st!gar

How do you set the allegiance of a select Group?

I'm trying to make specific individuals belong to a different faction than their original one; say have a Group of BluFor-characters be aligned with OpFor or Independents. Ordinarily, I would just group the BluFor-squad with an OpFor-superior and set his Probability of Presence to "0". However - firstly, this doesn't work in the new 3D-editor, and secondly - I would really just like to find a more "professional" way of going about it than having lots of invisible OpFor-officers all over the map.

I have looked for some guides, but have been unable to find any. There were some that taught you how to set entire factions to be friendly to factions whom they would normally oppose, beyond just using the Properties-tab. But I would like to know how to choose a specific individual or group of individuals to belong to a different faction.

Is there a way to do this? I'm hoping there's something simple, like adding some code in a character's Init Field? Please help.

_group createGroup east;

[_unit] join _group

Did you try something like that?

_group createGroup east;

[_unit] join _group

Did you try something like that?

Thanks for the reply.

Do you put it in a trigger, or something of the sort?

Save that as an sqf file such as "switch.sqf "in your mission folder. Whenever something happens in your mission in which you want them to switch sides, write 'nul = execVM "switch.sqf";' without the 1st quotation marks, in the Triggers Activation field.

If you want it from the start either place in your init.sqf or just set trigger to true in the Condition field.

Go into the virtual arsenal and create a soldier in a Blueforce uniform and equipment. Save the soldier and then Export.

Open the editor.  Create an Opforce soldier and then "edit Paste"  (Ctrl V  in the Arma series).

This provides an Opforce soldier with Blueforce uniform and equipment

Go into the virtual arsenal and create a soldier in a Blueforce uniform and equipment. Save the soldier and then Export.

Open the editor.  Create an Opforce soldier and then "edit Paste"  (Ctrl V  in the Arma series).

This provides an Opforce soldier with Blueforce uniform and equipment

If you did it that way, you'd have to go through and do that for every member of that faction that you put in to the mission/scenario. Then if you used all the information exported from the Arsenal's export function to get all the class names, without using a script or [] call fnc_XXXXXXX, it would clog up every unit's Init field and slow down the mission processes and loading.

I would recommend trying messing around with creating a script for changing the entire faction's BLUFOR/OPFOR/INDFOR allegiance or a specific groups allegiance, and then utilizing a [] call fnc_XXXXXX to stream line the process. Yes, it may take a bit longer to get all setup properly, but once it is, you can use it again and again with ease. I'm actually in the process of trying to figure this out myself, because I want to use the FIA as an entire faction of separatist guerrillas without having to grab a bunch of crazy mods and what not.