silola

[WIP] Terrain "X-Cam-Taunus"

Hello guys,

i just want to let you know, that we are still alive.

ATM there has no progress been made. The last 2 Updates including the lighting has thrown us with 200km/h on a wall. 

We have got a lot more work which has to be done before we can continue this project.

Bohemia has offered help on twitter and if some of the devs is in the mood to help us getting the lighting back to the old look and feel as it was before the upgrade it would be appreciated.

We will inform you as soon as we can/are willing to continue this map asap.

Meanwhile we all have to wait till the problems/issues/personal opinion is fixed/back on track to a level which is needed to bring you an "as best as we can" experience as we ever wanted to do in the past.

Regards Chaser

• Like 4

Taunus is not a desert, Taunus is not a jungle. I work at a Central European environment, What was so completely well even before the update. The work of several months would be destroyed with a patch. My motivation is in the basement. Taunus is no longer Taunus as I would like to. If this can not be improved with the shadows and it remains so bright in the forests, it was for me. until then I will not waste time and labor to invest more. These are my 5 cents to this thema.

Hello guys,

i just want to let you know, that we are still alive.

ATM there has no progress been made. The last 2 Updates including the lighting has thrown us with 200km/h on a wall. 

We have got a lot more work which has to be done before we can continue this project.

Bohemia has offered help on twitter and if some of the devs is in the mood to help us getting the lighting back to the old look and feel as it was before the upgrade it would be appreciated.

We will inform you as soon as we can/are willing to continue this map asap.

Meanwhile we all have to wait till the problems/issues/personal opinion is fixed/back on track to a level which is needed to bring you an "as best as we can" experience as we ever wanted to do in the past.

Regards Chaser

Taunus is not a desert, Taunus is not a jungle. I work at a Central European environment, What was so completely well even before the update. The work of several months would be destroyed with a patch. My motivation is in the basement. Taunus is no longer Taunus as I would like to. If this can not be improved with the shadows and it remains so bright in the forests, it was for me. until then I will not waste time and labor to invest more. These are my 5 cents to this thema.

This is 100% understandable on all accounts. I do hope that BI works with you guys to rectify the issue. This terrain is amazingly detailed and gorgeous. From all the pictures you can tell  it fits all types of game modes. Take as much time as you need and may the BI gods be in your favor.

hotzenplotz, doesnt CUP have fitting lighting configs for your project now?

if you need help with setting up appropriate lighting for your map maybe we can have a chat but i am allready invovled in another project eventhough i got relatively little time.

are you on discord maybe?​

• Like 1

hotzenplotz, doesnt CUP have fitting lighting configs for your project now?

if you need help with setting up appropriate lighting for your map maybe we can have a chat but i am allready invovled in another project eventhough i got relatively little time.

are you on discord maybe?​

They helped out a lot, the problem is that the results are not the ones that have been expected by some of us. As soon as we´ve figured out some internal issues so I may be get in contact with you again if it is ok for you.

According to chasers post.

As soon as the team has figured its internal issues, we´ll get in direct contact with BIS to ask for further help as they´ve offered in Twitter.

It´s my personal goal to finish Taunus and realease it to the public...Taunus is too much important to me and I wouldn´t bury it just because of that new Situation...

my 2 Cents.

• Like 6

Finally a german Map. :D I am pleased about that.

Hi,

we've tried a lot of things and settings and I've changed the detail textures and the clutter objects a bit, but that's the maximum you can expect I think. Hope you like it.

hHp7zop.jpg

vBDyrPA.jpg

pL6eiit.jpg

pbxVTT6.jpg

ztiERAr.jpg

XLdex7Q.jpg

LkT6pKk.jpg

uk1E4Au.jpg

Full album: http://imgur.com/a/wA2rL

Silola

• Like 23

That's awesome !

Glad you sorted the rendering issue, wasn't afraid of it to be honest. Even with the post-tanoa render, your work was awesome.

Keep going !

Btw, did you notice a perf gain with the way they improved LOD distance recently ?

I think it looks splendid!! (I feel like Jay Crowe now, after saying "splendid", LOL)

• Like 1

I think it looks great.
If you are interested I can try to color grade Taunus especially to your likings if you give me some sort of reference image material. It would be a ReShade preset which comes on top of the general visual output of the game itself and post processes some effects or color changes.

Would like to help to feel you comfortable with the look again.

Best Regards

Solano

• Like 2

Excellent!

I am very glad that you did not stop the progress.

I look forward to the download link Taunus.

Well that looks pretty much like germany in summer. Have you checked the look while rain or cloudy time ?

In any case I would say you guys found a solution to work around the Apex Lightnings.

Where is the donate button ?  I bet pizza and beer is appreciated by you while working on this baby.

• Like 1

... we have not found any solution and we are still disappointed by the lightning. Especially the shadow-representation looks very bad (it looks not like a modern game), but that's just our personal impression.

We have just realized that there is no proper solution available for all our problems.

Silola

We have just realized that there is no proper solution available for all our problems.

Silola

I wouldn't say that.

I invite you all to join my discord server so we can talk a bit about the possibilities of color grading if you like.

Können auch gerne darüber mal voice chatten ;)

Here is the link: https://discord.gg/A5a3JHG

Regards

... we have not found any solution and we are still disappointed by the lightning. Especially the shadow-representation looks very bad (it looks not like a modern game), but that's just our personal impression.

Silola

I'm glad despite your reservations you are keeping the project alive. Although I suspect you guys see this project more of an almost artistic project rather than a gameplay sandbox, you have many many fans eager to blow &*$% up inside your canvas.

So many thanks again :)

• Like 1

Looks great! Maybe it is possible to have all 4 Seasons of the Map?

Silola

When reading your initial feedback on the new lighting, I first thought you guys were being somehow defeatist...

But after giving a good long try to many maps after the Apex update, I am more and more coming to the same conclusion. While the visual update does look splendid on Altis (and Tanoa), I'm finding myself more reluctant to launch ported Arma2 maps or terrains using Arma2 assets nowadays. Especially the greenish ones like Chernarus or Esseker : the contrast between some of the tree models and clutters totally breaks it for me... Apex pretty much killed the visual cohesion for those terrains.

That being said... Porting Arma2 terrains (and their assets) to Arma3 has been quite an history since Kju's first version of All in Arma, and I'm pretty sure it's not the end of it.

If you haven't already, have a look at MetalCraze's work for the next CUP update... ;)

Upcoming CUP update (hopefully) deals with the overly bright white colors and some oversaturation on european maps.

1.2.0:

Ik5Cq8C.jpg

Upcoming:

FecsPXh.jpg

Nights were also improved, being slightly brighter when moonlit than before as well as getting a more realistic, blue tone. Same night tweaks could've been already seen on deserts, except star brightness was slightly increased versus 1.2.0 for both environments.

1.2.0:

vrc5FZx.jpg

Upcoming:

7OrPv0g.jpg

1.2.0:

HXLaWYh.jpg

Upcoming:

Taygh4a.jpg

zY8KEcX.gif

• Like 1

Nice, but guys, turn ATOC off in screenshots, it looks terrible IMO. Like a comic, or water painting.

• Like 1

Squeeeee!! :D :D :D 

So good to see a new update on this. I'm more excited about this map than anything else Arma related. 

It looks beautiful

Hey silola you know what that looks good to my fussy eyes. Perhaps not as dynamically rich as your original but must be 80-90% there. Top job. I run Solano's real light mod as well so I'm super excited to see this finalised. Will look amazing !