daoarge

Hell in the Pacific - a full conversion WW2 mod [Reboot]

Hey nice mod! as a fan of the IJA i very much respect your ideas for such mods, ARMA 2 HIP was fun i can't imagine ARMA 3 keep up the good work! 

Also, i modified some HiP uniforms for personal usage in HiP is that fine with you guys?

i study alot about the IJA and i felt that there was a couple of things lacking when it comes down to IJA uniforms, so i decided to edit some IJA uniforms from HiP and made a couple of new IJA officer tunics etc etc just for my personal usage in ARMA 2. HiP adding more diversity in the Japanese uniforms.

• Like 2

I saw "The Pacific" from HBO and it was a great TV serie. I'm glad to see this in a game :P

to the topic:

The progress seems pretty far. There is already a Sherman on the pictures, so you already have vehicles done in this mod? Looks awesome.

Amazing work, love to see that you share ingame pics with the community! Im so excited for this mod and cant wait! 

Question : Will this mod be compatible with ace3? I see that you mentioned a medic system, would this conflict with ace or is it it's own module that can be disabled?

Heyho,

I'm back from some R&R, full of energy and motivation :)

Also, i modified some HiP uniforms for personal usage in HiP is that fine with you guys?

i study alot about the IJA and i felt that there was a couple of things lacking when it comes down to IJA uniforms, so i decided to edit some IJA uniforms from HiP and made a couple of new IJA officer tunics etc etc just for my personal usage in ARMA 2. HiP adding more diversity in the Japanese uniforms.

Usually we would like to get asked before, but I think it's no problem. Basically we'd like to ask you to donate your work to our project, so we can add it to our HiP A2 archive and possibly take advantage of it someday.

Do you have access to historic information (background infos, pictures, etc.) about IJA uniforms? If so, I'd like to get in touch with you!

The progress seems pretty far. There is already a Sherman on the pictures, so you already have vehicles done in this mod? Looks awesome.

Yes, besides the M4A2 Sherman, we have the LVT-2, Willys Jeep and the Higgins boat available. But all of these still need some love config wise.

Probably there will also be one or two surprises, but they will stay classified until the Alpha release ;)

Question : Will this mod be compatible with ace3? I see that you mentioned a medic system, would this conflict with ace or is it it's own module that can be disabled?

Yes, we're planning to be Zeus, ACE3 and TFAR compatible.

Concerning the medic system, we originally planned to port over the HiP A2 medic system which was based on the Alternative Injury System by Bon.

But since Bons AIS has been ported to A3 already, we simply recommend using their port.

So you can basically use whatever medic system you prefer, If you going for the "original HiP" look&feel, you would need to use Psychos port of AIS.

• Like 1

Sounds great. I am curious what vehicles come else! 

Will the british be in the mod? 

Were there british troops in the pacific during WW2?

yeah there was, Singapor and places like that

Wildcat of course you would respond buddy lol. Well I don't want to say it's impossible but I doubt they will make any british units

Yes, there were british troops deployed to the Pacific theatre (Burma, Singapore and a third major location, which I cant remember atm) and there are british units, vehicles, weapons available in HiP A2.

As for HiP A3 british units will not be included in the Alpha release, but we'll see whats gonna happen after the Alpha ;)

• Like 1

Were there british troops in the pacific during WW2?

Just a few old boy, including the biggest British surrender in WW2, possibly British military history:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Singapore

Not to mention the efforts of our plucky antipodean cousins:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_Australia_during_World_War_II#War_in_the_Pacific

Just a few old boy, including the biggest British surrender in WW2, possibly British military history:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Singapore

Not to mention the efforts of our plucky antipodean cousins:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_Australia_during_World_War_II#War_in_the_Pacific

Ah yes indeed. Good work Ol' Sport, famously done.  ;)

Is there going to be any LST ships where the lvts can launch out of or an animation when you spawn in a LVT and you can launch out of a landing craft ship kind of like the peleliu landing scene on "the pacific" or the 2nd mission on WAW thanks the mod looks great keep it up!👌ðŸ»

Is there going to be any LST ships where the lvts can launch out of or an animation when you spawn in a LVT and you can launch out of a landing craft ship kind of like the peleliu landing scene on "the pacific" or the 2nd mission on WAW thanks the mod looks great keep it up!👌ðŸ»

No, there won't be any LSTs but it's on my plan to make the (at least the initial) spawn for the COOP mission on an LCVP inbound to Red Beach 1.

• Like 1

Ok thanks for telling me I'm still excited for the mod is there a quarter of the year the mod will be released in like a estimated month?

We have an internal timetable for the first Alpha release, but we're not talking about any dates publicly (yet).

I havent posted any screenies for quite some time, so here are some screenshots from my recent mission development, enjoy.

L1.jpg

L2.jpg

L3.jpg

L4.jpg

L5.jpg

L6.jpg

Here I placed some objects in the middle of Betio for demonstrating purposes. Works a treat with Eden.

L7.jpg

L8.jpg

L9.jpg

• Like 6

Nice work, shame not getting a release date 

completly understand what you mean. haha 

Looks all so awesome

Folks, I can totally understand your pain about the release date - therefore I need to post a screenie of an earlier testsession, which I forgot before :P

L10.jpg

• Like 4

ooh these sherman are so shiny!  

You're doing this well known, right? Show us these pictures. ;D

Quick question will Iwo Jima be in the mod or peleliu because in arma 2 Iwo Jima wasn't playable in the editor only armoury and it wa a real pitty I saw a video on the map on YouTube but it never was playable in editor?

• Like 1

Did you think about doing a model of soldier without canvas leggings?

uniform_usmc_3.jpguniform_usmc_2.jpguniform_usmc_.jpg

• Like 1

Quick question will Iwo Jima be in the mod or peleliu because in arma 2 Iwo Jima wasn't playable in the editor only armoury and it wa a real pitty I saw a video on the map on YouTube but it never was playable in editor?

One buck for every time I got asked about Iwo Jima the last months, I could pay Pedersen to work 24/7 on Iwa Jima, just to make people stop asking me about Iwo Jima. :D

No seriously, we are aiming to rather release few content but that in top-quality. That means, that only Betio Island will be included in the first release.

We've got a lot of plans for the future (more on that later) and that plans include Iwo Jima. But please don't take it as granted, that IJ will be released someday, as we still need to prioritize our plans.

Out of personal interest I succeeded to run some HiP A2 islands in HiP A3, although they were missing ambient sounds and stuff like that and ofc other A3 features/standards.

Did you think about doing a model of soldier without canvas leggings?

I think, it's safe to say we didn't :)

vintorez, on 09 Apr 2016 - 13:51, said:snapback.png

Did you think about doing a model of soldier without canvas leggings?

I think, it's safe to say we didn't  :)

What about now? Are you maybe thinking in adding such uniforms?

• Like 2