IndeedPete

Pete's Texture Templates

Pete's Texture Templates

Good evening,

over the last year I've gathered quite an amount of templates for A3's vanilla textures, allowing for quick re-texturing of units, vehicles, and gear. I thought I'd share them here for others to use. Please note that they're by no means professional or anything, it's just what I've learned over the year. Hence the quality might differ from template to template, but most of them will at least save you time when cutting out things from the original files. While I do posses files for most vehicles and uniforms, the initial release will only contain a few refined ones (list below). But I plan to update the selection from time to time. If you require anything specific or need config examples, just let me know in this thread and I'll see what I can do. The most interesting are probably the main uniforms of all three sides and the MX family. All files are done with poor people's Photoshop, GIMP 2, and thus come in the .xcf format. Naming conventions closely relate to the originals. Keep in mind that I just copypasted my templates so there's all kinds of stuff flying around in them.

Before we head on to the list and the download, these fellow modders have also uploaded a great selection of templates:

Examples

1cfav1.jpg 2015-10-14_000011yygi.jpg 2015-10-14_00002g4lbk.jpg 2015-10-14_00003q6zra.jpg 2015-10-14_00004d3br5.jpg 2015-10-14_000053xa10.jpg 2015-10-14_00010yeas0.jpg 2015-10-14_00011guzs0.jpg 2015-10-14_00012h9l2a.jpg 2015-10-14_00013psb39.jpg

List of Uploaded Templates

• Air
    • BLUFOR
      • Blackfoot
      • Hummingbird / Pawnee
      • Ghosthawk
      • Huron
  • INDEP
    • Hellcat
    • Mohawk
    • Buzzard
  • Armour
    • BLUFOR
      • Cheetah / Panther
      • Marshall
      • Slammer
      • Scorcher
      • Sandstorm
  • INDEP
    • Mora
    • Kuma
    • Gorgon
  • Autonomous
    • Darter
    • Greyhawk
    • Stomper
  • Backpacks
    • Carryall
    • Assault Pack
    • Kitbag
    • Fieldpack
  • Camos
    • A few...
  • Cars
    • BLUFOR
      • Hunter
      • HEMTT
  • Civ
    • Offroad
    • Quadbike
  • INDEP
    • Strider
  • Flags
    • Flag
  • Headgear
    • Booniehat
    • Military Cap
    • Light Combat Helmet / Combat Helmet / Enhanced Combat Helmet
    • Modular Helmet
  • Ships
    • Speed Boat HMG/GMG
  • Uniforms
    • BLUFOR
      • Combat Fatigues / Recon Fatigues
  • Civ
    • Coveralls
  • INDEP
    • Combat Uniform
    • T-Shirt
    • Dark Shirt + Pants
    • Pullover + Pants
    • Officer Uniform
  • OPFOR
    • Combat Uniform
    • Pilot Suit
    • Officer Uniform
  • Vests
    • BLUFOR Heavy Vest / GL Carrier
    • BULFOR Plate Carrier
    • Press Vest
    • Tactical Vest
    • INDEP Plate Carrier
  • Weapons
    • MX Family
    • Titan
    • TRG-20/21
    • MK20
    • MK18 ABR 7.62mm
    • Mk-I EMR 7.62mm
    • Navid 9.3mm

Download
Google Drive

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5

Very generous of you.....I like very much. Thanks. 

Nice one Pete!

I keep meaning to have a go at a custom texture for a unit. .. will have to try now...

Hi, 

I remember when I started ... 
Always on the search for appropriate assistance ...

Now one can find them and a benefits for all beginners - Thanks to you.

Greetings

McLupo

• Like 1

Hi, 

I remember when I started ... 

Always on the search for appropriate assistance ...

Now one can find them and a benefits for all beginners - Thanks to you.

Greetings

McLupo

:cryy: I need to hold back the tears. :D

• Like 1

Nice one Pete!

I keep meaning to have a go at a custom texture for a unit. .. will have to try now...

Hi cosmic,

give it a go and you´ll never stop it...

It's a work where you can see the result immediately.  :)

Good luck and have fun!

