Mirek

Protections against Admin tools and cheaty addons?

Hi,

I make missions, and Host them for my clan. Recently I started to suspect that one of my clanmates uses some Mods that gives him unvanted advantage in game. I suspect him of Using LEA mod, and Some kind of remote admin tool. Is there any way for mission maker to alow only certain mods to be used in the mission?

Iam somewhat familiar with init.sqf, Description.ext and some basic sqf coding so dont worry about suggesting something that would require using those.

Or just point me to nearest tutorial. :-)

I make missions, and Host them for my clan

When you host your missions, you can prevent people connecting with AddOns/Mods you are not using yourself. That is a server, not a mission setting: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

Just switch "equalmodrequired" on.

But when you only playing with your squadmates I would rather suggest talking to the people and asking them for not starting A3 with mods you don't want to be used in YOUR missions.

Hi thanks, 

I dont use dedicated server, i just host on the same computer i play on, so i dont have any server.cfg can i set it somehowt in the mission?

Also its Arma 2 CO not Arma 3, in case, there is any difference.

Hi thanks, 

I dont use dedicated server, i just host on the same computer i play on, so i dont have any server.cfg can i set it somehowt in the mission?

Also its Arma 2 CO not Arma 3, in case, there is any difference.

No difference. Just start a dedicated server on your computer in the background. Use -server and -config=server.cfg as start params.

Oh didnt know i can run server and game on the same machine. Wouldnt it take more resources than simply host and play on the same instance?

Oh didnt know i can run server and game on the same machine. Wouldnt it take more resources than simply host and play on the same instance?

No really. Also most of 3rd party missions were build with Dedicated Servers in mind and you can use all of the server switches and configs.

YOu simply connect over LAN while your squadmates connect as always.

Thanks Man!!  :)

Hmm i tried to run that dedicated server but i ran into few major issues. One of them being i myself em not able to find my own server in serverbrowser. I would be thankfull for any ideas.

Another is with the startup parameteres. My looks like that: 

"D:\games\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2303 -name=default -config=BL_Server\server.cfg -cfg=defaultArma2.cfg -profiles=default -mod=ACR;@CBA_CO;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy;@jsrs;@jsrs_ace;@tfar_co_a2;

Problem is, i want to add few more mods to that line, but windows dont alow it it seems to me that there is some kind of restriction on how many characters one can use. How can i circumvent this restriction? i need more mods. Also will it use mods i have in Arrowhead folder, or should i make copies of mods also for the server?

Also BIS and moders alike are fond of creating tutorials that are absolutely non understandable for me. But frm what little i have been able to understand i created folowing cerver cfg.

my server.cfg:

// password = "";  // password to protect server access (this i understand)
passwordAdmin = "**********"; // password to protect admin access (ok i understand)
hostname="Black Lion and JÅ U test server";  // This is the server name that will appear in gamespy (well there is no more gamespy, but i get it)

motd[]=
{
	"Welcome ",
        "This is a test phase for server of Arma 2 Clans Black Lion and JÅ U",

}; // Welcome message

motdInterval=50;  // period between motd rotation (what the hell is motd?)

voteThreshold=1.5;  //(not even explained)
maxPlayers=30;
reportingIP="arma2.master.gamespy.com";
voteMissionPlayers=1; // start voting when 1 players connect (why cant rest of the hints be easy to understand like this?)
logfile = "MyServer.log"; 

class Missions
{
};

kickduplicate=1; // do not allow duplicate id (of what?)
equalModRequired=0; // require equal mod (like people with different modset than what i have in startup parameters wont be able to join?)
disableVoN=1;     
vonCodecQuality=7;
VonID=1;

timeStampFormat=full;

NetStats=1;
DeathMessages=1;
persistent=0;
BattlEye=0;
regularcheck="{}";

verifySignatures=1;

language="English";
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=8021.000000;
Resolution_W=160;
Resolution_H=120;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
viewDistance=10000;
terrainGrid=10.000000;
MinBandwidth = 15000000;
MaxBandwidth = 100000000;
MaxMsgSend = 1024;
MaxSizeGuaranteed = 1024;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed = 64;
MinErrorToSend = 0.0025;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;

