not to far off that now, seeing as it's apparently the end of the month.

What does that mean for your release, you guys have said before the end of Apex but we're not to far off that now, seeing as it's apparently the end of the month.

They now belong to FoW and we won't never release them  :icon_twisted:

I got the impression that Apex was going to be end of June.(it would be great if it is the end of this month though).

I know that's not your point but perhaps HiP folks are also making that assumption and therefore they have another 5 weeks to get their Alpha release ready.

Having lost my earlier account, I got along quite well without until now. But now that HitP has merged with the FoW mod, I just had to re-register to ask this:

When both mods are finished, will there be a merged release or two separate ones? Will the mods be technically compatible with each other (ie. same damage and armor values etc)?

And most importantly, will the finished mod be called "Faces of the Pacific" or "Hell in the War"? :P

There will be just one release and one mod

That's great news! 

Are you interested in my USS Essex aircraft carrier? I've done it for A2, have working elevator, arresting gear and two steam catapults, based on Nimitz's scripts. Also it includes a salvage tractor. Whole addon needs to be ported and polished a little. I am quite busy so wouldn't be able to port it by myself in reasonable time.

Movie (stuff from HIP A2 - AAA guns and aircrafts, also ships from WW2 Warships):

wdjXRMx.jpg

Google Gallery:

http://goo.gl/photos/uMDPcEXu2jTRoJaw9

• Like 11

Wow, just watched your video and the gallery - I feel ashamed that I somehow missed your mod in A2...

And yes of course, we gladly accept your offer! Im gonna pm you tomorrow morning after my 2nd coffee :)

• Like 2

Hey man, there's no reason to be ashamed of! The addon wasn't released publicly. I am glad he's gonna ends up in the right hands.

• Like 1

That's great news! 

Are you interested in my USS Essex aircraft carrier? I've done it for A2, have working elevator, arresting gear and two steam catapults, based on Nimitz's scripts. Also it includes a salvage tractor. Whole addon needs to be ported and polished a little. I am quite busy so wouldn't be able to port it by myself in reasonable time.

Movie (stuff from HIP A2 - AAA guns and aircrafts, also ships from WW2 Warships):

wdjXRMx.jpg

Google Gallery:

http://goo.gl/photos/uMDPcEXu2jTRoJaw9

Any plans to release as standalone to so we can use in Vietnam also :)

• Like 2

I am not the right person to answer the question anymore, I am afraid :)

Honestly, I would love to see it as a ASW carrier or early LHA (for which btw I have different camo too) in NAM mod like this ones:

http://goo.gl/photos/2qEe328WpuE22im19   but cannot create them by myself due to a workload. If HIP guys can port it and then share it with UNS DevTeam, it's perfectly fine with me as long as proper credit were given to original authors and all devs involved.

• Like 1

Unsung Bravo isn't the only anticipated mod....I'm really looking forward to HiP / FOW A3 Alpha :).

• Like 2

Unsung Bravo isn't the only anticipated mod....I'm really looking forward to HiP / FOW A3 Alpha :).

I hope that you know Unsung bravo is out.

• Like 1

Who dare to not knows that?  :) I am sure release of HIP will be an event of the same magnitude.

• Like 1

Who dare to not knows that?  :) I am sure release of HIP will be an event of the same magnitude.

Hahaha right! I am also waiting for HiP to release but now they are part of FoW which might take longer :P well we all want high quality and accurate WW2 mods, we have to wait...

Lol, yes I did, thank you. :)

Lol, yes I did, thank you. :)

Yeah I don't think anyone doesn't know lol but we are going off topic let's get back on topic!

Wow, great to see this mod still going and now in ArmA 3 ! Very interesting development with the aircraft carrier as well.

I wonder if the mod team are thinking of, if they have time, adding any voice acting ? It would be nice to have soldiers saying period accurate orders and comments.

• Like 2