Sign in to follow this  
rejenorst

hide player marker on briefing

Is there a simple way to hide the player marker on briefing at start? Note I dont want to hide it after the briefing.

Put the following at the end of your init.sqf and see if that works.

{
_x setMarkerAlpha 0;
} forEach allMapMarkers;

waitUntil{sleep 1; (time>1)}

{
_x setMarkerAlpha 1;
} forEach allMapMarkers;

Ah that command might do it. Might try this so that my user defined markers remain for the briefing. Not sure if it will work but will try it tomorrow. Thanks :D

if (not ("_USER_DEFINED #" in allMapMarkers)) then_x setMarkerAlpha 0 };

Or:  set the size of the marker to zero and that makes it invisible.  Afterwards set it back to its normal size.

Well I tried playing around with it with mixed results. In the editor it worked and removed only the unit markers and left my user defined map markers alone. Exporting the mission however;

Player marker remained on briefing but once in the mission all my markers where gone and infantry/player markers remained. So basically the opposite. Was really weird.

I used this:

{if (_x find "_USER_DEFINED #" < 0) then {_x setMarkerAlpha 1};} forEach allMapMarkers;

With the change marker size suggestion I am not sure if default marker sizes are all the same.

It does not matter what size it starts at.  You can always set it to zero.

Yeah thats true but I want to re-enable the markers later after mission start. Just for the briefing screen I would like to hide where I've placed the player as he will be setpos'd into a boat out in the ocean later.

So, place a trigger on the map. As the mission starts the soldier fires the trigger - and the marker is set back to it's normal size.

From the player's point of view - there is no marker visible in the briefing but it is visible when the mission starts.

Was testing allmarkers but the infantry marker for player doesn't seem to show up in array: hint str(allMapMarkers).

By that I mean the automatically generated inf dot.