Sign in to follow this  
misakagong

Weapon Mod Making Tutorial [Basic]

Hi everyone! :D  I am planning that to make a series of video to explain the basic of modding of ARMA3.

In fact when I was learning to make mod, there is really limited info whatever on WIKI or Youtube. So I decide to make a whole series of videos base on my own knowledge to explain the mod making. 

Here comes my first tutorial for  [ Introduction to Oxygen 2 & Import ] part.   :rolleyes:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNPxsj19RBk

In the future, I will try to cut the all mod making steps into apart so that you guys can easier to understand. 

Future Plans & Contents (This content maybe change in the future :blink: )

1. Introduction to Oxygen 2 & Import

2. Scaling weapon size/position (In Oxygen 2) & Texturing model (Only *_CO texture)

3. Making advance texture (In Photoshop & *_smdi, *_as and *_nohq texture)

4. Making shadow model, physical model and memory point of weapon (In Oxygen 2)

5. config.cpp (In Notepad ++)

6. model.cfg (In Notepad ++) 

And we are done! :D 

Hoping that more people can enjoy a totally different ARMA3, not only spend the whole day to kill people in SANDBOX but also enjoy making your own weapon mods for ARMA3  :lol: .

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNPxsj19RBk

Nice, thanks! Btw you could use a really good picture thumbnail.

Btw will you go over configuring Object builder?(first time launching it)

Oh one thing about Atsche video (how to set up object builder)

In first video you download arma3P drive RAR file which is not listed among mikero tools on https://dev.withsix.com/projects/mikero-pbodll/files.
Instead of that there are 2 exe files.So when I install that instead, mount P drive and run arma 3 P from mikero tools it tells me to
install deOGG.You might need to update video tags for this.

Yes it works!

Steps I taken:

Install arma 3 tools
Install from Mikero DOS tools
adwadawdawa_zpsf9ede914.jpg
Run arma 3 tools and choose P drive (dev P)
then selected perform clean install and after that map P drive
And then I launched arma3P1.12...installer
Configured all the paths
External viewer: P:\buldozer.exe -window -buldozer -noland
Path for textures: P:\
Exit object builder
Launch from root directory (as admin)
Create box, click on grey box icon, and X looking icon.
Then red box icon and launch

wwewewewe_zpsde5053dd.jpg
Ta-da!

Did you know that you can go in steam library select tools and select arma 3 tools
that gives you whole package?

Will you go over P drive?What about Mikero tools?

Is this older tutorial as I see you are saying Oxygen instead of Object builder?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNPxsj19RBk

Nice, thanks! Btw you could use a really good picture thumbnail.

Btw will you go over configuring Object builder?(first time launching it)

Did you know that you can go in steam library select tools and select arma 3 tools

that gives you whole package?

Will you go over P drive?What about Mikero tools?

Is this older tutorial as I see you are saying Oxygen instead of Object builder?

You got a lot questions here hh.  :wacko: I will try to set a new picture thembnail for this series.

And I don't think I need to talk about the Object builder (But I will talk about Addonbuilder - setting and packing something like that).

I know I can select arma3 tools and it will give me the hole package if you pay attention to my video maybe you are able to see that I had a P drive  ^_^

And I am not sure what do you mean by go over P drive. Because these series of videos, I just want to make it more likely to the basic. 

I don't know if there are new functions in the object builder. But I decide to finish this tutorial in Oxygen 2. (I will try to use that)

You got a lot questions here hh.  :wacko: I will try to set a new picture thembnail for this series.

And I don't think I need to talk about the Object builder (But I will talk about Addonbuilder - setting and packing something like that).

I know I can select arma3 tools and it will give me the hole package if you pay attention to my video maybe you are able to see that I had a P drive  ^_^

I see why I was confused:

Description:

Oxygen 2 is a model editing tool made by BIStudio's. Oxygen 2 is the successor to Oxygen Light. Note that Oxygen 2 has been replaced by Object Builder for Arma 3.