silola

[WIP] Terrain "X-Cam-Taunus"

Amazing!!! :D

Hey @foxone, do you recognize picture number 5 and 6 again? You´ve watched my stream when I started to work on that village :)

• Like 1

Hey @foxone, do you recognize picture number 5 and 6 again? You´ve watched my stream when I started to work on that village :)

Now that you mention it, yes i do, looks bloody gorgeous :D

Damn! Great progress guys. Now I just need a narrative that justifies a NATO/CSAT showdown in rural Germany.

Damn! Great progress guys. Now I just need a narrative that justifies a NATO/CSAT showdown in rural Germany.

hmm..u could name it cold war maybe? B) 

there should be plenty of stories available in that time periode..

Thanks for the kind words buddy.

Regards

Chaser

• Like 1

hmm..u could name it cold war maybe? B) 

there should be plenty of stories available in that time periode..

Thanks for the kind words buddy.

Regards

Chaser

And use RHS :)

Im on vacation in France. Will look for inspiration out here :p

1PYdibE.jpg

and another 12h of work today...

the reason of this little shot is...often you don´t see the progress on a screenshot at all, but we are working pretty hard to bring this beauty to you guys as soon as possible with the highest quality ever seen in the Arma series. so stay tuned and remember..every friday we try to post screenshots of the weekly progress, but often it has been made in a different way as you think..sometimes it is bugfixing, sometimes placing new villages or road objects.

Hope to see you in the future on Taunus  :)

• Like 12

This map is just so fancy! Every picture you release makes it look absolutely amazing. I can't wait to try it out :)

• Like 1

Hope to see you in the future on Taunus  :)

I also hope to see yourself in the Taunus. But for that I need a link to download.  :rolleyes:

Looks gorgeous. Have you spoken to Opteryx about some of his custom new buildings most would compliment nicely ?

• Like 1

Amazing looking map, but I still believe that map would look much better with the old lighting in the game. However great job!

• Like 1

3CB's new DPM woodland camo is going to fit perfectly on this map

Great work, keep it up

• Like 1

Lovely. Yeah, since the new lighting, I often see very aggressive (kind of "hottest day in European Juli") light. On some maps, some kind of gamma effect which... looks a slight fog overlay.

Spectacular work!  This will be a great map once it is released for the masses.

This map looks awesome! In what country this map is?

Germany mate

Amazing.Every time you release pics I am more impressed. The little things are what make it great-like the playground, and the road signs etc. I'm a little worried about my framerate though ;) How is the map performing with all of those objects in it?

Amazing.Every time you release pics I am more impressed. The little things are what make it great-like the playground, and the road signs etc. I'm a little worried about my framerate though ;) How is the map performing with all of those objects in it?

And relatex to this, anyone know if map object count is more CPU or GPU? AI count hits CPU as far as I know, but map object count?

Basicly ... the more objects/geometry are visible, the more work is needed for the CPU and GPU.

Taunus performes not like Takistan, because Takistan has much lower object density, for example.

In order to get good framerates @Taunus ... reduce the viewdistance first !!

You can't play Taunus@60FPS unless you use 500m viewdistance ;)

For me it's working like this:

Viewdistance 2000m >>> 32-50 FPS >>> depending on the area I'm looking at (the most settings on hight/very hight)

My system: i72600k@default >>> GTX 780 >>> 16GB Ram >>> @1920x1080

Silola

• Like 9

Glad to see that this is still being worked up, despite the troubles encountered after the visual update.