Sign in to follow this  
Ranwer135

MP Script Debugging - Question

Hey guys, quick question (Which maybe useful for others to read).

What are some ways I can debug my MP code without having to go actually online and/or pay for a dedicated server? (I also noticed Here that the content has disappeared, how come?!?)

Also, I was not able to join my own dedicated server as I keep on getting kicked. So since my PC is beastly, I launched Arma 3 two times with different roles:

1st Arma 3: Hosted a server WITHOUT arma3server.exe.

2nd Arma 3: Joined the server as the client.

Is this another way of testing client-side for multiplayer scripting?

Thanks, :ok:

Rawner135

Not sure why you can't run the dedicated server (armaserver.exe) alongside your client (arma3.exe) for testing.  What message are you getting when being kicked?

Well all it says is "You have been kicked" (arma3server.exe reports that when I connect it is unverified, and would sometimes keep me on the screen forever while another attempt to load a mission from the bank). Here is what I have done:

- Opened UDP Ports 2302, 2303 and 2305.

- Disabled Firewall.

- Launched arma3server.exe, then launched steam in OFFLINE mode. (As well as ONLINE, but my goal is to debug offline)

- Restarted PC.

- Launched arma3server.exe and arma3.exe as administrator.

- Launched server through launcher.

- Used TADST2 to launch arma3server.exe.

I still have no clue why it does not work. (However, having 2 games on one machine running as the host and client, which worked, somehow turned my upcoming mod, DSS, into a literal nightmare :( )

Can you post your server's RPT file for me to look at?

If your client actually connects for a bit then gets kicked then it's not firewall or connectivity.

Also are you using a .cfg file for your server?  Try disabling Battleye and verifySignatures in your .cfg

"having 2 games on one machine running as the host and client...worked"

So if you launch Arma client has MP host (ie: not using arma3server.exe) then another client instance as client you can connect OK?

Are you using the arma 3 server from steam? Then you need to go into the arma 3 server directory and change the id inside steam_appid.txt to 107410.