//-----------BIS Suggestions------------

//MinBandwidth = 320000;
//* Bandwidth the server is guaranteed to have (in bps). This value helps server to estimate bandwidth available. Increasing it to too optimistic values can increase lag and CPU load, as too many messages will be sent but discarded. Default: 131072 (absolute giberish)

//MaxBandwidth = 10000000000;
//*Bandwidth the server is guaranteed to never have. This value helps the server to estimate bandwidth available.(no idea what that means)

//MaxMsgSend = 256;
//* Maximum number of messages that can be sent in one simulation cycle. Increasing this value can decrease lag on high upload bandwidth servers. Default: 128 (messages? like in sidechat?)

//MaxSizeGuaranteed = 1024;
//*Maximum size of guaranteed packet in bytes (without headers). Small messages are packed to larger frames. Guaranteed messages are used for non-repetitive events like shooting. Default: 512 (whaaaaat?)

//MaxSizeNonguaranteed = 64;
//*Maximum size of non-guaranteed packet in bytes (without headers). Non-guaranteed messages are used for repetitive updates like soldier or vehicle position. Increasing this value may improve bandwidth requirement, but it may increase lag. Default: 256 (holy crap what language is this?)

//MinErrorToSend = 0.005;
//*Minimal error to send updates across network. Using a smaller value can make units observed by binoculars or sniper rifle to move smoother. Default: 0.01 (i think i might understand that, but not sure)

//MaxCustomFileSize = 0;
//*Users with custom face or custom sound larger than this size are kicked when trying to connect. (Yay! i understand this :-D )

I would be thankfull for any ideas.

As for the character limit, you can use a batch file for launching ArmA, which is very helpful for formating and easily editing the launch parameters. You can also set up multiple batch files for execution just like shortcuts and also set affinity and runtime priorities for tasks.

For protection against unwanted mods, if you are aware of what mods they use, you can create a script to detect these addons and fail the mission for the player so they will greeted with the lobby continously until they relog without the mod activated. I use this for loki and others. The other thing you can do is disable the use of the addon by stating conflicting and addon-wrecking defines in your missions. You can define the dialog of mcc, lea, and loki as essentially nothing if you want to destroy the capability for players to use these addons. All of these actions are simply more efficient to run than the process of checking authorized addons, and allows for players to run their own addons that are not abusive (such as instant view distance or blastcore) without having the server admin defining these manually. Of course, if there is a player who repeatably works around this why not ban them or yell abusive statements about their mother...

As for the character limit, you can use a batch file for launching ArmA, which is very helpful for formating and easily editing the launch parameters. You can also set up multiple batch files for execution just like shortcuts and also set affinity and runtime priorities for tasks.

For protection against unwanted mods, if you are aware of what mods they use, you can create a script to detect these addons and fail the mission for the player so they will greeted with the lobby continously until they relog without the mod activated. I use this for loki and others. The other thing you can do is disable the use of the addon by stating conflicting and addon-wrecking defines in your missions. You can define the dialog of mcc, lea, and loki as essentially nothing if you want to destroy the capability for players to use these addons. All of these actions are simply more efficient to run than the process of checking authorized addons, and allows for players to run their own addons that are not abusive (such as instant view distance or blastcore) without having the server admin defining these manually. Of course, if there is a player who repeatably works around this why not ban them or yell abusive statements about their mother...

OK How i do that? I want to prevent LEA and LOKI  I dont know if i should also block MCC, I dont use it it is not in my missions, and some of our players claim they need to run it becouse it helps them get better FPS.

If anything is decreases their FPS. There are no usable functions in MCC that allow for people to have better FPS that aren't in Instant View Distance.

I will PM details how to use this script.

• Like 1

Thank you.