kocrachon

Modify audio of specific object?

Is there any way to disable or reduce the audio of a specific vehicle or object via editor? Essentially I have a bunch of units who spawn in a static C-17, and jump out. However, the C-17 mod I am using makes the aircraft ungodly loud / painful. So I was looking for a way to turn it down without modifying the mod at all.

You could reduce the overall sound while the player is in the C-17 via

_time fadeSound _volume;

Yeah my only issue is there is no way to force eliminate it. The time in the C-17 May vary based on gearing time. I may use it as a temporary fix until I can find a better option.

Units are not technically "in" the C-17, the C-17 is static via attachto and the players are spawned up in it in a free walk mode. 

Have you considered an addaction earplugs?

Then they can put them in, jump take them out and then they have the luxury of using them if ever the game was too loud for them. Personally I've used this one in every mission I make cause everyone has a different opinion on what's too loud.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26624

Have you considered an addaction earplugs?

Then they can put them in, jump take them out and then they have the luxury of using them if ever the game was too loud for them. Personally I've used this one in every mission I make cause everyone has a different opinion on what's too loud.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26624

Dragon,

I've used this script for a couple missions of mine recently and it works okay. One issue I'm having with it is that once I remove the earplugs, after inserting of course, the selection disappears from the menu, but if I scroll down past the bottom selection(whatever it may be) I can still select insert/remove earplugs even though I can not see the words. Would you be able to tell me how this can be fixed? I've looked through the script and tried a couple of things but can't get the words to show up after initial use.

So sorry, I realize this is like 6 months later but it's been a minute since I've been on the forums. I've not run into that issue myself, but you may want to try contacting the person who made the script on armaholic.