:cryy: I need to hold back the tears. :D

Hi Pete,

that is what I had hoped to achieve.  :D

No, seriously, that will be very helpful and as a beginner, one is grateful for every snippet of advice/help. 

Greetings

McLupo

Thanks alot for the textures!
though do you think you could do some of the backpacks?

Which ones? I believe I have some for most of them.

Updated most of the clothes. They're much more plastic now due to the new fabric effect and the dirt patterns received an overhaul. Also added more detail, exchangeable boot colours for example. And I've also uploaded four backpacks.

2015-11-19_00010wruke.jpg

2015-11-19_00011j1u8j.jpg

2015-11-19_0000983utv.jpg

• Like 2

Added a shit ton of new vehicle templates:

List of Uploaded Templates

• Air
    • BLUFOR
      • Blackfoot
      • Hummingbird / Pawnee
      • Ghosthawk
      • Huron
  • INDEP
    • Hellcat
    • Mohawk
    • Buzzard
  • Armour
    • BLUFOR
      • Cheetah / Panther
      • Marshall
      • Slammer
      • Scorcher
      • Sandstorm
  • INDEP
    • Mora
    • Kuma
    • Gorgon
  • Autonomous
    • Darter
    • Greyhawk
    • Stomper
  • Backpacks
    • Carryall
    • Assault Pack
    • Kitbag
    • Fieldpack
  • Camos
    • A few...
  • Cars
    • BLUFOR
      • Hunter
      • HEMTT
  • Civ
    • Offroad
    • Quadbike
  • INDEP
    • Strider
  • Flags
    • Flag
  • Headgear
    • Booniehat
    • Military Cap
    • Light Combat Helmet / Combat Helmet / Enhanced Combat Helmet
    • Modular Helmet
  • Ships
    • Speed Boat HMG/GMG
  • Uniforms
    • BLUFOR
      • Combat Fatigues / Recon Fatigues
  • Civ
    • Coveralls
  • INDEP
    • Combat Uniform
    • T-Shirt
    • Dark Shirt + Pants
    • Pullover + Pants
    • Officer Uniform
  • OPFOR
    • Combat Uniform
    • Pilot Suit
    • Officer Uniform
  • Vests
    • BLUFOR Heavy Vest / GL Carrier
    • BULFOR Plate Carrier
    • Press Vest
    • Tactical Vest
    • INDEP Plate Carrier
  • Weapons
    • MX Family
    • Titan
    • TRG-20/21
    • MK20
Download

Google Drive (several GBs in total, files can be downloaded separately)

• Like 3

wow, big hearty thanks for releasing this, this is a majorly useful asset to the modding community, i doff my cap at thee sir!

there are many good templates out there already but its cool to have a good, complete set all in one place

Stumbled across your post nice job man keep up the good work. can you also post the config files to make the textures into a full .pbo file it would be a big help to people starting out with re textures thanks.

Thanks, but I said in the first post that I will provide specific config examples as needed and not by default.

• Like 1

K how about the configs for Nato, Opfor, Ind Uinforms, vests, helmets also the carry all pack and the Mx rifles. I have some re textured units I have done in the past but would like to see the config structure and get my head around it a bit more thanks.

Yeah thanks for the link. Just to have a full working re textured unit config to reference and see how it all looks together with a re textured weapon, pack, vest, Etc would be great can you maybe post one from your units? Thanks

How would one go about replacing the default green texture on the Ghosthawk so that when you spawn the Ghosthawk(Camo) variant in game, it's whatever texture you created instead of the stock green?  Is that even possible?  Also thanks a ton for the templates, man.

Yeah thanks for the link. Just to have a full working re textured unit config to reference and see how it all looks together with a re textured weapon, pack, vest, Etc would be great can you maybe post one from your units? Thanks

It looks exactly as in Locklear's guide...

