whiztler

[MP CO37 Campaign] Two Sierra

Thanks for the report. Will be fixed in next release.

I dident get enemys in part 1 :/

Errors frome part 2:

107410_20160421144743_1.png

107410_20160421144711_1.png107410_20160421143549_1.png

107410_20160421143532_1.png

Thanks again buddy. Uploaded 1.02 hotfix on 2sierra.com and steam with uploaded Tour 1 & Tour 2 missions.

Edit: Sorry fellas, for some reason scripts from 1.01 got mixed up with missions of 1.02. I have re-upped mission files for Tour 1 & 2. AIO is also updated: http://2sierra.com

I am not bothering with Armaholic as it takes forever to get updated on Armaholic nowadays.

Hi,

Just reporting some errors in Tour 1 Mission 2: "Scr\init_client.sqf" isn't executed. Also, the sound "sandstorm.ogg" is missing (lots of .rpt spam).

EDIT: also, no CAS (ADF_CAS not executed), and I have the same issues reported by loopdk. Using the last version from steamworkshop and 2sierra.com.

UPDATED to V. 1.05

Both the Two Sierra website and Github repo are NO LONGER maintained. Please use this BIS Forum thread or Armaholic as your source for updates and information. 

From Armaholic or the BIS Forum threads you can download the zipfile which contains a '2sierra_readme.pdf' document with mission information, client/server information, training information, etc., media files and briefing files. 

1.05 is a major update. All missions have been updated. Changes: 

• fixed: various script issues.
  • fixed: rpt spamming of various functions
  • added: mission balancer: less players = less opfor and v.v.
  • added: 2 additional jip slots (instead of 3 hc slots now only 1 hc slot).
  • updated: mission objective test scripts (mots.sqf)
  • updated: ai skill is controlled by asr-ai/vcomai/bcombat if enabled
  • updated: mission files updated in line with 3den.
  • updated: code base. completely re-written in line with arma 3 1.82.
  • updated: multiplayer optimization.
  • updated: applied ADF 2.03 framework.
  • Like 1

Mission Balancer

Since v1.05 the Two Sierra missions are balanced based on the number of players active. Few notes:

• Less players = less OpFor / more players = more OpFor
  • Recommended min. players: 12
  • Tour 1 and 2 warmup missions have mission balancer running. Tour 3 has no mission balancer.
  • Like 2

Updated to version 1.06. See OP for download information.

Changelog version 1.06

• Fixed: Teleport flagpole tour 1 warmup mission 
  • Fixed: Mission balancer did a full reset when a player JIP-ed. 
  • Fixed: initPlayerServer bug caused issues for JIP players
  • Fixed: Service point refueling issues.
  • Fixed: TFAR radio channel pre-set.
  • Updated: ORBAT, now slotting per squad instead of team
  • Updated: Mission balancer setting can be overruled using the mission params at mission start.
  • Updated: Applied ADF 2.06 framework.

The campaign zipfile contains a '2sierra_readme.pdf' document with mission information, client/server information, training information, etc., media files and briefing files.

• Thanks 1

I can really recommend this campaign. It can be very tough and unforgiving at times though, but with some proper planning and discipline, very doable.

• Like 1

Updated to version 1.07. See OP for download information.

Version 1.07

• Added: Vehicle service points throughout the area of operation.
  • Added: Woodland kit for tour 2.
  • Fixed/removed: Legacy code
  • Fixed: End mission is no longer activated for late joiners (JIP).
  • Fixed: Locked buildings due to disabled simulation are now enterable.
  • Updated: Mission balancer values in most missions. Thanks for feedback!
  • Updated: Most mission systems and triggers
  • Updated: Attempt to fix patch/insignia and texture issues
  • Updated: Applied ARMA 3 Encore update.
  • Updated: Applied ADF 2.10 framework.

The campaign zipfile contains a '2sierra_readme.pdf' document with mission information, client/server information, training information, etc., media files and briefing files. 

• Like 1

We tried this on our dedicated server but sadly the game crashes after a few minutes. Don,t suppose it possible to have just the missions as single coop missions with a basic brief in each one instead of a campaign?

@jgaz-uk I am not sure what you mean. The campaign is a mission pack of 12 COOP missions and 3 warmup missions. They are to be played as a normal coop mission on a dedicated server. Just copy the PBO files to you MPMIissions folder of your dedicated server and it should work fine.

Afaik a mission cannot crash Arma.

The individual missions (pbo) do work, but there's no regular Brief. Players have no real idea what to do, the hints come up but cant be recalled in map log. Chaos ensues.... A lot of work has obviously gone into these missions, tried hosting but other players crash when joining. Seem to work SPlayer but that's it. Maybe a Bis update has broken it or it could be the addons we use.

"Afaik a mission cannot crash Arma."  Sorry but the campaign does crash both the Dedicated server & or players A3 game when joining someone hosting it, only wish it did not.

There is a regular brief. Actually it is in the style of a real-life NRF briefing. You have an brief ingin-game and a briefing documents in the archive you'll find a briefing in PDF and TXT format. Also you'll find maps of the AO, objectives, etc. The campaign zipfile download links can be found in the first post of this thread. 

