memphisbelle

X-cam Tutorial Videos Jumplink Collection

Hey guys,

Since the X-Cam Tutorial Videos were available and the XCam itself has been released by Silola, I wondered wether it would been possible to create a sort of jumplink Collection. So to speak a Collection were all the features that are explained extensively by Silola, are available individually just by clicking on the respective link. So I went through all of these Videos one by one and tried to gather the most apropriate spots for each single feature. Well, this became an impressive list, but it was everythings else but quite well readable. So I started to create a webside to represent all of those links.

As I am not that much a webdesigner I´ve just used simple html and CSS to rebuild the style from Silola´s X-Cam editor page. It worked out...OK I´d say...it is fullfilling its purpose and this is what its all about, isn´t it?

Silola has already added this page to his webside and is already usable.

I have put together a small explanation on the webside so I wont tell too much here, may be you want to see for your self :)

Oh..I forgot. As the X-Cam underlies an ongoing development process which will turn out in the one and other update here and there, so I´ll keep this page up to date each time Silola is releasing a new update.

X-cam Tutorial Jumplink Collection

I hope that it will help us all to create more interesting and exiting maps and missions.

regards

MemphisBelle

• Like 6

Very handy for xCam users, +1 for taking the time to do this

Thanks alot Memphisbelle, this will definitely come in handy.

That's great, Memphisbelle, thanks! I always wanted this. :D

you´re welcome :)

I also plan to further support the website with regular updates. The very update took place today, it´s a small one. I have created the new Subcategory "Replace functions" within the Object manipulation Category, so these features can now be found more easily.

Further updates are planed as well and will then be represented in Changelogs so that one can see what´s new and what has been added (in case of Silola is releasing X-Cam updates).

• Like 1

I finished now to grab all the links from the new Videos. I now have to integrate them into the website. I hope to finish this until tomorrow.

Silola has surprisingly released a quick update patch for the 1.2 X-cam update which has the Version Number 1.21. The content of this page has been added to the Category page. I´ll also have added it to the changelog.

X-cam Tutorial Jumplink Collection

As everyone could see, so the X-cam website went down. As it is uncertain whether Silola will ever take his hands back on the tool or whether the website will come back online at all, so I decided to also turn my website to some place of alternative home for the X-Cam. I got permissions from Silola to host X-cam in the latest Version on my website. Thus the Website will respectively be edited within the next days so that the tool can then be downloaded from there as well.

What I cant do is to provide any support for the X-cam. I know that there might occure the one or other errormessage especially after the latest patch and the thus big changes that occurt in the Game Engine which will definately take their effect in the X-Cam as well. What we  then can do only is to hope that the one or other Member of the community has a solution for the one or other issue.

I´m trying to gather all these Information and provide the references (Links to certain topics) on my website to also have some place of knowledgement, but thats just in case.

• Like 3

The X-Cam Jumplink Collection was updated and uploaded today. All the new features are explained on the website themselfs so I wont post them here again. Have fun using it and always be creative while working with X-Cam.

hint: It might be that the website will appear strangly, that is due to the Browsers chronik where the old css is stored. Just clear the Browser´s chache to make  the new css design become effective.

• Like 3

I´ve added a new jumplink to the Collection. It´s about adding new Object Classes to the Library. It was mentioned already within the "first use of Library Tutorial" but wasn´t available seperately, until today. If you want to learn more, just follow this link

• Like 1