eurogeneral

[WIP] Special Operations Craft Riverine - SOC-R

Special Operations Craft - Riverine

SOC-R

http://imgur.com/a/ifzXC

This is my Special Operations Craft - Riverine, wich im currently working on. This is my first mod, so tipps and critic is higly appreciated.

Planned features:

• 1 Driver, 1 Commander, 5 Gunner and some cargo slots
  • FLIR and smoke-screen for the commander
  • Weapons: GAU-17, dual M240, Cal. 50
  • Like 12

So beyond armament and smoke how would it differ substantively from the existing speedboat? FFV for all passengers? All four described weapons mounted at once?

May I be so bold as to request a kayak too?  With FFV too,please .This looks fabulous !  Just make sure they got a "quick-stop" feature and got a fast top speed ,they are know as River raiders,hit and disappear boats.Don`t forget the cammo-nets .

They are actually useful.Good luck with it!  Looks  Great!  

So beyond armament and smoke how would it differ substantively from the existing speedboat? FFV for all passengers? All four described weapons mounted at once?

Mostly its just a real-world speedboat, since the soc-r is really used form u.s forces, especially the Special Boat Team 22, which is a special team for insertion and extraction of other special forces like the Navy Seal's. Other than that it is going to have a standalone thermal (SeaFLIR III in the real world) and the major difference between it and the vanilla speedboat are the 5 simultaneously mounted weapons, the real one has various weapon layouts. Maybe its possible to change the weapons set in arma too. FFV would be a nice feature but i dont know if i could do that, maybe long-term.

For reference, this is a real soc-r:

soc-r-sbt22-hr.jpg

May I be so bold as to request a kayak too?  With FFV too,please .This looks fabulous !  Just make sure they got a "quick-stop" feature and got a fast top speed ,they are know as River raiders,hit and disappear boats.Don`t forget the cammo-nets .

They are actually useful.Good luck with it!  Looks  Great!  

Never thought of a kayak..... could be cool smal mod (gets on my list). Acceleration is the key of soc-r's so i will try to implement it as best as possible, top speed is going to be 74 km/h wich should be the real value. Cammo-nets not first, but if i can do some sort off layout changer camo-nets would be in.

• Like 4

Firepower and slingload capability. Without either of those they wouldnt be in service. I guess i can put mine on hold and watch your development ;)

Firepower and slingload capability. Without either of those they wouldnt be in service. I guess i can put mine on hold and watch your development ;)

No need to put yours on hold!Variety is what makes Arma great-i have about 20 different M4A1's from different packs,but they are all awesome.

• Like 3

Looks really good!!
Keep in mind though that this boat was designed to fit in a C-130, so dont make it too big.

• Like 1

No need to stop your's, but you could also help me out when i get stuck, since youre a more experienced modder than me  :D

Looks really good!!

Keep in mind though that this boat was designed to fit in a C-130, so dont make it too big.

Thanks.

Im moddeling it with the real dimensions, so i think it sould be fine. We will see when i put it in engine and stuff it in the back of a C-130. If necessary i can scale it a bit down.

• Like 1

I always try to help when i can. Only a PM away :)

Scale wise you should be fine using real world dimensions

• Like 1

AFAIK British and French commandos still use kayaks made by Klepper:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folding_kayak

They'd offer an unique contribution to Arma's meagre range of watercraft.

Moreover their low-tech means they could feasibly feature in contemporary, recent (50-80s) and even WW2 scenarios.

Maybe ,a script that makes a boat/canoe home in on the player position when dropped from a C-130 can be added? Maybe some sort of way to "carry"it in a Carryall Backpack by folding it like a Raven UAV....or making it disappear/re-appear when needed.  Maybe tie a line to it to make it follow each team-member down (sync- it to them.)

If one could use Ir-strobe,attach chem-light to it ,very useful....

If possible,make a small,electric motor that could be attached to it ,so all you had to do ,is to steer it from time to time...maybe,adjustable speed very slow----to very fast+some noise from water,just to be able to hear it,if in a PvP scenario.

Just my 2 cent...keep up the good work!

Mostly its just a real-world speedboat, since the soc-r is really used form u.s forces, especially the Special Boat Team 22, which is a special team for insertion and extraction of other special forces like the Navy Seal's. Other than that it is going to have a standalone thermal (SeaFLIR III in the real world) and the major difference between it and the vanilla speedboat are the 5 simultaneously mounted weapons, the real one has various weapon layouts. Maybe its possible to change the weapons set in arma too. FFV would be a nice feature but i dont know if i could do that, maybe long-term.

For reference, this is a real soc-r:

soc-r-sbt22-hr.jpg

Never thought of a kayak..... could be cool smal mod (gets on my list). Acceleration is the key of soc-r's so i will try to implement it as best as possible, top speed is going to be 74 km/h wich should be the real value. Cammo-nets not first, but if i can do some sort off layout changer camo-nets would be in.

If you could up-date/use "Cammo-nets"-by HCPookie form A2,you have cut the workload some .Someone made a cammo-changer for tanks,too. ;)  :P   Add in Smoke Lunchers,too?  Bullet-proof "skirts" (pop-up)to the sides. 

All we need now ,is a fishing-rod to go with it....

Before I forget it;Some others had trouble to get people to survive ejecting at speed,may wanna`make the little green men get tossed out at some distance from the boat....

Looks really good, and with all the water in Altis, and the new terrain coming out next year, it could be very useful.

Any chance you would consider doing a RHIB at some point?

R6oLP30.jpg

something went wrong with the scale.... lol. but got it in engine. so, making progress.

Maybe ,a script that makes a boat/canoe home in on the player position when dropped from a C-130 can be added? Maybe some sort of way to "carry"it in a Carryall Backpack by folding it like a Raven UAV....or making it disappear/re-appear when needed.  Maybe tie a line to it to make it follow each team-member down (sync- it to them.)

If one could use Ir-strobe,attach chem-light to it ,very useful....

If possible,make a small,electric motor that could be attached to it ,so all you had to do ,is to steer it from time to time...maybe,adjustable speed very slow----to very fast+some noise from water,just to be able to hear it,if in a PvP scenario.

Just my 2 cent...keep up the good work!

Looks like you spend some time, thinking of kayaks in arma. We need a own thread of all those ideas  :D

If you could up-date/use "Cammo-nets"-by HCPookie form A2,you have cut the workload some .Someone made a cammo-changer for tanks,too. ;)  :P   Add in Smoke Lunchers,too?  Bullet-proof "skirts" (pop-up)to the sides. 

All we need now ,is a fishing-rod to go with it....

Before I forget it;Some others had trouble to get people to survive ejecting at speed,may wanna`make the little green men get tossed out at some distance from the boat....

First i want the socr playable ready, then i can work on extras like camo nets and up-armored variants etc.  ;)

i think ive seen a fishing-rod somewhere.

Looks really good, and with all the water in Altis, and the new terrain coming out next year, it could be very useful.

Any chance you would consider doing a RHIB at some point?

Yeah. i just started this mod because of the new terrain, socr's are just the perfect ride for jungle rivers

chances are good for a rhib when im done with my current projects and no one else did one till then.

• Like 1

I was just thinking of those od one`s out this time ;Kayak is so strange yet so useful,I`m ;it`s strange no-one give it a-go years ago.RHIB`s could be ported over a long time ago.

Kayak`s with FFV,would be something new.We need new more than ported.

Way cool!!  Will it be hoistable by stock and modded heli's and /or compatible with Raven's Lifter?

Way cool!!  Will it be hoistable by stock and modded heli's and /or compatible with Raven's Lifter?

BI Slingloading, hint hint!

• Like 1