silola

[WIP] Terrain "X-Cam-Taunus"

but maybe not the best for BIS as a company..they want to make money..that´s okay for everyone in here but i think they don´t get money if they would spend some free content to mapmakers...

it´s the opposite..they have to invest money and maybe then...someone wants to play taunus more then tanoa and they can´t sell their own map anymore  :D

More assets are an investment in the future IMO.  They could sell them as DLCs. BIS give us 100 GB asset databases NAO ;)

In the year 2370, I want to play Arma 5 in a nice urban environment, lets say, Tokyo, with not only... 100 houses... but, as it is a mega city.. 200 different ones :)

• Like 1

Hi,

the work goes on ... every day ... but currently with slow progress ...

wdVBEma.jpg

lLEqzaw.jpg

hCPjlDy.jpg

LpBuvld.jpg

Jq9ANIc.jpg

kRGi0SA.jpg

sbUlydA.jpg

inIzm8x.jpg

Full album: http://imgur.com/a/qdAU1

Silola

• Like 17

Stunning map.  Look forward to it's release, as it seems like it would be a great European theater map.  

Any ETA?

I'm glad this is coming out so I can just enjoy freely couple of weeks with SBP Team and guys joining our events on this beauty - you're putting insane amount of dedication & hours into this project, hats off ;) 

• Like 2

Stunning map.  Look forward to it's release, as it seems like it would be a great European theater map.  

Any ETA?

The map is based on the German Taunus Mountain with the huge Feldberg pretty much to the center...well, more or less. The Satmap and the hightfield are representing the original Area, except for many altered urban areas which have been replaced by greenlands and some forests in order to keep the urban Areas smaller. We also were forced to make some compromisses with the heightfield, but those shouldnt be a Problem for those who know the Area in real life.

According the ETA question...I remember what T-800 told in this post so now we are at...let me calculate...when it´s done plus 8 Month I suppose...sometime someone made the same mistake again and asked hahaha  :D.

No, honestly...even if we´re making a decent progress, we cant and we wont say anythings about a release as there´s still much work left to do. When we feel the map is ready for a public release, so we´ll let you guys know.

Can someone please tape my jaw back, cause it keeps on dropping when i look on this thread.

Great works, keep it up!!!

• Like 4

Thats why I have still arma3 installed.....a peace of art...

Are the screens made with dev-version (new visuals)?

Hi,

the work goes on ... every day ... but currently with slow progress ...

wdVBEma.jpg

lLEqzaw.jpg

hCPjlDy.jpg

LpBuvld.jpg

Jq9ANIc.jpg

kRGi0SA.jpg

sbUlydA.jpg

inIzm8x.jpg

Full album: http://imgur.com/a/qdAU1

Silola

iiiiii waaaaaaannntttt iiiiiitttttt! *drewling*

Would make a superb survival map. though, one question. Why no road lines?

Thats why I have still arma3 installed.....a peace of art...

Are the screens made with dev-version (new visuals)?

Nope, still stable..

iiiiii waaaaaaannntttt iiiiiitttttt! *drewling*

Would make a superb survival map. though, one question. Why no road lines?

Some roads have lines other not. Depends on the type of road ;-)

• Like 2

Arrrggg.. This map cannot come fast enough.  I am looking for a large, European map for use with Alive. 
There are really not enough mainland Euro maps to go with A3.  Everything is a damn Island. :(

I am really looking for something that could be used for Belarus, Ukraine, something along the border with Russia. Hopefully this fits the bill :D

Will the map feature an airfield? The Flugplatz Anspach-Taunus for example?

Edit: Found an announcement earlier on :)

Taunus will have 2 Airports, one Airport in the North East Corner and another (much bigger) one in the lower south west Corner of the map. Both are not yet finished, but the one in the south will have several Runways while the one in the North is rather to be considered a Military Airfield.

• Like 2

Loving all the little details, screenshot 5 with the barns under reconstruction is just amazing. This will be one mesmeric map. 

• Like 1

Sorry, but we have stopped the work @Taunus.

Since the last (visual) update ... Taunus looks terrible.

The whole color harmony is gone.
Also, all the nice looking shadow areas are not available anymore.

So many hours of work destroyed within a minute :(

Below some pics in order to see the difference atm...

s5IPgdq.jpg

brIgpjJ.jpg

tAyjOD5.jpg

The whole Taunus team hopes for a simple solution.

Of course there are some realy nice parts within the (visual) update ... so for example the water and cloud rendering now looks amazing,

but we are a bit disapointed about the terrain and object visualisation.

X-Cam-Team

• Like 2

Sorry, but we have stopped the work @Taunus.

Since the last (visual) update ... Taunus looks terrible.

The whole color harmony is gone.

Also, all the nice looking shadow areas are not available anymore.So many hours of work destroyed within a minute :(

Below some pics in order to see the difference atm...

s5IPgdq.jpg

brIgpjJ.jpg

tAyjOD5.jpg

The whole Taunus team hopes for a simple solution.

Of course there are some realy nice parts within the (visual) update ... so for example the water and cloud rendering now looks amazing,

but we are a bit disapointed about the terrain and object visualisation.

X-Cam-Team

Real sad to hear this, and i have to agree it looks terrible.

Just to confirm, will you guys continue on this when the visuals will be fixed?

• Like 1

Uhm...what...? You stopped development just because of some visual update? Is this a joke?

Uhm...what...? You stopped development just because of some visual update? Is this a joke?

I can understand this, As a Artist myself, if you have an idé on a project and a goal with it. And then the thing you work on and the Visual in your head  got smashed to bits. Then the project will feel like a real bother to work on. And becuse they also do it for free. 

I obviously can't speak for Silola or the Taunus team, but I completely understand where they're coming from. When you put an ungodly amount of hours into a project, you start getting an eye for the details. Having the visuals completely change midway through development doesn't affect the map in a gameplay sense, sure, but the devil is in the details. The terrain pre-1.60 has a completely different mood than post-1.60. If the Taunus team doesn't want to release the terrain with the current state of the visuals I think we should respect their vision and decision.

Really sucks to hear this. However I understand. Hopefully BI does something to fix the texture visuals.

So many maps look like crap thanks to the new visuals!! I understand Silola and the decision to pause all work until further notice. I don't believe that BIS will fix this because there is nothing to fix really. THey took the decision to implement new visuals and now we all have to adapt  not them. 

• Like 1