Note that this mission cannot be playing as single player. They are intended for at least 12 players.

The only reason I can think of why a server would crash is if there is a mismatch in mods on the server/clients. To test this, load the mission with just the required mods (CBA A3, CUP Terrains Core, CUP Terrains Maps).

We also run all the RHS addons maybe that's the problem. the only thing that seems to be in the brief is the Credits ?

Will give it another try thank you for your time....

Updated to version 1.08. See OP for download information.

Version 1.08

• Fixed: Convoy’s. Attempt number 612 to fix AI convoys.
  • Fixed: Para’s. AI para’s perform as ordered.
  • Fixed: Mission ending day 3 & 4.
  • Fixed: MOTS progress speed in day 4, 7 & 8.
  • Fixed: Spelling in briefings/high command.
  • Fixed/removed: last slithers of legacy code.
  • Updated: Moved all mission logic to server init. HC only managed AI spawns.
  • Updated: Further refining of mission balancer values.
  • Updated: Most mission objects for increased performance.
  • Updated: Applied ADF 2.13 framework.

• Haha 1

Updated to version 1.09. See OP for download information.

Version 1.09

• Added: Mod compatibility (RHS/Project Opfor/3CB Factions/CUP/CFP) for BluFor & OpFor
  • Fixed: Vehicle service points working as they should
  • Updated: Spawn on demand. Now via framework function.
  • Updated: Dynamic civilians uses mods if available (Project Opfor/3CB Factions/CUP/CFP) 
  • Updated: 2sierra_readme.pdf ReadMe document.
  • Updated: Applied ADF 2.15 framework.

OPTIONAL OPFOR/BLUFOR MODS

Since version 1.09, the Two Sierra campaign supports mods for BluFor and OpFor units and vehicles. The mods are optional. The campaign functions fully with just BIS Vanilla assets (plus CUP Maps).
If mods are loaded on the server but you wish to play using BIS Vanilla assets only then modded gameplay can be switched off in the mission parameters at mission start.

Supported Mods

The optional supported mods are automatically applied when loaded by the (dedicated) server. The mods are applied in the following order:

1. Red Hammer Studios (USAF, AFRF, GREF) 

>> 3CB Factions

>> Project Opfor

2. CUP Units/Vehicles/Weapons

>> Community Factions Project

The optional mods add the following functionality:

• Blufor: NRF NATO units loadout (uniform, weaponry, etc.)
  • Opfor: unit loadout and vehicles.
  • Civilians: Clothing  and vehicles

Still working on it Whizt? I thought you quit :P

The optional mods are a nice addition! Bit of a complaint from most players was the vanilla gear/opponents.

Good morning whiztler.
First of all I wanted to congratulate you and thank you for the good work done in these missions and campaigns. It is very difficult to find missions and especially campaigns with this level of approach and quality that yours provide.
I have tried to play the campaign with my clan, and it is spectacular, but we have encountered the problem that some enemy units are immortal, usually occurs in an isolated unit and especially happens with the units that are on patrol in the pickup of Pashtuns hovering outside important sectors that are approaching. It seems silly but this detail that some enemies are immortal destabilizes the mission as you could never imagine.
I have done a test with the mission of day 2 and the same thing happens.

When I encountered this problem I tried to edit the mission to see if I found the solution, but my knowledge of editing is very low or even null. I have also tried to put players as permanent IAS not as virtual to avoid problems if someone falls out of the game. Although this last problem does not matter.
So if you can give me some clue why there are some isolated enemies that are immortal, I will try to correct them in order to continue the campaign, which really looks impressive.

Regards.
P.D: Sorry for the level of English, it's from Google Translate.

• Thanks 1

Updated to version 1.10. See OP for download information.

Version 1.10

• Fixed: Attempt to fix the occasional invincibility of OpFor.
  • Updated: Applied ADF 2.19 framework.

Note
I received several reports that OpFor is very difficult to kill and sometimes require 10+ hits for them to go down. From a mission maker point of view this seems due to a change in config of body armor etc. Since my missions do not alter any unit config, the only other possible explication was the skill set changes. Although it does not seems logical, it is the only setting that is applied in both Two Sierra and Wolfpack missions that alter behaviour of OpFor. I have removed any skill set/behaviour changes and kept everything as Vanilla as possible.
Please let me know if this clears-up the invincibility issue of OpFor units.

Updated to version 1.11. See OP for download information.

Version 1.11

• Fixed: Invulnerable vehicle gunners.
  • Updated: Performance improvements.
  • Updated: Applied ADF 2.22 framework.
  • Like 1

Maybe I've missed that, but why "Two Sierra ALL-IN-ONE via Mega" file is password protected ? 

• Thanks 1

@Aplion Thanks for the heads up. New link is up in the op.

• Like 1

Updated to version 1.12. See OP for download information.

Version 1.12

• Fixed: Turret gunners.
  • Updated: Various performance improvements.
  • Updated: Applied ADF 2.25 framework.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1