spookygnu

[Terrain] Mach Loop

Some people say that some files are missing ,I for one can`t get it to work.Do I just put the one file .pbo into Arma ,with no @,no addons file to it?

Add it like you would add any other addon. @Machloop/Addons/machloop.pbo Then just open it in the editor when choosing the map.

I am also getting the error. Missing "Charion"? Still able to load the map in editor and fly around the loop.

Think i know what it might be now. Just had a lightbulb moment. I'll take a look tomorrow and see if i am right. Pretty sure the scripts folder associated with roads in my pdrive still says charion.

edit:

I was wrong. I hadn't deleted my temp folder in pdrive when I packed it and it had a texture from that map in there. One of those minor details you need to do as part of the process.

Wrong again. Still working on it. But hopefully closer.

I have fixed the charion error, Nobody should get that now. I have started working on the concrete areas around the buildings and so far they look pretty good. Got them in game and very sweet looking around the buildings. Feels like a mini town. Some proper areas for the larger groups about. 

The way I am heading looks like I might end up putting the full map together with objects. I think it would be an oppurtunity not to miss. So for the future. I may be releasing updates with zones "persay" hopefully completed, so not only the flyboys, but boots on the ground can enjoy the map too.

Still a lot of work to be done if that is the case so don't be asking "when is it ready?" or "when is the next update planned?" or words to that effect. I'll get pretty pissed and might give up on it. Take note!

This is a big map, I've spent the past year learning how to build terrains and this is my first release. Be patient with it. I want it to look as close to real as possible and I would hate for people to nagg at me only to have the reverse effect. Seen it all and read it all. Be warned.  

Thanks to all the those that have already downloaded it, hope you are enjoying it. I'm actually enjoying building it. especially the way the airfield looks at moment. 

Stay tuned!

Spook.

• Like 1

Sorry for the late reply ss9, my father passed away 3 days before your post. I've been out of Arma and terrain making for the past month.

I have fixed the charion error and that will be in the next update. For now people will have to live with it. I am also redoing the lighting configuration on the airfield due to me using the wrong coloured lighting for the taxiway. At the moment I have built up the buildings using a3 objects and mapped out the road network. In the next update I do have the road on the map that follows the aircraft route so it's not to hard to lose your way. I just haven't sorted out the terrain underneath. Don't mention terrain processor. It's a pile of sheep @#$& atm. The next update will have various tree areas too. So it shouldn't look to plain as you fly around.

Regarding the Ivory stuff, please read post 17 by me about those. But I do know they work.

Thanks for downloading and enjoying my creation of a RL location.

Spook.

Anyone figure out a Time Trial mission? lol

Now that would be a good idea!

So after a few months off and my pc deciding to die on me, i lose my source files for the first release of the loop. I have now begun work on version 2.

Version 2 will blow your mind. It blows mine at how very accurate this map is compared to the first. V1 was 20x20, V2 is now 30x30km and is 1:1 in scale.

RAF Valley is back too, but the locale of valley is now south East on the map. I am again in the process of getting it ready to push out to give you all a taster. At the moment there are no custom textures so you will not receive the dreaded charion error.

I WILL BE making this complete with ground troop functionality. All the objects will be there that are needed. Basically it will be more than a flying map.

As V2 is so much bigger, i plan to update the ground features per quarter satelite tile. Which is 15360x15360. As you can imagine if cherno is 13x13, thats alot of map to cover and be able to play on at the same time.

The first alpha release should be within the next week or so, potentialy with forested areas and some rocks on areas around the loop circuit. If things work out i will try and get most of the forest areas done.

Watch this space.

• Like 3

So after a few months off and my pc deciding to die on me, i lose my source files for the first release of the loop. I have now begun work on version 2.

Version 2 will blow your mind. It blows mine at how very accurate this map is compared to the first. V1 was 20x20, V2 is now 30x30km and is 1:1 in scale.

RAF Valley is back too, but the locale of valley is now south East on the map. I am again in the process of getting it ready to push out to give you all a taster. At the moment there are no custom textures so you will not receive the dreaded charion error.

I WILL BE making this complete with ground troop functionality. All the objects will be there that are needed. Basically it will be more than a flying map.

As V2 is so much bigger, i plan to update the ground features per quarter satelite tile. Which is 15360x15360. As you can imagine if cherno is 13x13, thats alot of map to cover and be able to play on at the same time.

The first alpha release should be within the next week or so, potentialy with forested areas and some rocks on areas around the loop circuit. If things work out i will try and get most of the forest areas done.

Watch this space.

I'll be patiently waiting :) 

Hi all, 

sorry for not abiding by my statement and thanks for your patience. The map is still in progress, had a little faulter last week with the new update and it messing with the tools, but rest assured it is still waiting to come out. 

this past week though I have been busy utilising my time off work with this:

05242487530A61B1452EEB2947F19022E74FBC8B

• Like 3

Think this should wet your appetite a little.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

2AA019F6BF932D462E3C555EF4202F7F872E5851

• Like 1

Nice work looking forward to trying it out :D

i think you just asked one of the questions that should not be asked on any thread! Please don't ask again.

But as I have not done anything about this map in terms of releasing it, or telling anyone what is going on i feel I should explain one or two things.

BI have constantly messed about with updates and given us all kinds of news on the Apex update bollocks, every time an update occurs my tools get fucked. that puts me back considerably. Like right now, I'm not able to do anything to any of my projects.

I have managed to place a good amount of trees on the V2 map so least some of that is out of the way. the auto land config is in so you can watch yourself land properly if ya shit at it ya self. I have had to take out the jbad stuff because i was having some issues with it and i was not planning on using CUP for anything on this map. I have taken a turn around on the ground objects now. ONLY due to the fact that this map would make a great candidate for a life modder to get their hands on and extort money from it. SO NO! that ain't happening anymore.

When I get the Hawk in game and tested to a point of release this map will become available.

• Like 1

Please don't ask for updates, as getting hit in the mouth often offends.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phantom Hawk said:

Is this dead or still going?

It is against the forum rules to ask for any kind of update.

• Like 1