Sign in to follow this  
Pouflex

Help a little noob to configure his server

Hello everyone,

Lately im in very big troubles, few days ago I've opened a server for myself and friends on a hosting server.

But I barely know how to program properly a server or even scripting... Im watching time to time video tutorials so I gain more experience but still.

So please, if some angel, someone who can be helpful and read my post so he can fix my problem, please you have no idea how you help me.

All what I want to do is a modified Zeus mission server with those mods : RHS Escalation, CBA_A3, Task Force Radio, ACE,AGM and MCC Sanbox.

But there's always a problem, once it happens my server doesn't even read correctly my mods so I play on a basic Zeus. Or I get errors from many mods "ace_protection.pbo is outdated".

I want to be able to play in my server like anyone else with no problem, i bought three different servers just to know if the problem was from me or the servers, but well its from me but I don't get how to set up mods properly.

Please, help me.

Thank you !

What's the point of your post ? Get out.

So there's no one who can help me ? 

Follow this tutorial to set up the server

Debug server issues using this tutorial
Quick Hint....

I get errors from many mods "ace_protection.pbo is outdated".
Update it then... the clue is in the error report

Nobody is going to do everything for you. You have to put ther effort in yourself.
However if you ask a specific question, like for example...

How do I fix this issue:
I get errors from many mods "ace_protection.pbo is outdated".

Then help will be more forthcoming

Good luck

Sure nobody can do all of my work. :)

But thank you very much, That's what I need, where to start and where to go.

Is hosted server are counted in this ? Cause I see many files like Steam_server A3.rpt ?

It is counted for Linux server ? Im lost at it...

Top right of this forum page you will see a "search" bar, try pasting "Linux Server" in there and see what comes up

also

at the very very top of this page in the stickies section you will find a ..... wait for it...... a thread for Linux servers...

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/160270-linux-dedicated-server-feedback/

By working things out yourself, you really will become a much better server admin with much greater knowledge. I'm a gas fitter and now I feel pretty competent setting up and running servers, windows anyway

I did that by working through my problems and every now and then I would need to ask a specific question to someone else when google betrayed my trust in it.

I did not ask a "How to do everything question", my questions would have been more detailed with some form of log or a list of things i had tried and how I tried them.

If you approach your issues that way, you will get a much better level of help.

For example, you never mentioned in your first post, you was installing your server on Linux, that's a pretty damned important piece of information

Good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't mix @ACE and @AGM mods you will get errors (AGM is a precursor to ACE3)

Thank you very much. I've tried mod by mod and I get progress. Thanks.

But still some mods do me some problems... Trying to figure out now...