daoarge

Hell in the Pacific - a full conversion WW2 mod [Reboot]

Hey man, looks like that Marine forgot his M1 Carbine bayonet mount! haha

Very glad to see you guys porting HIP to ArmA 3, and thank you for the enjoyment HIP for ArmA 2 had brought me.

IJA had upgraded their armament and throughout the conflict with China. 

Weapons and uniforms in Manchurian Incident were much different than in the Pacific War.

For instance, Type 38 rifles were produced no less than Type 99's, but none in ArmA unfortunately.

Currently we, a mod team, are working on far-east battlefield of WWII, esp. China.

Infantries, weapons and terrains are built slowly but steadily.

I wonder if we can have a talk on a shared framework of config, scripts, models, etc., and how I can contact you.

Greetings,

Hiddenzone.

Of course, I understand that there is stuff you need to do first, but I really want melee in arma 3 :D

Good luck with the project guys, we are all waiting patiently!

I know what you mean. Jumping down a trench and attacking the enemy with my bayonet was one of my joys in HiP A2 (although it ended up badly for me most of the times. The Pistol is always mightier than the sword :D)

Hey man, looks like that Marine forgot his M1 Carbine bayonet mount! haha

Sshh, please don't disclose to the public, that we're field-testing a new combat-proof superglue ;)

Very glad to see you guys porting HIP to ArmA 3, and thank you for the enjoyment HIP for ArmA 2 had brought me.

IJA had upgraded their armament and throughout the conflict with China. 

Weapons and uniforms in Manchurian Incident were much different than in the Pacific War.

For instance, Type 38 rifles were produced no less than Type 99's, but none in ArmA unfortunately.

Currently we, a mod team, are working on far-east battlefield of WWII, esp. China.

Infantries, weapons and terrains are built slowly but steadily.

I wonder if we can have a talk on a shared framework of config, scripts, models, etc., and how I can contact you.

Greetings,

Hiddenzone.

Thanks, we hope to be able to "revive" the spirit of HiP A2, we're working hard on it.

Yes, we should defo have a chat, just sent you a pm.

I talked about a little "surprise" the last time - since the pathfinding test went so well, I took some footage which I compiled into this 10min clip:

People with sensitive ears might consider turning the volume down :)

• Like 4

very good work!

the katana from Kickass is very cute

0sA-YaOkcho5k6lcvUTO5rd6_T6E8Pb7eUW675Aa

Well, yep jumping in trenches with the bayonet was amazing in A2 HiP, I also want to ask will you add some other melee items like a katana :P

The Katana isn't our tasklist so far, but probably that could change once Kickass joins our team :)

The Katana isn't our tasklist so far, but probably that could change once Kickass joins our team :)

Awesome! Who doesn't want japs to raid trenches with damn katanas!?

• Like 1

Of all the Arma videos I've watched in the last year or so, none is likely to raise my friends interest in moving to A3 more than this...

Thank you SO much & keep up the outstanding work!

Awesome! Who doesn't want japs to raid trenches with damn katanas!?

Well, me? :)

As todays MP test showed, IJA equipped with firearms and grenade is enough to deal with, at least for me :lol:

Got any more screenshots of Japanese Soldiers?

Coming soon.

Here's a nice sunrise pic of todays test event:

sunrise.jpg

Brought to you by the USMC department for military tourism in the south Pacific. Specialized on island hopping since 1942.

• Like 2

As requested, here are some screenshots of IJA soldiers with different helmets, uniforms, vests and selected weapons.

I will post a bigger update about what happened the last two weeks later on.

G01.jpg

G02.jpg

G03.jpg

G04.jpg

G05.jpg

• Like 6

mp missions will be awesome!  a sector control on tarawa ............

edit.... for the rest of maps, you will wait Tanoa expansion?

mp missions will be awesome!  a sector control on tarawa ............

edit.... for the rest of maps, you will wait Tanoa expansion?

For very dense and heavy Jungle island like GuadalCanal we think it is best to wait for the Tanoa expansion and then use the the new vegetation objects that comes with Tanoa.

I hope I can finish the Iwo Jima island and release it together with Betio Tarawa island in the first release of HIPA3.

But it depends, we are still a very small team and looking for skilled 3D-artist and other skilled moders that could help bring this mod to a epic first release that the A3-community will enjoy.

Before we start into the weekend, here's an update about what happened the last two weeks:

Island status (Tarawa - Betio Island):

We had an MP test last Sunday focusing on finding errors, glitches, etc. on Betio Island and it went far better than expected.

Not only that we seriously kicked some japanese butts, but we discovered just one floating barrel and two minor glitches (which didnt really effect gameplay) - it was fun to play and as I said before, Betio Island is really close to be ready for release. Pedersen is now working on fixing these issues and improving some other points, as I'd like to schedule the next MP test sometime within the next three weeks.

The only thing we came across during this test, where I'm not sure if I should call this a bug or a feature, is that we have taken evidence that on some occassions AI conducted FF on human players. A point that needs some further investigation.

Faction&Weapon Status:

Work is still in progress here and although the weaponry was fun to use during the test, some attribute values defo need adjustment.

Ferwindjacks is working on these topics.

Vehicle Status:

As there is nothing spectacular to report on, I will post a bit more detailled about the vehicle status later.

Other stuff:

As the MP test has shown, features like Bons Alternative Injury System, the Suppression Module, etc. made up the details which made HiP A2 so unique and therefore we will port these features to Arma3.

That's where I spent most of my time the last two weeks, besides working on the missions (and the scripts they're built on) which will be released with mod.

Thanks a lot to everyone for your positive and motivating feedback and I'd like to say a big special THANK YOU! to all the modders "outside" the HiP core team, who are helping us getting stuff done and bringing HiP closer to release!

• Like 3

Here are the test results of a flare script, which will be used in one of the missions for HiP, I'm currently working on.

With this system in place, sectors containing friendly troops will receive constant battlefield illumination by randomly dropped flares - sectors with no friendly troops will remain dark.

I1.jpg

I2.jpg

I3.jpg

A brief video of this test will follow.

As promised, here are some screenshots of USMC vehicles, which are already ported over to HiP for A3.

It's not much yet, but we're working on that :)

M4A2 Sherman

J1.jpg

J2.jpg

LVT-2

J3.jpg

J4.jpg

Willys Jeep

J5.jpg

LCVP (Higgins Boat)

J6.jpg

Some vehicle config parameters still need tuning, but all vehicles shown here can already be used.

Next update will focus on infos for mission makers.

• Like 9

Looking mighty fine! Excellent work. Best of luck with the remaining efforts!

God a sherman in Arma3 ...unbelievable,good job guys :dance1:

Thanks everyone!

Here's the mentioned video about the flare script test.

• Like 3

this release on arma3 engine have just amazing rendering :)

i hope nico have d'ont forget to working one full water map ^^

Thanks everyone!

Here's the mentioned video about the flare script test.

The flare looks really amazing but I must say the sounds are even better :)

Also, I think the flare should stay lit for a bit even after it hits the ground.

• Like 1

Fantastic work! Thanks for your contributions to arma community.

Do you have plan to develop standalone reload animation for each infantry weapon?

The MOD will looks especially realistic if you can deploy bolt-reload animation (between single shots) to Arisaka series rifles and Springfield M1903. 

Fantastic work! Thanks for your contributions to arma community.

Do you have plan to develop standalone reload animation for each infantry weapon?

The MOD will looks especially realistic if you can deploy bolt-reload animation (between single shots) to Arisaka series rifles and Springfield M1903. 

I am currently reworking the animations on all of the weapons as last I checked, the M1G didn't use an AK mag :D