How to overwrite a diary entry?

player createDiaryRecord [
     'Diary',
     [
          'Mission Name',
          'Mission Briefing Text'
     ]
];

How would I go about removing/overwriting this?

I would also be interested in this solution. Even being able to say add more information to the original entry and strike through the proceeding information would work but I've had no luck there either.

afaik you cannot, all you can do is add to the existing data

Terox, would there possibly be a way to create a tree effect. Where you had your main entry with sub entries below it? Where you could strike out or check off something with a trigger?

Perhaps this could be helpful for OP as well if he's attempting to do something similar. Mission I'm working on I wanted to use Intel pick ups for the guides forcing players to figure things out on their own. With several side line objectives it can get pretty clustered.

If that's not possible can you think of another way I might get around that and stay true to my concept. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

as I said before, all you can do is add and you can do that as often as you like creating additional diary records etc. 

For what you are hoping to achieve, would probably be best created in a GUI and then run an action to load the gui.

This way you can edit for example your rscHTML to state whatever you want.

You could even create a mirror image  of the briefing pages so it looks to all intents and purposes the same.

• Like 1

Surely the data is stored in namespace somewhere though. Had a poke through missionNamespace a few days ago and didn't see anything useful. Will poke through uiNamespace and object namespace when I get the chance. 

The Tasks diary is editable, and can be overwritten and deleted, which is why I believe it  must be possible.

I like the ease and simplicity of the concept of diary entries but as a novice mission maker I'll have to defer to more experienced creators advice. If you find a way to make them work please share. I'll have to wait on trying to understand the gui til I'm a bit more experienced I think.