silola

[WIP] Terrain "X-Cam-Taunus"

That Airport, most amazing!

Gonna be a challenge to get Arma civilian AI to look in any way natural in that seemingly complex structure, but damned if I don't try! Otherwise I can picture it sandbagged and fortified, making for a pretty sweet setpiece mission.

Can't wait!

22 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

Hey guys, while preparing body and mind for this paragon...regarding AIA TP...there are 3 different versions, Full, Lite and Data...which pack is recommended for running Taunus.

Thanks. 

as said already, keep waiting

27 minutes ago, weaponsfree said:

That Airport, most amazing!

Gonna be a challenge to get Arma civilian AI to look in any way natural in that seemingly complex structure, but damned if I don't try! Otherwise I can picture it sandbagged and fortified, making for a pretty sweet setpiece mission.

Can't wait!

AI could be/will be a problem wich we cannot handle..it´s more like a behaviour of the engine and the AI

For example in some areas AI will run through walls houses etc

there are places where the AI will run properly and other locations where you should leave AI a bit behind...

Regards

Chaser

Please don't listen to memphisbelle ... he is out of date ;-)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, silola said:

Please don't listen to memphisbelle ... he is out of date ;-)

Looooooooooooooooool

• Like 1

OMG! The Airport looks fantastic! You guys are really dope!

Now this is getting more comments it's reminding me of my sexual need for this map lol

I know this will be released together with the new RHS update  :)))

will be my best Christmas ever ....

I can't wait, hopefully it comes before christmas, i wanna port my work over before i take a break for christmas with family etc

40 minutes ago, eh chaser said:

AI could be/will be a problem wich we cannot handle..it´s more like a behaviour of the engine and the AI

For example in some areas AI will run through walls houses etc

there are places where the AI will run properly and other locations where you should leave AI a bit behind...

Regards

Chaser

Thanks for the info. I assumed this would be the case with this kind of building. Some waypoints, some idle animations, some airplane mods and I might be able to simulate an airport in service.

Otherwise a fortified, sandbagged, booby trapped airport of death should be easier to create and fun as heck to attack.

Cheers

3 minutes ago, weaponsfree said:

Thanks for the info. I assumed this would be the case with this kind of building. Some waypoints, some idle animations, some airplane mods and I might be able to simulate an airport in service.

Otherwise a fortified, sandbagged, booby trapped airport of death should be easier to create and fun as heck to attack.

Cheers

oh you mean the airport building?! 

never tested it there^^

i was talking on AI behavior on the whole map

Regards

Chaser

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

I know this will be released together with the new RHS update  :)))

will be my best Christmas ever ....

would be awesome...but we can only take care about taunus... :don11:

Just now, eh chaser said:

would be awesome...but we can only take care about taunus... :don11:

I have a slight feeling there's going to be a post on here in a day or so saying it's delayed ... XD

Just now, officialxtreme said:

I have a slight feeling there's going to be a post on here in a day or so saying it's delayed ... XD

would be better then "stopped" or "cancelled", isn´t it?:f:

but relax, i have a slightly feeling that u can have a stroke when we say "release is now" :dozingoff:

• Like 2

Just now, eh chaser said:

would be better then "stopped" or "cancelled", isn´t it?:f:

but relax, i have a slightly feeling that u can have a stroke when we say "release is now" :dozingoff:

It would, and haha, i'll be thinking you guys are trolling me XD

2 minutes ago, officialxtreme said:

It would, and haha, i'll be thinking you guys are trolling me XD

No i´m not trolling you...just keep calm and wait a liiiiitle bit more. IF something is happening we will let you guys know it here

1 minute ago, eh chaser said:

No i´m not trolling you...just keep calm and wait a liiiiitle bit more. IF something is happening we will let you guys know it here

Thanks for the constant responses :)

Just now, officialxtreme said:

Thanks for the constant responses :)

you`re welcome :f:

• Like 1

Any chance you guys have more screenshots of the main town / towns ? Just so i can pre plan a few things :)

1 hour ago, officialxtreme said:

Any chance you guys have more screenshots of the main town / towns ? Just so i can pre plan a few things :)

just go backwards on this thread..there are plenty of em

Regards

Chaser

With so many pages I may have missed this, but is there an estimate on download size? Reason I ask is the map will most likely appear on our public server and possibly and as an Operations map this coming spring deployment. Our concern as always is the people who for some reason are stuck in the 1990's with 56k modems, not really but you get my drift.

29 minutes ago, Sgt K Cooper said:

With so many pages I may have missed this, but is there an estimate on download size? Reason I ask is the map will most likely appear on our public server and possibly and as an Operations map this coming spring deployment. Our concern as always is the people who for some reason are stuck in the 1990's with 56k modems, not really but you get my drift.

Not atm, sorry.

Regards

Chaser