BL1P

How to have Custom Icons for Items in the Arsenal ?

I would like to have a custom Icon appear for gear in the arsenal much like the marksman dlc does.

Where would one put such a config entry ?

For example the backpacks mod I created has the following Configs :-

cfgPatches.hpp

cfgVehicles.hpp

config.cpp

I have tried icon = "\Folder\Image.paa"; in both cfgPatches and cfgVehicles but with no luck.

You need to define your mod as a DLC, assign an icon to it and then declare your items as content of this DLC. I'm not sure if there is any example/guide on how to do that, I just snooped around in configs and found out.

You need a class cfgMods in your config, and in your item classes you need to add a parameter

dlc = "YOURcfgModsCLASS";

Your cfgMods class is the same format as a mod.cpp file that you put in the modfolder. There's an example of one of those in the "Presentation" folder that comes with the Arma 3 samples on Steam (Samples used to be bundled with the Tools, but now they're separate)

The mod.cpp is used to display information on your mod in the main menu, expansions window and the game's launcher, however the only thing that that cfgMods seems to do now is add logos to the Arsenal with whatever image is path is written in the logo = " "; line - so maybe you only need that one parameter.

The external mod.cpp can point to images inside .pbo files, so you can keep all your picture = " "; logo = " "; logoOver = " "; and logoSmall = " "; images inside a .pbo rather than put them externally next to the mod.cpp in the modfolder

You need a class cfgMods in your config, and in your item classes you need to add a parameter

dlc = "YOURcfgModsCLASS";

Your cfgMods class is the same format as a mod.cpp file that you put in the modfolder. There's an example of one of those in the "Presentation" folder that comes with the Arma 3 samples on Steam (Samples used to be bundled with the Tools, but now they're separate)

The mod.cpp is used to display information on your mod in the main menu, expansions window and the game's launcher, however the only thing that that cfgMods seems to do now is add logos to the Arsenal with whatever image is path is written in the logo = " "; line - so maybe you only need that one parameter.

The external mod.cpp can point to images inside .pbo files, so you can keep all your picture = " "; logo = " "; logoOver = " "; and logoSmall = " "; images inside a .pbo rather than put them externally next to the mod.cpp in the modfolder

Thanks for this da12thmonkey, this cfgMods can be just a .hpp file defined from the config.cpp right ?

and in that I put... For example ? :-

in my config.cpp I add :-

#include "cfgMods.hpp"

Then :-

I create a cfgMods.hpp with :-

class cfgMods
{
class Falcons_Mod
{
icon = "\Folder\Image.paa";
};
};

Then 

add the dlc  bit to the items etc :-

class Falcons_DPM_Soldier_Base: B_Soldier_F 
{
dlc = "Falcons_Mod";
scope =2;
identityTypes[] = {"LanguageENG_F", "Head_NATO", "G_HAF_default"};
_generalMacro = "Falcons_DPM_Soldier_Base";
faction = "Falcons_Units";
vehicleClass = "Men_DPM";
nakedUniform = "Falcons_BasicBody";
uniformClass = "Falcons_CombatUniform_DPM";
hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo", "insignia"};
hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\Falcons_Uniforms\data\DPM\Falcons_clothing_Wood.paa"};
linkedItems[] = {"ItemCompass","ItemGPS","ItemMap","ItemWatch","Falcons_DPM_Plate_Carrier_H","ItemMap"};
respawnlinkedItems[] = {"ItemCompass","ItemGPS","ItemMap","ItemWatch","Falcons_DPM_Plate_Carrier_H","ItemMap"};
};

Sorry I am just an old fat guy doing this as a hobby so my skills are some what crap :)

• Like 1

I think the way you're doing it with .hpp files like that will be fine (though personally I just write my configs all in the .cpp). I have cfgMods immediately after cfgPatches

Your cfgMods.hpp may want to look like this though:

class CfgMods
{
	class Mod_Base; //External Class Reference
	class Falcons_Mod : Mod_Base
	{
		logo = "PAAAAAAATH!!!";

};
};

So that you get all the default parameters from BIS' Mod_Base base class and don't risk any "No entry config..." warnings popping up.

I think the dlc parameter might go in your "Falcons_CombatUniform_DPM" class though, rather than the soldier class. However I've not done any uniform modding since the game was in Alpha so I can't remember how they're configured as inventory items like the one selected from Arsenal

• Like 1

I think the way you're doing it with .hpp files like that will be fine (though personally I just write my configs all in the .cpp). I have cfgMods immediately after cfgPatches

Your cfgMods.hpp may want to look like this though:

class CfgMods
{
	class Falcons_Mod : Mod_Base
	{
		logo = "PAAAAAAATH!!!";

};
};

So that you get all the default parameters from BIS' Mod_Base base class and don't risk any "No entry config..." warnings popping up.

I think the dlc parameter might go in your "Falcons_CombatUniform_DPM" class though, rather than the soldier class. However I've not done any uniform modding since the game was in Alpha so I can't remember how they're configured as inventory items like the one selected from Arsenal

Thanks, all working great now, Thank you very much.

Hello eveyone. 

I'm trying to make my logo to work, but no luck. In my config I made:

class CfgMods
{
	class FFCP: Mod_Base
	{
		logo = "\FFCamoPack_Common\Data\logo.paa";

};
};

Then a few lines down in my beret I added DLC:

class beret_LE_green: beret_green
	{
		displayName="FFCP Beret LE Green";
		DLC="FFCP";
		picture="\A3\Characters_F\Data\UI\icon_h_beret_blk_ca.paa";
		model="\A3\Characters_F\Common\headgear_beret01";
		author="FoxFort";
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[]=
		{
			"\FFCamoPack_Common\Data\beret_le_green.paa"
		};
	};

But it's not showing in VA. My Logo is 256x256, paa. 

What could I've been doing wrong?

Sorry to hop on your post but how one would make work in the player inventory 

I have a problem with the image. I can put it, but it appears as a grey circle. Can anybody help me?