ghosteez

How to change mission parameters Dedicated Server?

Hi there, running a mission on our dedicated and I wanted to edit some parameters. I thought logging in as admin would let me change them but I still can't.

How would one go about this?  

Have a look at TADST, it should have all you need, although you don't actully say what you want to change.

Have a look at TADST, it should have all you need, although you don't actully say what you want to change.

Sorry, when we're in the mission menu, we've voted for a mission and all, and in the lobby there is a top button that says "Mission Parameters" 

It has mission specific things the designer lets you alter.. resource count, AI difficulty, random stuff like that. 

For that you need to de-pbo (kind of like unzipping a file) the mission file.  There are multiple methods for this just google "arma de pbo".

Depbo'ing a mission file will give you a folder with the same name as the mission .pbo file - inside there you will find a file called description.ext

In that file you will find a section called "class Params" - all the mission params are found here and you edit this file to change the defaults.  See here for more info:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Mission_Parameters

For that you need to de-pbo (kind of like unzipping a file) the mission file.  There are multiple methods for this just google "arma de pbo".

Depbo'ing a mission file will give you a folder with the same name as the mission .pbo file - inside there you will find a file called description.ext

In that file you will find a section called "class Params" - all the mission params are found here and you edit this file to change the defaults.  See here for more info:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Mission_Parameters

Is this the only way? Changing mission params never work in dedi lobby?

Ah sorry I thought you meant you wanted to change the default param settings in the mission file itself... If you are logged in as admin you should be able to change the params... if not then there is something wrong with the mission itself.

Sorry for the bump. I have this issue that I can't edit the params in the dedi lobby except this is with an official arma zeus master mission on Tanoa...

This is even when I am logged in as admin.

Any ideas?

Edited by kingpulse

I have the same issue but only for multiplayer missions on Tanoa, Altis and Stratis is fine... sometimes I can enter the Parameter Menu but I am unable to edit anything... 

Hi all - Any solution to this? I have the same problem:

- A mission that was hosted on a dedicated Windows-Server was working fine - This means that Parameters in the lobby could be changed

- Now, I have it on a vServer with Linux and I cannot change the Parameters in the lobby - and also the disabling of the AI is very slow.

The performance of the Server should be OK, I checked the Firewall, which was my thought but I dont see an issue here.

Anybody?

Yeah I know this is an old thread but here's the solution because no one else wants to post it and this is the first link that comes up when you google this issue.

You need to go to the arma3server.cfg file in your server files and remove -autoInit from the server start parameters. (On my install it was enabled by default, might be a linuxgsm thing.)

You can only edit the mission parameters so long as the mission hasn't started, and autoInit automatically starts the mission as soon as it is loaded. This is why you can sometimes edit the mission parameters, because you happen to click the parameters button faster than the server can load the mission.

Also yes you have to be logged in as admin to edit mission parameters.

• Like 1

Hey bro, I have the exact same problem but no -autoInit in my server start parameters file. I cannot select simple thing like time of day ... I wonder if the missions initializes somewhere else too?  
In server.cfg I have autoSelectMission = false; but still the mission seems initialized and waiting for role selection, what is wrong here?

Update: The only way I can make mission parameters to work is using command #missions as logged admin and manually select mission.