class B_recon_TL_F;

class IP_B_arecon_SL_EFAltis_F: B_recon_TL_F 
{
	displayName = "Assault Squad Leader";
	faction = "IP_EUROFORCE";
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\IP_EUROFORCE\men\txt\clothing1_Crystal_Altis_Wolf_co.paa"};
	linkedItems[] = {"IP_V_PlateCarrier2_AltisEFWolf","IP_H_HelmetSpecB_Altis","ItemGPS","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","NVGoggles"};
	magazines[] = {"30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer","11Rnd_45ACP_Mag","11Rnd_45ACP_Mag","11Rnd_45ACP_Mag","HandGrenade","HandGrenade","MiniGrenade","MiniGrenade","B_IR_Grenade","SmokeShell","SmokeShellGreen","SmokeShellBlue","SmokeShellOrange","Chemlight_green","Chemlight_green"};
	model = "\A3\characters_F\BLUFOR\b_soldier_03.p3d";
	respawnLinkedItems[] = {"IP_V_PlateCarrier2_AltisEFWolf","IP_H_HelmetSpecB_Altis","ItemGPS","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","NVGoggles"};
	respawnMagazines[] = {"30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer","11Rnd_45ACP_Mag","11Rnd_45ACP_Mag","11Rnd_45ACP_Mag","HandGrenade","HandGrenade","MiniGrenade","MiniGrenade","B_IR_Grenade","SmokeShell","SmokeShellGreen","SmokeShellBlue","SmokeShellOrange","Chemlight_green","Chemlight_green"};
	respawnWeapons[] = {"IP_arifle_MX_Altis_TWS_pointer_snds_F","IP_hgun_Pistol_heavy_01_MRD_snds_F","Throw","Put","Rangefinder"};
	uniformClass = "IP_U_B_CombatUniform_Crystal_Altis_Wolf_vest";
	vehicleClass = "IP_Wolf_EFAltis";
	weapons[] = {"IP_arifle_MX_Altis_TWS_pointer_snds_F","IP_hgun_Pistol_heavy_01_MRD_snds_F","Throw","Put","Rangefinder"};

class EventHandlers
	{
		init = "(_this select 0) spawn IP_fnc_setEFRankInsignia";
	};
};

How would one go about replacing the default green texture on the Ghosthawk so that when you spawn the Ghosthawk(Camo) variant in game, it's whatever texture you created instead of the stock green?  Is that even possible?  Also thanks a ton for the templates, man.

By overriding the original config entry which would result in a replacement config. Or, if you just want to have it in a particular mission, by scripting.

• Like 1

Hey Pete I have gotten uniforms, equipment, vests, to work with re textures but the weapon config part I need a bit of help with can you please give me a working config example for the weapons thanks.

class arifle_MX_F;

class IP_arifle_MX_sand_F: arifle_MX_F

{

baseWeapon = "IP_arifle_MX_sand_F";

displayName = "MX 6.5 mm (EF, Sand)";

hiddenSelections[] = {"camo1","camo2"};

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\IP_EUROFORCE\weapons\txt\xmx_base_sand_co.paa","\IP_EUROFORCE\weapons\txt\xmx_short_sand_co.paa"};

picture = "\IP_EUROFORCE\weapons\img\gear_mx_rifle_x_Sand_ca.paa";

scopeCurator = 2;

};

• Like 1

Hey Pete was wondering if you know step by step how to create the height map layer in some of your templates? I am using Photoshop but should be about the same as Gimp I just am not sure how to make that layer so that I can use it over other color layers Etc to still show the detail of the uniform or whatever on other self made templates. Thanks

By overriding the original config entry which would result in a replacement config. Or, if you just want to have it in a particular mission, by scripting.

So essentially when I'm setting up the config for the new PBO, refer the new texture to the old classname?  I.e. in the case of the camo Ghosthawk have something like this:

class Heli_Transport_01_base_F;

class B_Heli_Transport_01_camo_F: Heli_Transport_01_base_F

{

_generalMacro = "B_Heli_Transport_01_F";

scope = 2;

side = 1;

faction = "BLU_F"; //Change to your faction

displayName="UH-80 Ghosthawk (Black Camo)";

crew = "B_Helipilot_F"; 

hiddenSelections[]= {"camo1","camo2"};

hiddenSelectionsTextures[]= {"P:\UH80\Data\heli_transport_01_ext01_co.paa","P:\UH80\Data\heli_transport_01_ext02_co.paa"};

typicalCargo[] = {"B_Helipilot_F"};

availableForSupportTypes[] = {"Drop","Transport"};

};

Or am I missing something?