silola

[WIP] Terrain "X-Cam-Taunus"

hello team,

first of all i have to say its a outstanding work.

i m relatively new to terrain building &CO, so one question:

how did u manage the lighting "downgrade" of the 1.60 update?

i didnt read in this thread how u guys fixed the problem, or if not what are your opinions how to fix it.

thank u for that lovely map

The honor goes to...Memphis Belle and the help of some other great community members...aaaand a f*cking bunch of trial and error...

Maybe we will have a look at the documentation but for the moment we are satisfied with the look and feel we have found.

Regards

Chaser

• Like 3

The honor goes to...Memphis Belle and the help of some other great community members...aaaand a f*cking bunch of trial and error...

Maybe we will have a look at the documentation but for the moment we are satisfied with the look and feel we have found.

Thanks for the Credits, Chaser. But thats not the whole thing.

Credits also goes to t-800a and his awesome visualisation tool based on a Excel sheet. He has spend dozens of hours to figure out the Magic of Visual Basic and created a tool where one can play around with the different values before one is about to edit the actual config.
But to be clear, the whole Team is OK with the result but not fully satisfied. We decided to finish Taunus to become it available for the Community, but the new Lighting Engine has still its traces here and there which still bothers us as before.
  • Like 1

There should be some way to restore the old version 1.58  ligthing o a module  setup game  that can play in old version and new version maybe tomorrow maybe in six months its the only way .I dont know

if i only person  when i see the all maps now (except Tanoa ,Altis, Stratis of course...) its so ugly that my eyes burning :(

• Like 2

There should be some way to restore the old version 1.58  ligthing o a module  setup game  that can play in old version and new version maybe tomorrow maybe in six months its the only way .I dont know

if i only person  when i see the all maps now (except Tanoa ,Altis, Stratis of course...) its so ugly that my eyes burning :(

Perhaps this could be of use?

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/191021-160-terrain-config-update-example/

In the meanwhile I like the new lighting, but only at midday :)
But at early morning, for example, it looks horrible :o ... that's my opinion.

xKcoCiP.jpg

AguNnYt.jpg

roIgFSH.jpg

R7A4P8p.jpg

J2jhnds.jpg

K7bqCgb.jpg

H9M90sP.jpg

xY5jDGC.jpg

Full album: http://imgur.com/a/S5dlC

Silola

• Like 18

I hate how the shadow affects the clutter, but thats also on Tanoa/Altis/Stratis...

I think it looks great with the new lighting. 

Me too.Anyway-A map this amazing, you could colour the sky with pink polka dots and it would still look great

• Like 3

Me too.Anyway-A map this amazing, you could colour the sky with pink polka dots and it would still look great

LOL

Silola, would you be so kind to start paying my dental and medical bills, this has been like what the 6th time i had to have my jaw get placed back after it dropped on the ground.

(Stunning work as always ;) )

• Like 2

I think it looks great with the new lighting. 

http://imgur.com/a/zO0Ej

Seriously?......you think that this pictures from old lighting1.58 . Take a look and now see the new pictures .... i understand if your personal opinion but in general..C'mon guys, let's just try real To be critical with our problem.

Wow, that Sports Center looks amazing! It's almost a shame to imagine tank shells blowing up all this amazing scenery.

• Like 1

Hallo

erstmal muss ich sagen, dass es beiweiten die Beste Map ist die ich kenne.

Eine Frage hätte ich da mal, habt ihr schon ein ungefähres Release Datum.

MFG Maik

http://imgur.com/a/zO0Ej

Seriously?......you think that this pictures from old lighting1.58 . Take a look and now see the new pictures .... i understand if your personal opinion but in general..C'mon guys, let's just try real To be critical with our problem.

The Lighting in my opinion was an improvement, what now needs work is the shade aspects of the new lighting as there is virtually no shade behind buildings. I like how bright the game is now though, and the extra fps the new lighting brings is nice.

Hallo

erstmal muss ich sagen, dass es beiweiten die Beste Map ist die ich kenne.

Eine Frage hätte ich da mal, habt ihr schon ein ungefähres Release Datum.

MFG Maik

Please stick to english language in this Forums,

at first, you dont know the map yet :D. All that you know are images ;).

We are not providing any sort of information according to a release. It´s a Team decission to keep the map unpublished

until we have finished the work. We are not about to release a Prealpha-, Alpha- or Betaversion. Once the map is finished and 

a release is close so we´ll inform the Community about this. All that I can tell you now is that most parts of the map have already been

finished. Once we´re done with placing Objects, we possibly might have to do some adjustments here and there. So we cant really tell you

how long this process will still take. The actual part that we are working on is a huge town and its surrounding environments, that will still take some time.

You guys are doing some stellar work! Who are doing all the new buildings? They look really professional made..

Believe it or not, but besides an experienced Addon builder we have on Board, one Person in the Team had absolutely nothings to do with building Addons...untill now.

He more or less figured his new Talent just recently so to speak, and believe me when I say that this was a huge hidden Talent that he has. I wont say now who has created those Addons, as he will

come out with his work once he feels to do so. 

I've been following this project for a while now and I cannot wait to get a chance to have a look around this beautiful terrain. I know the new lighting changed the feel of the environment somewhat, but looking at the latest screens I forget about all that and just think what a great job you guys have done, and it still looks amazing.

• Like 2

I got a chance to watch some of it...

EO dragged me from my nap to watch lol...

Really amazing stuff guys...

Really...

• Like 2