yxpoh

Installing Arma 2 Steam Full Complete Set Properly

NOTE: This is for the STEAM EDITION.

After playing Arma 3 for a while (quite long), i wanted to go back to Arma 2 and also I44 for a while, but I was having problems getting the DLCs to show properly, and a few error messages to go away. After trial and error, I manage to find the problems.

Problem that I got and was solved(Can't remembered the exact message but the gist of it): 

Application Load error 5:00000065434 (If I remembered the error properly)

MISSING STRING!!!

Application/Game cannot be found.

You installed the DLC, but it shows the LITE version of the DLC in your expansions menu. (This is actually due to though you installed the game in Steam, the content itself has not been integrated in Arma 2 directory which is why you need to run the DLC itself from Steam)

Here Goes:

01. Install Arma 2 
02. Run Game
03. Install Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead
04. Run Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead
05. Army of Czech Republic should start installing to A2OA.
06. Install Arma 2 British Armed Forces
07. Run Arma 2 British Armed Forces
08. British Armed Forces should start installing to A2OA.
09. Run Arma 2 Private Military Company
10. Private Military Company should start installing to A2OA.
11. Game should run with all DLCs properly.

(Sequence of DLCs no longer matters after OA installation; Just make sure that you run the DLC from Steam first before running with other lanuchers or even OA itself. That means running the game British Armed Forces on Steam and not the Arma 2 or Arma 2 OA from Steam, for e.g.)

For me, I use withSix to run my mods after that. Running the game first is just a way to initialize the running of some of the required installations.
Hope this is useful to anyone having any problems on Arma 2 Steam.

PS: If you manage to solve your problem from my instructions, do drop a reply so I can see that this topic is being useful. Thanks! :D
  • Like 1