Sign in to follow this  
mad_cheese

Group-Formation in ZEUS: is it forced?

QUESTION: CAN I SWITCH OFF THE AI'S URGE TO KEEP FORMATION WHILE ACTING AS ZEUS?

It appears to me that all groups in curatorEditableObjects have some kind of hardcoded formation going on. If you try something like:

{_x domove (screentoWorld [0.5,0.5]); _x moveTo (screentoWorld [0.5,0.5])} foreach (curatorSelected select 0)

-> You would expect the selected units to run into the middle of the screen and stay there. Instead, the run there, meet up for a small chicken dance, then immediately go back into formation and I can not bypass it.

I also monitored the data in expectedDestination - units return planning modes "LEADER PLANNED" when moving but upon arrival immediately switch into "FORMATION PLANNED" or "DoNotPlanFormation" . Just to be clear, if you were playing as a groupleader you would have to call your units back into formation yourself or they would just sit there returning "DoNotPlan" - that's exactly what I'm going for here.

I can only find this behaviour in ZEUS controlled units, usually it is no problem to send a individual member somewhere with doMove andhave him stay there.