General-aHole

WW2 maps

hello, i am new to this forum about arma 3

i like to know if there is a ww2 mod being build.. and ww2 maps?

because i want to build 2 maps..

1. Nijmegen to arnhem <operation market garden>

2. the siegfried line near saarbrucke

but i am not experianced with L3DT and those kind of software.

i used to make race tracks for gtr2/rfactor using KML files and 3d route builder.

for realistic terrain.

so i am not unexperianced with building mods/addons for games.

but unexperianced with nowdays software and dem files.

can somebody help me with the dem files?

Main issue is there are no WW2 objects to use, I wanted to create a snow map but again i can't create the objects, so my terrain uses A3 objects and a few walls and farm buildings from A2.
I'd also like to do a medieval themed terrain.

Main issue is there are no WW2 objects to use, I wanted to create a snow map but again i can't create the objects, so my terrain uses A3 objects and a few walls and farm buildings from A2.

well thats a bomber.. again i still like to find a good normandy landings sim... i played allmost every game with those landings but never found a good version..

its being or to short like in the medal of honor game.. call of duty i cant remember right now but i believe it was a mod version of cod.. 1 or 2.. but too buggy and too much glitches.

bf1942 sucks bigtime to arcade.

in opf cwc i did use a map i cant remember the name right now but graphics where out dates and op cwc in those times <2003>  pc's where not that strong. so big landings with lots of AI well it did break down one of my pc's back then. so yeah with now days technology  <like my pc intel I7.> thats a thing of the past.

but arma 2 i cant play anymore for some unknown reason.. within startup black screen but game still runs also audio.. i did not update any thing or windows or system config any thing just after normale shutdown it did start to happen first time after 10 min now within a minute... so i stepped up to arma 3.. and no problems at all..

so i am down to arma 3...

but there are so little mods out there for arma 3 that i all most starting to believe arma is a thing of the past.. and thats a shame!!!

but there are so little mods out there for arma 3 that i all most starting to believe arma is a thing of the past.. and thats a shame!!!

Nah, there's new stuff coming out all the time, the main thing lacking are object packs for terrain builders, Poolpunk seems to be the only one doing objects, that's the biggest shame.

• Like 1

Nah, there's new stuff coming out all the time, the main thing lacking are object packs for terrain builders, Poolpunk seems to be the only one doing objects, that's the biggest shame.

yess i know but not the stuff i want.. for example i am fed up with those unrealistic mods like zombie stuff etc.

i play arma series not for just unrealistic but for the realisme..

i did try iron front lite as mod for arma 3 but it meshed up my gui in 2d edtor... every letter where turned in to dots unreadable

and when i delete the mod it turns back to normale...

thats a pitty.

other thing.. richie do you know how to use dem files for arma 3 terrain building?

are you from germany?

other thing.. richie do you know how to use dem files for arma 3 terrain building?

are you from germany?

UK mate, plenty help with terrain building and i don't mind helping.

Better idea, why not learn to make objects ? you make some WW2 objects and i'll work on a terrain with you :)

Better idea, why not learn to make objects ? you make some WW2 objects and i'll work on a terrain with you :)

yeah thats the problem i not so good with 3d object making..

in the past mostly i polished the physics and stuff.  but i want to learn

and gtr2 track building was easy as 1 2 3 with simple kml file and 3d route builder and bobs track builder.

most objects where all ready made in a so called xpack.. so yeah well little childish maybe or at least my experiance in building stuff.

i have visitor 3 installed. <the complete package and let it make its own drive??>

so i give it a try

after first some tutorials about visitor 3...

what kind of objects do you got in mind..

and for what kind of theatre ...

post or late normandy invasion..

btw i am from the not so great soccer country the netherlands...

sorry my english is not my first language, so my gramma may be off.

PS.. i see u need not visitor 3 for objects thats for maps... sorry... little bit "stoned" out here to day :P

after first some tutorials about visitor 3...

what kind of objects do you got in mind..

and for what kind of theatre ...

post or late normandy invasion..

There won't be too much difference, see what you can come up with, I just enjoy terrain building and i'm happy to do any location.

what battle do you like from ww2?

i got a few..

remagen.

arnhem <a bridge too far>

battle for caen

Find an intresting part where a battle was maybe ? something with hills and valleys, forests and open fields, an intresting terrain to travel back and forth.

Find an intresting part where a battle was maybe ? something with hills and valleys, forests and open fields, an intresting terrain to travel back and forth.

how big...  what is a good size map for arma 3 engine ... i mean not to0 big that everybody needs a super pc.. but also not too small

http://postimg.org/image/vpogn1xun/

10,240 is close to Chernarus size, the terrain i'm making now is 20,480.

The bigger a map the more objects to place, that takes the time, the rest is easy enough.

10,240 is close to Chernarus size, the terrain i'm making now is 20,480.

The bigger a map the more objects to place, that takes the time, the rest is easy enough.

what kind of map

btw i got finally iron front lite working with normale gui.

i made 2 map folders now for arma 3  one for afghanistan war...  and one for iron front.. not that i own 2 copy's but  copying the arma 3 map to a differant location

and deleted everything inside that was not mod related or base comunity patch related. did this 2 times one with my other mods and 1 for iron front lite.

copying back all the arma 3 originals files inclusive exe back in those 2 map folders.

now if i want to use iron front i copy move the whole map in to  the original arma 3 location and use arma 3 launcher preset

or if i want to use the other mod map i move the afghanistan mods version back in the original arma 3 location.

it still uses the same arma 3 profile... so basicly  its only a backup but with differant mods hahaha

i think i had some mods that give a conflict between one and a other ..

thats my gui was meshed up..

i know a few maps or area's across 1944-1945 era.

1 wich is a key point after normandy landings..

its bocage plus famous hill 112 and 1 big city "caen"

or a map wich the germans did hold there objectives and or counter attack big time.

its a little bit of house to house fighting.. etc.. look at my link in my post before this one.

but thats little less hilly..  

i see what you mean.. no german bunkers on the omaha beach map etc.

i found one mod in armed assault may be you could ask this guy if you can port that machine gun bunker and anti tank tridents etc  to arma 3

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3022

and this own with a little texture update

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7070

before i forgot to ask..

euhm sounds weirds perhaps,, well i think in germany they got a law that they can not play games or mods with swastika's in it.

here in the netherlands we can.. the only think here about ww2 is a no go is reading mein kampf.. otherwise we are free.

how in your country richie?

so basicly i want to say... better to use the normale german ww2 black and white cross??

That rule only applies in Germany, without going all political i don't agree with it, best not to open that can of worms.

That rule only applies in Germany, without going all political i don't agree with it, best not to open that can of worms.

yes thats true but i ask just incase other ww2 symbols are also in other countrys not allowd..

i most definitly dont want to open that can of worms indeed.

thats why i ask.

other thing i got great news.. about ww2 objects

i am uploading at the moment a youtube clip..

If it's of any help the @MAP will run in A3 if you also run the @GEIST texture pack.

No idea why, it is a kind of minor gaming miracle.

IMHO while we do have the @IF Conversion, WW2 Maps are seriously difficult to find.

Some parts of some maps are OK to an extent, but maps like beton_hurtgen seem extremely rare.

I wish I could help, but building (WW2) Missions is my thing ~ Watching for progress ~ Good Luck!