daoarge

Hell in the Pacific - a full conversion WW2 mod [Reboot]

Patience is a virtue that will be well rewarded.

• Like 3

Patience is a virtue that will be well rewarded.

This can means that they thinking about it... :hmmm:

Heyho everyone!

First I'd like to say, that we really appreciate your interest in Hell in the Pacific!

As we all are working for free in our spare time, player feedback is our preferred currency we'd like to get paid in and with all you people following this thread, asking questions, posting comments on YT - that's what motivates us and keeps us going!

A big thank you from the HiP team for keeping us motivated!

When Pedersen and me "revived" HiP A3 last Autumn from its hibernation, we didn't think we would come this far. And especially, we weren't sure how we gonna proceed after an eventual initial release.

Stuff like extending/adding uniforms, et. al. was totally off our radar until now, as we were focusing on (for the gameplay) more important content like weapons and vehicles. 

I still wont be posting any details about our release timetable, but to boost your confidence (and hopefully also your patience ;)) in the HiP team and its supporters, let me tell you these three facts:

Fact 1: There will be an Alpha release of Hell in the Pacific

Fact 2: It will happen before we reach the end of the #roadtoApex

Fact 3: We will continue to work on HiP after the Alpha release

I'm sorry, that I don't have any more publicly classified information I could post - but as soon as this changes, you will read it here first :)

If you guys are interested, I could post some more screenies here to shorten your waiting time :P

• Like 7

If you guys are interested, I could post some more screenies here to shorten your waiting time :P

Please do.

• Like 1

I was wondering do the AI LCVP drivers open the ramp when they hit the beach because on Arma 2 I made a mission on peleliu with over 80 LVTS and LCVPS and the ramps didn't go down and the LCVPS got destroys or the men when they hopped out they got launched and died because I have plans to do that on Arma 3 and try to make a wave effect with the LVTS and LCVPS with the max of LVTS and LCVPS I can get that's like 1000 men and over 80 boats similar to my mission on Arma 2 also do the LCVPS stay stationary when they are landed on the beach or can they drive off because I would like to make that wave effect again thanks for this mod I appreciate a lot I cannot wait keep up the good work and don't cancel this mod lol

If you watch the first video starting at about 1:05 (https://youtu.be/9in8yc3OULo?t=1m5s) you can see the disembark procedure.

Right LCVP makes it to the beach, left one is hitting an obstacle, causing an "early" disembark. At 3:55 you can see another landing: https://youtu.be/9in8yc3OULo?t=3m55s

Atm it's not planned to make the LCVP return (crew is also disembarking and joining the fights), as we have no ships where they possibly could return to and besides that, it would require a lot of scripting to make it look smooth, especially for the LCVPs that got stuck or damaged.

• Like 1

in the arma 2 HiP the LVT drivers would stop driving when on of the gunners would be killed will this change in arma 3?

Hmm, I wasn't aware of such behaviour in HiP A2 but I would classify this as bug.

I'm hoping it's close to an alpha state, I can't say how long I've waited for a WW2 mod without the need to pay for a game to use it,(Which in turn makes it a pay to get mod). I would very much be interested in testing this mod if that would be Okay, I have a thing for that Era. 

I do have one question related to the units, will we see different textures for the uniforms, European theater etc and will we see radio backpacks from that era also in the mod?

1) Is the mod going to be ace compatable

2) is there still a time line aka roadmap for mod

Are you guys also planning to maybe make some ships? Like aircraft carriers, battleships etc. Obviously maybe not in the first release but later?

• Like 1

I'm hoping it's close to an alpha state, I can't say how long I've waited for a WW2 mod without the need to pay for a game to use it,(Which in turn makes it a pay to get mod). I would very much be interested in testing this mod if that would be Okay, I have a thing for that Era. 

I do have one question related to the units, will we see different textures for the uniforms, European theater etc and will we see radio backpacks from that era also in the mod?

Probably I'm getting you wrong, but you need Arma3 for this mod, which I hope you required (=payed for) through proper distribution channels  :)

The radiopacks will be ported from HiP A2 when we implement TFAR compatibility, other uniform textures will be added probably someday later.

1) Is the mod going to be ace compatable

2) is there still a time line aka roadmap for mod

Yes and plans are to have the Alpha out before the A3 expansion is released.

Are you guys also planning to maybe make some ships? Like aircraft carriers, battleships etc. Obviously maybe not in the first release but later?

Yup, the aircraft carrier is on our "port it over from HiP A2 and make it look sexy" list.

• Like 1

Yes I do own ArmA 3, I merely mean that it's the first ww2 mod that doesn't seem to require paying for a different game to play it on ArmA 3 :) I44 hasn't come out and I'm not even sure it is so this mod is a god send.

Haha, got it. I shouldnt post before I had my 3rd coffee :)

Yup, the aircraft carrier is on our "port it over from HiP A2 and make it look sexy" list.

Thank you!

Not to worry, I have to ask, what sort of map size are we looking at for Betio Island? and how many of the islands involved in the pacific theater of war are you hoping to add? 

are the sniper scopes going to be 2D or 3D scopes? considering how scopes were pretty much 2.5x zoom for the japs and the american scope was apperently also 2.5x zoom, which in ArmA III the MRCO, RCO, and ARCO are respectively 2x, 2x, 2x, while their RL counterparts (Cant find the real MRCO) have the HAMR (RCO) 4x zoom, SpecterDR(ARCO) is 4x zoom . So making them a 3D sight would be a nice option and would also make people who are familiar with games like rising storm like the sights. 

Great news, everyone!

And now fullsteam towards the first release! :D

• Like 11

Awesome news guys. That just makes both mods 200% better. Wish you best of luck. I hope that we soon get some playable content. ;3

Mod looks great, I look forward to the Alpha release.

Great news, everyone!

And now fullsteam towards the first release! :D

Hahaha I knew it you guys were going to merge! People were talking about it on the FoW thread but for some reason they were denying it .Glad you guys merged now as you said, fullsteam towards the first release! Can't wait!

You know, it's a lesson life's teaching you: Always deny, what they can't prove  :D

Not to worry, I have to ask, what sort of map size are we looking at for Betio Island? and how many of the islands involved in the pacific theater of war are you hoping to add? 

Scale of Betio is almost 1:1, that means an area of a bit more than 1,5km²

Tbh. there's nothing settled yet, what goes beyond the first release. We have some things on our mind like porting additional vehicles, islands or creating new stuff but there's nothing to be confirmed yet.

are the sniper scopes going to be 2D or 3D scopes? considering how scopes were pretty much 2.5x zoom for the japs and the american scope was apperently also 2.5x zoom, which in ArmA III the MRCO, RCO, and ARCO are respectively 2x, 2x, 2x, while their RL counterparts (Cant find the real MRCO) have the HAMR (RCO) 4x zoom, SpecterDR(ARCO) is 4x zoom . So making them a 3D sight would be a nice option and would also make people who are familiar with games like rising storm like the sights. 

I guess 2D.

You know, it's a lesson life's teaching you: Always deny, what they can't prove  :D

Hahaha, nice one!