spookygnu

[Terrain] Mach Loop

No you fucking can't! Get it off play with six!

What the fuck is this! Xyla releasing my mod????? 

3 minutes ago, spookygnu said:

What the fuck is this! Xyla releasing my mod????? 

I would suggest speaking to playwithsix

I've sent kecharles a pm. This is the third time I've told them about my mods. I don't want them anywhere else except armoholic.

not only that but to be that bold and state it under someone else's name is an absolute cheek in the original authors thread (mine). WTF!

Due to a complete disregard of my content and my IP, I have decided to never release another mod to the wider community. I am only going to release my work to very close friends and that is that. I will think long and hard about my work with RSO I may even stop that altogether. I am sick to death of the fucking absolute fuck tards that think that Stealing content and releasing it under their own name is the done thing to do. 

I tried to contact xyla and talk to him about the workshop release he has managed to achieve. He chose to ban me from his TS before even being a decent person and talking about it. He blatantly has taken a complete disregard for my work and because of this NO ONE is going to see Machloop 2, Benghazi, Belize, Hawk t1, or anything else I decide to make for the game. My modding is now in house only not for distribution at all. 

Say what you will guys, but Xyla has forced me to make this decision and I pity the rest of you who were looking forward to seeing Machloop 2 which I was going to release next week funnily enough. Only need a few more shapefiles filling in with trees.  

All I can say is Sorry! 

and

blame Xyla!

You are aware you can just file a DMCA on Steam right? Usually take about an hour max. before it is taken down.

A DMCA is basicly asking steam to remove the file from Steam if someone without permissions uploaded it.

Done that. After getting through to Xyla. He has taken it down.

Eulas are in place for a reason and authors do their best to control their content. If people take an absolute disregard to the Eula on the mod or addon why should modders put up with it?

ive seen it happen time and time again to other people, now I have succumb to it. I won't stand for it. I'm not letting anyone get away with doing shit like that with my hard work. 

Now everyone suffers because someone thought they would override an authors decision to redistribute there content. There is no grey area with me. 

• Like 3

I understand your frustration, but this is not the way to deal with it. You cannot post content from private messages, and this is not the place to discuss moderation activities.