arkhir

US Naval Special Warfare (WIP)

US Naval Special Warfare assets for ArmA III
Units and retextures by Arkhir.
This mod is based and made possible only thanks to RHS, FHQ and TRYK's content.

US NSW is a unit pack that plans to introduce NSW personnel and vehicles to the game. These are meant to be used both as playable and background units for your missions. The mod is going to be released with dependencies; not a standalone version. The reason for that is I want to avoid duplicating content that is already out there, as it is especially painful if you're playing in a community that uses multiple mods.
The pack is planned to introduce assets such as:
- US Naval Special Warfare Development Group and Navy SEAL personnel
- Frogmen and SDV teams
- US Navy Special Warfare Combatant-craft Crewmen
- SOC-R variants*

- ASDS*
- MK V SOC*
- RHIB variants*

Last four are definitely in the scope, but not sure if they'll make it to 1.0 release — I'm still looking for someone who would like to help with modelling such assests, as I am really inexperienced when it comes to that. Message me if you'd be interested.
Release is planned at version 0.5, with divers, SWCC and SEALs done.

Dependencies&thanks:
- TRYK (for his awesome uniforms and vests)
- RHS:USAF (for their cool content, helmets and weapons)
- FHQ (for his extremely well-made accessories)
- BIS (duh!)
- modding community for being awesome

WIP Screenshots:

soonâ„¢

• Like 2

This will compliment the naval warfare pack nicely 

• Like 1

Those AOR1 and AOR2 Ops-Cores are my re-textured RHS Ops-Core helmets. Please do not use those without permission.

• Like 1

Those AOR1 and AOR2 Ops-Cores are my re-textured RHS Ops-Core helmets. Please do not use those without permission.

Really? My friend gave them to me, claiming they are his. He said he has done them from scratch, creating the masks himself; he said he used RHS textures.

I will confront him about your claim, as I'm reluctant to take sides here and believe either one of you for now. I will not release (obviously) until this gets solved.

Big thanks for being civil and informing me about that, if it's not a mistake or misunderstanding :)

I just now noticed the last picture has one of my snakeskin-painted helmets too.

I can provide screen-caps of my Photoshop files if necessary.

• Like 1

IMO the colors are too saturated try toning the saturation down. Do you have any screenshots of them on stratis / altis?

The Gear mod has all 3 cammo variants done with high quality though. I would recommend using his instead of Tryk. But overall looks great. 

IMO the colors are too saturated try toning the saturation down. Do you have any screenshots of them on stratis / altis?

I'll try to see if anything can be done about the saturation, although I'm probably gonna stick to using uniforms and vests from TRYK. I just don't want to introduce another mod duplicating the camos that are available in who knows how many mods out there (for example, in Tryk or The Gear mod)

The textures that came from my friend were indeed stolen. I stopped working with him and removed him for credits.

I have created my own retextures instead.

Working on divers, SWCC, boat and weapon classess for now.

Are the RHS opscore's not also from Sabres SOTG mod for ArmA 2? There he credits Jeffers Pang with these models?

Is this Jeffers Pang?

Are the RHS opscore's not also from Sabres SOTG mod for ArmA 2? There he credits Jeffers Pang with these models?

Is this Jeffers Pang?

Those are indeed Sabre's Ops-Cores from SOTG, not sure if he's a part of the RHS Team now or donated the models.

If you're asking if I'm Jeffers Pang then no, I'm not.

Also in reference to the post asking about NWU Type 1, that camouflage is not worn by members of Naval Special Warfare.

• Like 2