silola

[WIP] Terrain "X-Cam-Taunus"

Lol, if there was a pre release i think i'd be involved ;) Just sit tight like the rest of us have to :P

35 minutes ago, officialxtreme said:

Lol, if there was a pre release i think i'd be involved ;) Just sit tight like the rest of us have to :P

OK! I am 56 years old and ain't getting any younger, time is precious to old farts like me. It'd be a darn shame if I was to drop over dead before I got the chance to die a few hundred times on Taunus. No pressure though...:tounge_o: 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Sgt K Cooper said:

OK! I am 56 years old and ain't getting any younger, time is precious to old farts like me. It'd be a darn shame if I was to drop over dead before I got the chance to die a few hundred times on Taunus. No pressure though...:tounge_o: 

You're basically my Grandad, You'll have to come say hello to me and a few of my Milsim friends on this map sometime!

Congrats on your 2 first likes on the BI Forums too!

26 minutes ago, officialxtreme said:

You're basically my Grandad, You'll have to come say hello to me and a few of my Milsim friends on this map sometime!

I would love to drop in and face plant with you gentlemen sometime. I am praying for Taunus to be chosen for our deployment this spring, in fact I am considering bribing our QA team LOL.  We OP on Sundays with about 225-240 Marines deploying across 3 Task Forces, Its really something to see. Our story-lines are deep and immersive and this map lends itself to such real world conditions as we are facing today that the story will only be even more immersive. 

Oh and BTW I am the oldest guy in a unit of 400 active LOL  so I am the Grand Dad

2 minutes ago, Sgt K Cooper said:

I would love to drop in and face plant with you gentlemen sometime. I am praying for Taunus to be chosen for our deployment this spring, in fact I am considering bribing our QA team LOL.  We OP on Sundays with about 225-240 Marines deploying across 3 Task Forces, Its really something to see. Our story-lines are deep and immersive and this map lends itself to such real world conditions as we are facing today that the story will only be even more immersive. 

Seems very interesting, I've recently left a British Phase 1 Training Establishment, might have to pop over and see some of you yanks ;)

Always looking for new folks to meet and go kill some bad guys with. We have a YouTube channel of course that our media team has produced some really nice video's and we have a bunch of guys that Twitch TV the Operations or up load to YT. Look up 15th MEU Arma 3 Realism Unit. I'd post a link but I hate trolling.

• Like 1

okay...you `ve had your moment...now stop advertising please...back to topic gents

Regards

Chaser

Hi,

today I will try to push down the hype a little bit :down:

- Taunus looks not like at all the pictures I've posted.
- The performance is horrible
- Many missplaced objects
- Taunus at night looks really awfull
- Currently no dust on all the surfaces
- Many missplaced roads
- Many not enterable houses
- The 3 large citys not really playable
- The AI is mostly not able to interact correctly with the large densety of objects

- The sat, mask and the clutter definition is all but not really perfect
- Many other bugs and issues.

Silola

Liking your post feels wrong.

Any plans to address these issues? Or at least some priorities assigned? I'd suspect the AI issues would be top of the list.

1 hour ago, silola said:

Hi,

- Many missplaced roads
- The AI is mostly not able to interact correctly with the large densety of objects

Silola

&?&# it! We'll do it live!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, weaponsfree said:

&?&# it! We'll do it live!

He knows. I'm still hyped as heck for the map, it's amazing

1 hour ago, mondkalb said:

Liking your post feels wrong.

Any plans to address these issues? Or at least some priorities assigned? I'd suspect the AI issues would be top of the list.

i think we will adress some of the issues later in a patch.

AI is something we cannot handle by our own...i think this is more an issue/feature of the BI Arma engine and how the AI is handling their pathfinding.

Only thing we could do is built Taunus like Altis widely opened compounds and so on...

Internally we have something like priorities...

Regards

Chaser

• Like 2

2 hours ago, silola said:

Hi,

Hahaha  nice try...but no chance

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

What does the 3 large cities not being playable mean?

I'm guessing he means as far as the mount of objects in them. Causes FPS to drop drastically and cause lag issues.

3 hours ago, silola said:

Hi,

- Many missplaced roads

Silola

Still would love to play it regardless of these issues :)

6 hours ago, silola said:

Hi,

- Many missplaced roads

Silola

Almost had me until I read number five "Currently no dust on all the surfaces" :sigh: Then I saw number six....

For me, this project was never about being playable or not. It was always about what is possible to build in Arma 3.

I'm following this Map for almost a year now and I was always impressed by your work and the creativity you have. I knew for about half a year that this amount of detail will be a problem for the performance.

You guys made one of the best Map Projects for Arma, but Arma isn't ready for it, yet.

Now a little part in german, sorry for that.

Leute, ich wünsche euch viel Glück auf eurem weiteren Weg, es ist schade das ein paar von euch von der Arma Modding Szene distanzieren wollen, aber ich kann es durchaus verstehen.

Ihr habt meinen vollen Respekt für die Arbeit die ihr geleistet habt verdient, und ich freue mich durch jeden quadratmeter der Karte zu bewegen und jedes Detail zu bewundern.

Vielen Dank für eure Leistungen.

• Like 5

don't let any hype pressure you. anyone with common sense knows that just the fact alone that you're doing this in arma is a challenge. problems are guaranteed. also and most important, it's free. so anyone complaining at all is out of their minds anyways.

having an unfinished map with many nice areas is worth a million times more than never releasing anything because you're being to much of a perfectionist. both to us and you. usually having a milestone releases also takes a lot of weight off your shoulders. no one in their right mind will expect you to perfectly go the whole way without ever taking a rest.

in short. don't give too many fucks. it's just a game. it's a hobby, it's supposed to be fun, remember? i know it can be easy to forget. been there.

• Like 9

Low framerate is just a extra level of difficulty

Broken AI is what makes arma the gem it is. Being as unexpected as people are in real wars.

NOTHING has ever stopped us from playing insane large maps and missions with no frames before... Why should it now?

It sucks when the artistic freedom of creators is limited to the engine's ability to run the content...

However sometimes I do feel as maps should be designed around gameplay rather than around realism...

Would it be possible to have a smaller version of the map as well, similar to Southern Sahrani and Sahrani ?