silola

[WIP] Terrain "X-Cam-Taunus"

Did you make tests about ai <-> massive bushes (1st scrn) <-> ai ? Did they see each other?

I ran some very simple Editor testmissions to get an impression of what the AI is capable of on Taunus...what shall I say... it´s the usual  "ArmA AI can see through everythings" crap. The huge amount of bushes and clutter will definately be a disadvantage for PVE Missions.

So Taunus is rather considered a PVP map. The Low detailed Versions that we are about to develop next to High Detail Taunus will hopefully fit the PVE requirements way better.

But according to your question whether AI will see each other...I still have to check this, so I´ll give it a shot tonight when I´m back home.

But...it wasnt impossible to kill some bad guys though, we´ll see what the Community will make out of it once it is released.

You don't mean they can see through houses, its just forest clutter right?

There are some ideas over in the Unsung Vietnam thread on how to configure AI to give them credible behaviour in the jungle, even if they can see through clutter better than we can. One suggestion is put their skill to max and their accuracy to min (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186586-the-unsung-vietnam-war-mod-v30-alpha-released/page-8#entry2954800)

Pretty sure Ai can't see through objects, it's only clutter they can see through, so bushes and houses can be used for cover.

im not a expert but AiA has big problems with "ai see trough everything", at some point someone said that this could be fixed. Worst on Chernarus where the big grass and forest and ..everything is invisible for ai. Its still playable but not the biggest fun. this is a arma2 import problem. For arma3 stuff normally ai have bigger problems to have the all seeing eye, even smoke should work. When map is released we will also make tests, hopefully you get some ways to let ai work. We do 90% pve.

perhaps when the addon is released with the new map there you get more western ai working stuff.

Hi ! When the map are available for play at Taunus Life ?  :P

asking for eta delays eta for 2 months ...

current eta: when its done + 2 months

asking for eta delays eta for 2 months ...

current eta: when its done + 4 months...  :ph34r: 

serious guys...we do our best to bring in a high quality map  to the ARMAverse...we work as hard and fast as we can...but u know...quality takes time.

So please be patient and wait till it comes out.

Happy Xmas :803:

Chaser

• Like 2

Exactly, I have talked about clutter and some sorts of bushes and trees, just like Richie has stated.

Merry X-mas to everybody :xmas:

Looks awesome and what is that high tower on the first pic?? Merry Christmas

Greets DonbassCZ

@Silola, will there be some rivers on the map to go on with your boats?

@Silola, will there be some rivers on the map to go on with your boats?

Nope..there will be no rivers at all on Taunus because there is no river in RL too ;-)

• Like 1

You could tell us your PC spectifications and your performance in the map? Thanks!

You could tell us your PC spectifications and your performance in the map? Thanks!

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185055-wip-terrain-x-cam-taunus/page-11#entry2950658

Just the previous page :D

According to the AI "see through Bushes and Clutter" ability, AI has a clear sight onto each other even in the deepest and densest forest

Nope..there will be no rivers at all on Taunus because there is no river in RL too ;-)

Well, actually you could extend the map to the south until you reach the river Main. :D :D And then, while you're on it, add Frankfurt too. :P

Thanks for your work, guys! Merry christmas.

• Like 1

Well, actually you could extend the map to the south until you reach the river Main. :D :D And then, while you're on it, add Frankfurt too. :P

Thanks for your work, guys! Merry christmas.

Sure...and because no one wants a release in the next decade we could add bavaria and austria too... :681:

you guys have to handle with a map without water..i mean...its arma 3...water would be annoying, istn´t it? :D  :D

Thank u, Merry Xmas too :)

• Like 1

Damn-this is impressive.Dont know how I missed this! I love the motorway and fly-over bridges.Great for vehicle checkpoints/ambushes :) Would you consider adding some ponds like the ones CUP have put back in Chernarus?

...Would you consider adding some ponds like the ones CUP have put back in Chernarus?

let´s see what the detail work will bring to the daylight.

But atm there are no plans to add ponds

let´s see what the detail work will bring to the daylight.

But atm there are no plans to add ponds

Ok no problem.it looks amazing anyway!Cant wait :D

This looks absolutely amazing! Chernarus 2.0.

well technically, if anything, this would be chernarus 3.0, since 2.0 is in dayz.