DRAKON%20Banner.jpg

Still%201.jpg

Still%203.jpg

Still%2020.jpg

The APEX Drakon

Finally, after 6 long months of development it's here...

Introducing a new Unmanned Aerial System for Arma III. The jet-powered APEX Drakon offers a new way to control the battlefield in a sleek, effective way. Derived from the General Atomics Predator C 'Avenger', the Drakon comes equipped with a slew of incredible weapons and takes no prisoners. Not only was this model built from the ground up by none other than Kiory, this incredible machine comes equipped with a custom loadout editor made from scratch by AWOL, a well known Arma mod creator. Efficiency, design and quality were all key factors in creating this masterpiece.

Prologue

After a year into Arma's release, I had become frustrated with the vanilla UAV systems. With a game based in 2035, why were we using propeller driven aircraft? Also, why such a weak armament and why are they still extremely buggy? With those frustrations in mind, I set out to fix it myself. Meeting up with Kiory and AWOL, we began work on a new UAV system that would completely change the way UAV's would be viewed in Arma. 6 months later, the Drakon was released. While we still have a long way to go to get it where we want to, this is a step in the right direction.

Addon Contents

Includes the APEX Drakon .pbo file which comes with a single Drakon and a custom loadout editor built into the mod.

FEATURES

• Jet-powered UAV system
  • Nearly double the speed of vanilla UAV systems
  • 4 external hardpoints and 1 internal bay
  • Custom loadout editor and service menu

(To be included in future builds)

• HELLAD Solid State Laser system
  • Multiple camouflage patterns
  • Stealth and Laser selectable variants
  • Re-built UAV terminal

TUTORIAL

CREDITS

Arma 3 engine: Bohemia Interactive

Project lead: Church

3D Artist: Kiory

Code/Scripts: AWOL

Video Production: Church

END USER LICENCE AGREEMENT:

DISCLAIMER

You are permitted to install and use this software for personal entertainment purposes only.

You may not use this add-on (nor any of its parts) in any other add-on or mod (not even partially) nor redistribute or

mirror it without Church's prior consent.

This add-on is released under

Creative Commons License

Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs

USERLICENCEAGREEMENT_zpsc51c8027.jpg

For use with Arma III

DONATIONS

Our incredible mod team could use your help investing more into this mod! If you'd like, please donate to our cause!

pp-donatesmall.png

DOWNLOAD LINKS

Download%20Button.png

Steamworkshop.jpg

HOW TO INSTALL AND USE:

Simply extract the @Drakon file from the .zip folder and drop it directly into your Arma directory folder!

Once in game you must spawn an ammo support vehicle next to the Drakon in order to access the APEX Support Menu. Enjoy!

KNOWN ISSUES

Keep in mind the Drakon is still very much in an alpha state. This is our first release and there WILL be bugs. Here are a few we are aware of:

The Drakon still uses Arma III's unfavorable UAV system. We know, it's something we want to get away from.

The Laser Designator doesn't spawn on the UAV unless you first apply a loadout.

The UAV flight model needs to be cleaned up. It currently floats too easily and the stall speed needs to be adjusted.

The UAV turret cam works when it is stowed away, allowing you to see inside the drone. This will be fixed in a future patch.

For some reason the Drakon doesn't get along with ACE's missile system very well. We're looking into that. For now, avoid using with ACE.

There may be many others. These are just the ones we're very aware of. Feel free to PM me with any bugs you find outside of these ones.

FOR MAKING WORK WITH ACE

Thanks to Bamse for pointing this out.

Remove these 6 .pbo files in order to avoid conflict with ACE.

ace_javelin.pbo

ace_laser.pbo

ace_laser.pbo

ace_laser_selfdesignate.pbo

ace_laserpointer.pbo

ace_missileguidance.pbo

ace_yardarge450.pbo

THANK YOU! PLEASE ENJOY OUR MOD!

• Like 16

Wow. Just killing machine.In my opinion UAV in Arma 3 have a minimum loadout.And if this UAV supports GBU 12 LGB  would like to ask the author to extend the range of the laser lock on

Nice UAV dude!!

But I have a problem, I can't lock into a lased target for some strange reason. Any ideas?

I press both T and R but with no success.

It seems UAV hav`t flare.I can't lock ( Hellfire<GBU>Glide ) .Don`t understand how lock on glide bombs

I think i am drunk can't believe that this beauty is completed thank's to the creator of this beauty :D nice job mission accomplished !!!

This looks really effin' nice. Gonna try it tonight when I get home from work!

Is there an option to pre-customize the loadout via script, and if not .... is that on the drawing board? :)

It would be great if you adjust speed through waypoints! Also the camera might need some more flexibility ... Targeting works for all kind of weapons  so nevermind my first post.

Thanks Church :)

ArmA2Base.de Mirror added:

APEX Drakon Jet-Powered UAV (v1.0)

Kind regards

Miller

Congrats on your release, going to go bomb stuff in the editor now

It would be great if you adjust speed through waypoints! Also the camera might need some more flexibility ... Targeting works for all kind of weapons  so nevermind my first post.

I cant get it to lock, how did you do it?

I cant get it to lock, how did you do it?

I can only lock on target for hellfires against enemy vehicles.. If you place an empty vehicle I don't think it will work.

For the precision bombs you neet to fix camera on target then lase-. Same function as usual for game UAVs.

I can only lock on target for hellfires against enemy vehicles.. If you place an empty vehicle I don't think it will work.

For the precision bombs you neet to fix camera on target then lase-. Same function as usual for game UAVs.

Doesn't work at all for me, Hellfires are more or less rocket pods 

I can\t get the loudout editor up. So i cant use any weapons on this? Anyone know why?

You have to place a Ammo truck next to it

Okay if anyone has an issue where you cant lock things its due to a conflict with ACE Missileguideance.PBO

• Like 1

Okay if anyone has an issue where you cant lock things its due to a conflict with ACE Missileguideance.PBO

Thanks for troubleshooting that for us officeramr, we'll look into it and add it to the bugs/incompatability list for now.

Thanks for troubleshooting that for us officeramr, we'll look into it and add it to the bugs/incompatability list for now.

You're welcome. I'm really your UAV, it's a lot better than the slow propeller UAVS. 

END USER LICENCE AGREEMENT:

DISCLAIMER

You may not use this add-on (nor any of its parts) in any other add-on or mod (not even partially) nor redistribute or

mirror it without Church's prior consent.

Thank you very much for allowing Armaholic to mirror your work :)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

APEX Drakon Jet-Powered UAV v0.1

Finally, the Drakon it´s here!!! really high quality uav bird, thanks! :wub: