Here's today's additions:

Silver%20Star_zpslnahhttz.png

Bronze%20Star%20Renderedl_zpsvswo628m.pn

I've always wanted something like this in Arma ever since I played the original Ghost Recon years ago, where you could be awarded several medals in the debriefing, and during the rest of each soldier's lifetime through the campaign, you could see his awards in the team selection menu.

Great! I have a question, can you do this one for polish community members?

odbyt13893517853632.jpg

@Marcgf - Good old Ghost Recon! Hopefully, this little project will add a bit of a personal touch!

@Waffel - I'd be delighted! Will start work on that next week - or the week after :D

• Like 1

Great! I have a question, can you do this one for polish community members?

odbyt13893517853632.jpg

...is that an onion on the medal? oO Gotta love the Polish people. :D

@Jelskipro - thanks man! Yeah - looking forward to doing some CSAT ones!

@IndeedPete - lol, Order of the White Onion - I wouldn't want to mess with the Poles! That's some crazy stuff right there!

The medal nobody's queuing up to get! And yeah, it's not a 'Purple Heart', it's a 'Silver Heart' - thought I'd mix it up a bit for the Armaverse.

Silver%20Heart_zpsuuuav33x.png

• Like 2

@Kilroy95 - thanks man! Yeah, it's pretty much there! Just got to do some renders for the UI and then hand it over to some scripting bod (or IndeedPete, if he isn't too busy! :D). I might release it as just the objects, PSD files, and UI images, so people can do what they want with it. Not sure really - the models and textures are all there - it's just how to implement them! :P Anything's possible in Arma!

• Like 1

Wow, this really good looking and one hell of an idea. My French team was actually thinking of giving players service ribbons on our forums but I think we'll wait for your mod rather :P

Hopefully there'll be some easy way to put in French medals such as the "Légion d'Honneur".

Keep up the good work !

@heartbroken - well, the good news is, I'll be releasing a bunch of PSD files, along with the models themselves, to allow you to edit and create your own :) If I have the time, I'll also add a few additional medals for foreign countries too. I aim to do a series of BLUFOR medals, OPFOR medals, and INDEP medals; though I've got a lot on my plate at the moment! :D Might take me a bit of time - but it's on my radar!  

• Like 1

Allright, thanks, while I can't do modelling I'll try and I can texture a bit. And I can guess that you have a lot of work to do, you are showing a really good quality of content, no wonder eveyone want to see this mod out.

And we'll use whatever medals you provide us, our community has one particular member that'll probably be the first to receive a medal, the bad flying one :D Last mission we did he managed to crash twice a full UH-60 :P

Here's today's additions:

Silver%20Star_zpslnahhttz.png

Bronze%20Star%20Renderedl_zpsvswo628m.pn

Very nice Work. Can you also do some German medal´s (Something like that? Click me! )? Or i did miss them to see them in this Thread

MFG

Xorpane

Awesome, looking forward to see this mod ingame! :D

Can't wait to add new medals for it, especially 2nd World War ones!

If you need any help on the medal models PM me :)

@Nytech - thanks matey! :D I'll include all the P3Ds I used to make the medals - should prove helpful if you need a template or anything. As soon as I'm finished with Resist, I'll begin work in earnest with releasing this!

@Alex150201 - Hiya matey! Well so far, we have the following:

NATO Medals

Cross of Honor / Cross of Honor P3D Model (based on Medal of Honor)

Silver Heart / Silver Heart P3D Model (based on Purple Heart)

Marksmen's Medal / Marksmen's Medal P3D Model

Silver Star / Star Medal P3D Model (based on Silver Star)

Bronze Star / Star Medal P3D Model (based on Bronze Star)

Altis & Stratis Campaign Medal / Rounded Medal P3D Model

Leadership Medal / Rounded Medal P3D Model

Pilot's Medal / Rounded Medal P3D Model

Medic's Medal / Rounded Medal P3D Model

And one animated medal case.

The names of some of the above might change, but you get the gist. These are all I have 100% finished so far. Each medal consists of the model, a PSD file, an RVMAT with CO, NOHQ and SMDI textures and a dialog, render image.

It's just a start, but with a touch of good scripting, it should make for an interesting addon!

• Like 1

Oh thanks for answering so fast kydoimos, you always do  :). Just a couple more questions.

1. Will the medals be wearable like on the uniform or something?
  2. Will you add some ribbons aswell?
  3. What about badges like a parachute badge?
  • Like 1

@Alex150201 - No probs! :D In response to your questions;

1. Unfortunately not. You could, however, attach the medals to the body with the attachTo and SetVectorDirAndUp commands, but that's at a push. Wearable medals is a little outside the remit of this project - well, at least, for me to accomplish!
  2. The ribbon is part of the medal model; but if you mean the ribbons worn on the uniform, I might add them to the dialog image (2D) but not to the actual model.
  3. That's a fantastic idea! Might make a rounded medal variation for that!
  • Like 1

Oh awesome kydoimos! I am then waiting patiently for this (not like I wasn't before). Those would make a perfect fit to a realism unit/group, or at least I think. It would be awesome to award the people in my group with such medals and badges worn on their uniform. Maybe not their combat one but you know what I mean. Great one kydoimos once again and keep it up. Also, is "Resist" over?

@Alex150201 - No probs! :D In response to your questions;

1. Unfortunately not. You could, however, attach the medals to the body with the attachTo and SetVectorDirAndUp commands, but that's at a push. Wearable medals is a little outside the remit of this project - well, at least, for me to accomplish!
  2. The ribbon is part of the medal model; but if you mean the ribbons worn on the uniform, I might add them to the dialog image (2D) but not to the actual model.
  3. That's a fantastic idea! Might make a rounded medal variation for that!

1. You could try to define them as facewear (CfgGlasses). I've seen scarfs and tactical beards, so why not medals?

• Like 2

Well IndeedPete has the pretty much right idea again. Only a small problem. You wouldn't be able to have many medals at the same time, or at least I don't think you would be able to do so.

1. You could try to define them as facewear (CfgGlasses). I've seen scarfs and tactical beards, so why not medals?

Ooh, that's a good idea :D Quick thinking!

Well IndeedPete has the pretty much right idea again. Only a small problem. You wouldn't be able to have many medals at the same time, or at least I don't think you would be able to do so.

I guess that would be an issue - though there's probably a way around it! I hasten to add though, I feel a bit intimidated by that kind of functionality - not sure I could deliver on that! But - this will be an open source project - so, if anyone's feeling brave, there's no reason it can't be done!