silola

[WIP] Terrain "X-Cam-Taunus"

All your damn news are mind blowing at max level! The high altitude panoramic screens are looking so fcking real!!

@performance

Instead of spending additional time for the developers in a low density version I suggest to "invest" a little bit time for every user to go into graphics menu and lower object view distance. I think performance depends not only on the total amount of objects but on the kind of objects. Remember chernarus. Fir trees up to the horizont have less performance impact than a bunch of broadleafs for example.

• Like 1

500 republic credits.

This map look so fking huge with the screenshots, but its "only" 20x20 :D

I wouldn't say "only"... 10x10 usually takes month-months ;)

• Like 1

I hope optimize for performance because I love the this map

I believe in silola, and that he will create a quality map, with attention to detail. 

I wouldn't say "only"... 10x10 usually takes month-months ;)

well altis also a 20x20 with, well water around it :D

So it's normal size :P

Well, to the performance. I perceived that houses take a lot of performance. i flew with 3km over forest, i had around 30 fps. in Kavala my performance dies to 10-15 fps 

I think the fear is unnecessary

So geometric occluders don't help the performance (not rending things you don't actually see)? I think that depends on your PC quite a lot.

So geometric occluders don't help the performance (not rending things you don't actually see)? I think that depends on your PC quite a lot.

Dont know exactly what you mean, but at least my object distance and view distance were on 3km ^^ But even if you cant see object which are in you Object distance, they will influence your performance.

And of course it depends on you PC :D

that looks truly amazing!! i hope the arma ai will handle this well. especially concerning pathfinding on the road with all the details, bridges etc....

keep up the good work!

ps: on some older screens there were some "killhouse-type" buildings that looked a little bit like placeholders. do you plan to upgrade these?

As for occlusion I don't think it is in the engine yet for Arma3. Dayz is advertising it as something underway

ps: on some older screens there were some "killhouse-type" buildings that looked a little bit like placeholders. do you plan to upgrade these?

No, because we try to avoid huge amounts of useless data just for one or two buildings..and the lack of proper building assets leads us to place buildings like the killhouses, also to bring a bit of variety into the cities and villages.

• Like 2

Nice shots ! Have you tried the new lighting + rendering in devbranch with your map ? :D

Yes ...I've tried, but I'm a bit dissapointed with the current Dev version.

The whole color space (and also the shadow intensity), is very different against the current Arma version, as u can see in the following pictures (the first one is Dev version).

And also my current X-Cam Dev version is not running anymore ... don't know why :(

JfhD98p.jpg

yCUwadM.jpg

Silola

• Like 1

you are right silola, new visual update isn't what we thought it would be.

Too bright scenes, and shadows of objects are not good as was before.

I saw new water effects which are nice upgrade, but i don't like terrain visuals now same as you :(

• Like 1

Yes ...I've tried, but I'm a bit dissapointed with the current Dev version.

The whole color space (and also the shadow intensity), is very different against the current Arma version, as u can see in the following pictures (the first one is Dev version).

Silola

Yeah , I kind of agree with that statement : the shadows are strange. Very HDR, maybe too much :p

I like the new color lighting + saturation, but not a fan of the low value shadow. But i see it as an improvment, and hope they will find a way to lower the effects :)

We need more life like terrains. Not sure if you ever played Celle for arma 2, but the forests were awesome. Thick dense forests thst you could lose line of sight in about 10 meters. [...]

be asure that you will :). At least for those forests that I have made on Taunus  :D

• Like 1

I think the new shadows and colors look great, its just my personal preference.

asking for eta delays eta for 2 months ...

current eta: when its done + 2 months

LOL I fucking love you xD

• Like 1

Any ETA known?    :D

1st: When it´s done™

2nd: current ETA When it´s doneâ„¢ + 6months :blink:

Seriously...as we said often before..there is and won´t be any ETA till it is done completely.

We do our best to give all of you a nice playground and we try to do it as fast as possible!

If u want to have a look on progress u can follow my stream!

Regards

Chaser

• Like 2