silola

[WIP] Terrain "X-Cam-Taunus"

What silola said,

This map is obviously made 1:1 to the real life terrain, regarding heightmap and areas (forests, villages etc.).

From what I know is that most vanilla arma maps are made with a ratio of 2:3 (i.e. altis) which can feel odd, at least it does for me.

Seeing Taunus screenshots that are authentic as hell is a special gem for me, every friday (please don't stop).

Cheers

I think that is what ,makes the difference-the height map. I was on the beach near my house the other day and it is backed by very high sand dunes with little paths and roads through them.It made me think if all the covert landings I have done on the beaches of Altis and how unrealistically flat it feels and the scaling is just not right.

It does feel odd as you said-there are not enough steep sided ditches or valleys etc-too much gentle curving. Your map seems to really have addressed that :)

The screenshots show incredible attention to detail and they look very authentic. There are several rivers in the real Taunus region. I wonder whether some of them will be in the map even if this would probably mean that technically you'd have to make islands separated by thin stretches of sea?  I liked the river in the old Celle map which provided some interesting gameplay with bridges that served as choke-points and boats and amphibious vehicles which could be meaningful as tactical assets.

Shit ... forgotten to add rivers ... damn ... sorry my fault.

Save your money for new hardware ... :lol:

i5 3570k @4.8GHZ, 2666er ram and R290 @ 1200Mhz not enough?? I don´t think so for arma3.

Shit ... forgotten to add rivers ... damn ... sorry my fault.

Can I have an Eiffel Tower, some swamps and 2 french fries please ? :) 

• Like 2

There are no river in this region Taunus. Seen tactically there are plenty of other maps that you can use. Here it is tactically more to fight in large forest areas. There will be at Taunus no sea. Why at all these questions on an almost finished map ?

Only 1 anwser to that, cuz people don't think before they request stuff here on the forums.... :|

He was simply asking a question and stating how much he liked the river on the Celle map, no request, at least that's what I'm reading.

Cheers

It's so hard to hold up the motivation every damn day :(

Full album: http://imgur.com/a/O5hCn

Greetings

Silola

Beautiful doesn't even begin to describe it.

• Like 1

He was simply asking a question and stating how much he liked the river on the Celle map, no request, at least that's what I'm reading.

Cheers

easy boys ;-)

as stated before....this question was answered multiple times...

but i can do it one last time. there will be no rivers on taunus because arma didnt offer any support for rivers and ponds above 0 MSL.

yes we know that there are some ways to do it somehow, but if so we would destroy the hightmap, and we would have to do rivers like 100m deep with a big canyon right and left of it. we simply don´t want to do it that way.

have a nice weekend

regards

Chaser

• Like 2

Silola & team, amazing work you're doing. Can't wait to put my team on your masterpiece soon ;)

• Like 6

If you released this map with a couple of units, weapons and vehicles, it could literally be considered a new Expansion. That's how good this map looks, it's crazy.

• Like 3

If you released this map with a couple of units, weapons and vehicles, it could literally be considered a new Expansion. That's how good this map looks, it's crazy.

I think there is no need to do units or vehicles by ourselfes...

Just put BW Mod on it or Use some RHS factions and it should fit the german warfare feeling...*sounds wrong but u know what i mean*

Regards

Chaser

• Like 4

6m557Zb.jpg

160 hours till now...still not finished...

good night everyone  :)

Chaser

• Like 9

Dammit. I've read Foxhound instead of foxone and though he posted his usual "release" post =) grr...

• Like 4

Dammit. I've read Foxhound instead of foxone and though he posted his usual "release" post =) grr...

Hahaha, Got you ;) :P

I wonder if Ryd' would be willing to mod his Pilgrimage mission to work with this,... :P

this varied urban layout is just what we need. it's going to be a blast exploring this through combat.

• Like 1

hello team,

first of all i have to say its a outstanding work.

i m relatively new to terrain building &CO, so one question:

how did u manage the lighting "downgrade" of the 1.60 update?

i didnt read in this thread how u guys fixed the problem, or if not what are your opinions how to fix it.

thank u for that lovely map