IndeedPete

Pete's Texture Templates

Hey Shomu 1,

This is a part of a retexture pack I did some time back the config is for the Orca but just replace with Ghost hawk classname and your other info and it should work.

class CfgPatches 

class My_Mod_Config 

{ 

units[] = {}; 

weapons[] = {}; 

requiredVersion = 0.1; 

requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Characters_F"}; 

}; 

}; 

//************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

//*****        Factions                  *********************************************************************************************************************************************************

//************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

class cfgFactionClasses 

class Custom_Faction 

{ 

displayName = "Custom_Faction"; 

priority = 3; // Position in list. 

side = 1; // Opfor = 0, Blufor = 1, Indep = 2. 

icon = ""; //Custom Icon 

};  

};

class CfgVehicles {

class O_Heli_Light_02_F;

class TIER1_ORCA: O_Heli_Light_02_F //For unarmed version use: "O_Heli_Light_02_unarmed_F"

{

side = 1;

scope = 2;

crew = "B_Helipilot_F"; //example: "B_Helipilot_F"

faction = "Custom_Faction";

displayName = "PO-30 Orca  WOODLAND [TIER1]";

hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo1"};

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\Orca\data\ORCA2.paa"};  //Your path to texture

};

};

@greywolf907: It is very simple in GIMP, I don't know about PS though. I heard that is one thing it cannot do that fast, hence some people use GIMP in addition, just to make these heightmaps, shadowing, etc. The workflow is:

1. Locate matching xyz_nohq.paa (normal map), xyz_as.paa (ambient shadowing, sometimes not available), xyz_smdi.paa (reflexions, optional, I found that the smdi is not really useful), usually to be found in the same Arma 3\addons\xyz.pbo as the original texture.

2. Insert all of them to texture template, scale to original size if needed. (The AS is often quite small, apparently to save space.)

3. Desaturate them.

4. (GIMP-specific) Use Colours -> Colour to Alpha.

5. Adjust opacity / turn on/off SMDI as needed.

Alternate workflow: when NOHQ or AS are not available and the original texture comes in single colour, i.e. no camo pattern, one can make a fake normal map using the same process. It will probably need some opacity adjustments and colour corrections in the end.

@shomu1: You could do that, but as I said, it will replace the original, which is often not wanted. I, for example, wouldn't download repalcement mods or at least I'd only run them for a specific purpose but not as part of my general modset.

• Like 1

The green Ghosthawk gets on my nerves, so in this case it's what I'm going for.  But thanks for the help.  I'll let you know how it goes.

I assume for the FactionClasses section I would replace the "Custom_Faction" with the classname for BLUFOR?  Or could I just leave that out?

Just leave it out, but make sure the original faction class reference is set in the helo's config.

Alright, it worked perfectly!  Thanks for your help, man.

Just uploaded a current snapshot of my template library. I've actually no idea what changed. There is some new nano fabric material in some of the vest and backpack textures. Hm, the MXs templates are much cleaner now and got a new grunge effect. Oh, and a bunch of UI icon templates were added. Plus the templates for some Marksmen weapons have been brought to GIMP standards, so to speak. They should now produce similar results as the orignal PS templates from BI did. Finally, I've made a template for the Mk18 ABR.

• Like 1

Hey Pete. Was wondering if you could make a template for the full ghillie-suit? :)

Awesome templates!

I think the Marksmen ones are still encrypted.

The only content thats encrypted right now is the Apex content. :)

Interesting. I didn't know they decrypted the DLC content. But good to know, thanks.

On the subject of Ghillie suits however, I never really use them so I don't have any particular interest in doing them at the moment. Got enough other things on my list anyway.

Is it just me or are the google drive links empty/not working?

They work for me. (Tested with incognito mode to simulate public access.)

• Like 1

They work for me. (Tested with incognito mode to simulate public access.)

Yeah my bad, for some reason it didn't work with google chrome. But I got it working, thx.

Yeah my bad, for some reason it didn't work with google chrome. But I got it working, thx.

Oh, the irony. :D

• Like 1

Hey Pete,

I see there is supposed to be templates for backpacks but i don't see any on Google Drive.  If you have some could you help a brother out and upload them at your convenience.

Thx in advance for your help.

There's a sub-folder containing some backpacks. And I can access it anonymously.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to update the templates at the moment as I currently just have ~128 mbit/s upload speed. I'm aiming to move to a new flat and hopefully get back a decent internet connection in one or two months.

Does anyone know where to find the files for the Qilin or Prowler, or by any chance a template for it?

They have been released by Bohemia. Download Arma 3 Samples in steam (Library > Tools).

• Like 1

hi indeedPete,

really nice work !

did you plan to create more template, by example the Tempest Truck ?

Ah, no time, sorry. :/

Please I need the harness lbv template, how can I find it? It's in your files because I do not see it.

Harness LBV is in the CSAT uniform hidden and scattered across the texture