DarkDruid

UAVs: Feedback and wishes

I have looked around for thsi topic and googled it alot but did not find anything.

So, I absolutely LOVE the UAVs in this game but I noticed I could not find a way to control multiple drones at once, let's say 3 drones at once, I tried to help my friends on wasteland which were in a fight they were getting attacked by 2 tanks, so I thought hey let's let my greyhawks ATGM fly over there and destroy it, but I noticed I could only control one, I wanted to make 2 of them fly over there and seek and destroy and control one of the drones manually. So yeah, here's my question, is it posible to control 3 drones at the same time or could this ever be a feature to be added? I would really love it if I could I imagine someone conrolling 10 drones at once is not possible, but that's not what I am asking, having 1 person control an army of drones would be completely overkill, but I guess you could limit the terminal's capacity to just 2/3 drones? Once again if something like that is already possible I would love to hear it, because it's really hard to reconnect to a greyhawk when it's 3km away and 200m up in the air ;P

it's really hard to reconnect to a greyhawk when it's 3km away and 200m up in the air ;P

There's a selection box in the upper left of the terminal. You can scroll through and connect to all available unmanned vehicles, allowing you to give orders / control as many as you want.

BIS I think it would be wise to put the UAV feed ("AV Video") NOT on the GPS display.

BIS I think it would be wise to put the UAV feed ("AV Video") NOT on the GPS display.

You can move it to a better place if you want. (Layout settings)

Is anybody else experiencing insane camera vibration in the Greyhawk turret view since the update to 1.38?

1. Set the Greyhawk to loiter at 500m or 2000m altitude.

2. When the Greyhawk has reached said altitude, look through gunner turret, zoom in on ground.

Could someone please check to see if they are also experiencing this or if there's something wrong on my end? I'm a UAV operator so my life is ruined atm :)

I would really appreciate input from the rest of you.

Cheers!

I've always had camera vibration. Seems to have been unaffected by any patches so far, almost constant since release. Seems to get worse with higher altitudes. Only benefit now is being able to lock or fix the turret.

I'd like to see the sounds disabled for the UAV feeds. I don't know if its possible because of the way the game works, but its entirely pointless and incredibly distracting when all you can hear is the drone through the feed and nothing else going on around you.

You mean you can't tell any difference between 1.36 and 1.38? Earlier the camera could be a little frustrating at times when the UAV was turning hard, but nothing like this.

Here's a video of how it looks now: http://youtu.be/YIVhftp1v4I

Sorry for quality and audio, but this is nowhere near how the camera performed in 1.36. Is it like this for you all?

This is the Greyhawk at 2000m following the Speedboat with the camera locked on the ship.

Sorry for quality and audio, but this is nowhere near how the camera performed in 1.36. Is it like this for you all?

This is the Greyhawk at 2000m following the Speedboat with the camera locked on the ship.

Is that single-player or multi-player? I've only used the drones a few times in MP and they've been no where near that bad.

The video shows single player.

Could you possibly fire up your game and set the Greyhawk to 500 or 2000 meters and when it's reached it's altitude, just wach its feed for a few minutes to see if yours is also shaking like mine? I'm hoping the problem is on my end but I feel like I'm wandering in the dark here.

Must be something on your end. Camera is steady as a rock from 2000 meters for me. Both Greyhawk and Darter. Latest stable, no mods.

I just leave this here. I bothers me since the release and it's probably a really easy fix.

Ticket

Yeah I had the very same problem when I played campaing where you needed drone. Very stressful for your eyes. So it's a real issue.

I'll link your made ticket here http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22394

St. Jimmy, thanks for your input. Sorry to hear you have the same problem.

So now we have one person who does not experience the problem and two who does (me + St. Jimmy).

I run on

3,5 GHz Intel Core i7

GTX 780M 4GB

Win 7, 64-bit.

Feedback tracker here: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22394

I wonder if this is related to the newly introduced G-Force camera shake? Is there any way to disable it?

I wonder if this is related to the newly introduced G-Force camera shake? Is there any way to disable it?

Good point because that's it! Camera shake can only be disabled from diffculty options. Disable it and it's gone.

That's why some people see it and some don't.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Good, so it's gone? I can't check because I started the whole process of reinstalling everything so I have about 3 hours left of backup and then maybe one or two hours of installing everything again :)

I really have to separate the work computer from the play computer :)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/f.cl.ly/items/2H2u0s1m2x3Y2Z0f3P0q/computer-suicide-cannot-unsee-what-has-been-seen-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-337.gif (756 kB)

Edited by EasyEB

Good, so it's gone? I can't check because I started the whole process of reinstalling everything so I have about 3 hours left of backup and then maybe one or two hours of installing everything again :)

I really have to separate the work computer from the play computer :)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/f.cl.ly/items/2H2u0s1m2x3Y2Z0f3P0q/computer-suicide-cannot-unsee-what-has-been-seen-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-337.gif (756 kB)

As long camera shake is disabled it's gone. This can depend on server so it really needs to be fixed. There shouldn't be any shake no matter what difficulty is used.

So it's a bug.

Thanks St. Jimmy. Yeah, I agree, but for the moment I will happily sacrifice camera shake for UAV cam stability :D

I'm trying to make a throughrough training video on how to use UAV/UGVs in ARMA 3. However, I still can't tell people what every function does when you right click on a waypoint and click "Type".

so we have the following:

MOVE

DESTROY

SEEK AND DESTROY

HOLD

SENTRY

GUARD

SUPPORT

CYCLE

Some are obvious but some aren't.

MOVE <---ok easy

DESTROY <--Easy, but how does this differ from SEEK AND DESTROY?

SEEK AND DESTROY <--How does this differ from DESTROY?

HOLD <--I think this is created to hold the drone at a certain waypoint if you have a ton of waypoints and don't want to redo. Am I right on this?

SENTRY <--What does this do?

GUARD <--Again, what does this do?

SUPPORT <-- No idea

CYCLE <-- Need help here...

So anyone who KNOWS what all of those do please comment. Please, do NOT speculate...I just need raw info.

BIS you need to address this....your field manual doesn't cover this, your wiki doesn't cover this and I can't find a single resource out there that explains these functions.

Really hope they further flesh out the UAV's.

The tech is pretty amazing and functionality is amazing.

They could do so many things with the tech including

- man portable offensive drones with small warheads

- TV guided missiles or bombs

- Targeting pods on jets and helicopters

I guess my Google kungfu were no match for this topic...thanks!

**EDIT** Read over the link you provided, a lot of the options refer to the editor...not sure if it can be crossed over to UAVs and ingame.

Edited by SpanishSurfer