silola

[WIP] Terrain "X-Cam-Taunus"

Can't wait... to play this ...for my future computer able to play this fluently...

:) Looking so good.

• Like 1

Hi,

That's a nice work.

It's really rare to find maps designed correctly.

Even the official maps from BI present many imperfections like cubics landscapes areas and misplaced objects and structures that breaking the immersion.

But the maps you released with X-Cam always give worked maps.

Can I ask something ?

Can you see if you can avoid to make any dependencies with the All In ArmA mod please ?

It's outdated and abandonned, and the Community Upgrade Project (CUP) are working on better versions of the islands port.

I already used it actually.

Because too many good maps, like Esseker, need AiA dependencies and it's a bad point.

Hi,

That's a nice work.

It's really rare to find maps designed correctly.

Even the official maps from BI present many imperfections like cubics landscapes areas and misplaced objects and structures that breaking the immersion.

But the maps you released with X-Cam always give worked maps.

Can I ask something ?

Can you see if you can avoid to make any dependencies with the All In ArmA mod please ?

It's outdated and abandonned, and the Community Upgrade Project (CUP) are working on better versions of the islands port.

I already used it actually.

Because too many good maps, like Esseker, need AiA dependencies and it's a bad point.

Hi,

maybe you don't know, how much work it is to create a map like Altis. Yes ... there are some misplaced objects and yes, the map is not perfect,

but overall Bohemia has created a masterpiece, that's my opinion.

X-Cam Taunus looks also nice, but I guess at the end You will find also some misplaced objects and some areas are not perfect. That's normal I think.

We have already invested hundreds of hours into the map and there are probably many more hours that we have to invest to complete the map satisfactorily.

As we all know, we can't create a perfect map for the whole community. Some people will like the Taunus map, of course,

but some people will be disappointed for different reasons.

But hey, the whole X-Cam Team like the map so far and we also like the AiA TerrainPack and currently there is no reason to change this.
If you don't like the AiATP then the Taunus map don't like you ;)

But there is a way: We will give You the Taunus map without objects (the source files), and then you can build everything new without AiATP. I think that's fair :)

Greetings from Taunus

Silola

• Like 2

Hi,

Well, I see that here, it's like many other authors.

They think they are Gods, and take all things bad.

That's not a problem, I don't have time to waste in this.

After all, it's your mod, and if you still want to use dead mods, that's your problem, not mine.

I just have to use my own maps, and strangly, I can create maps without any issues, like cubics areas or misplaced objects. I work on and correct them without thinking I'm perfect, that permit me to avoid some issues.

No problem, I'll just come to give an opinion and some good points about X-Cam maps, and you answered like this.

Not cool at all.

I'll just avoid this thread and theses maps. No problem.

Calm down guys...we all do this for our personal fun factor... there are absolutely no reasons to argue about opinions...

@HammerShield: As i know u can either use CUP or AiA both should be working. But it makes no sense to start placing objects with AiA and then switch to CUP. Also there is no "final" version of CUP so far

Take ure time till it comes out and the CUP guys told everyone that it will be working all the way down with AiA.

have a nice day

regards 

Chaser

• Like 1

+Changing the Path of the Objects (e.g. when you switch from AIA to CUP) is just plain simple and no big deal.

<snip>

or make your own :p

Only then will you understand the months and months, countless hours that go into these things, it's the authors choice what they do and don't use, you have to respect their choice or skip it.

My terrain is standalone without any dependencies but the lack of objects is a struggle, I do know my next terrain will use @CUP, there just aren't enough objects out atm to not use it, seriously though, try it yourself and then question the Taunus teams decision.

• Like 2

Oh, are we even closer to christmas now? I can feel it in this thread :D

+Changing the Path of the Objects (e.g. when you switch from AIA to CUP) is just plain simple and no big deal.

should not be needed ... just putting in the correct dependencies and it should work.

Oh, are we even closer to christmas now? I can feel it in this thread :D

Sorry, only naughty people around here ... no present for them.

There is just too much open space left that will need some xcam love.

Hi,

Well, I see that here, it's like many other authors.

They think they are Gods, and take all things bad.

That's not a problem, I don't have time to waste in this.

After all, it's your mod, and if you still want to use dead mods, that's your problem, not mine.

I just have to use my own maps, and strangly, I can create maps without any issues, like cubics areas or misplaced objects. I work on and correct them without thinking I'm perfect, that permit me to avoid some issues.

No problem, I'll just come to give an opinion and some good points about X-Cam maps, and you answered like this.

Not cool at all.

HammerShield, Your reaction suggests that you have misunderstood me. Of course I did not mean to offend you ... sorry !

I just wanted to say that we started with AiA and do not want to change it during the development phase.

AiA is not perfect and there are some bugs, of course ... we know that.

CUP is currently also not perfect and there are also some bugs, for example, all the lights are not realy working, if I remember correctly.

As soon as CUP is completed, this package will be the better choice for sure. Then we will try the new possibilities :)

We are not gods and we are not perfect either. We are simply a part of the community and are trying to give our best.

At the end, we only want to have some (more) fun and share our project with the whole community ... that's the main target.

Greetings

Silola

• Like 5

Very impressive, I can certainly appreciate how much time has gone into this. I love the detail and can really gain insight into the person who placed some of the objects. The detail on the surfaces is great too, It's nice to see another terrain making the most out of the 6 layer limitation per grid.

• Like 1

Very impressive, I can certainly appreciate how much time has gone into this. I love the detail and can really gain insight into the person who placed some of the objects. The detail on the surfaces is great too, It's nice to see another terrain making the most out of the 6 layer limitation per grid.

Yes, we currently use exactly 6 different surface types...overall.

We currently use exactly 6 different surface types ... no one more :P

You fooled me :D I'm using about 20 so far and a very accurate Photoshop template ;)

You fooled me :D I'm using about 20 so far and a very accurate Photoshop template ;)

No, but we know it's possible. Maybe we will insert more variations later.

Damn, that´s impressive. I´m using 5... :mellow:

Has the question been answered yet on which PC these AWESOME screenshots were created?  :) I really would love to know the specs and the graphic settings used.

• Like 1

Has the question been answered yet on which PC these AWESOME screenshots were created?  :) I really would love to know the specs and the graphic settings used.

i7 2600k@default

Geforce GTX 780 3GB

16 GB Ram

UUPo4P0.png

TZqiaLK.png

unj5bRU.png

Silola

• Like 3

UUPo4P0.png

What's with the Ludicrous speed particles?

Is it a mod?

How's the performance on the Taunus map?

For example compared to Altis?

• Like 1

What's with the Ludicrous speed particles?

Is it a mod?

How's the performance on the Taunus map?

For example compared to Altis?

Ludicrous speed particles? Huh?

Performance is amazing, you can get single FPS digits if you want! Just crank everything up to max, grab a laser-pointer and pretend doing a powerpoint presentation.

As always you set you performance wehre you want it. Ask yourself: DO I NEED 6.000m viewdistance or are 1.500m enough, becuase you wouldn't see much further anyways hunting CSAT in the Forests ...

• Like 3

In a helo,jet or tank i need minimum 3500m object and 4000m vd, better is 6000m. For infantrist thats true, 1500/2000 is a good value, best for me is 2000/2500 ;)

evil candy ;) It look really detailed.

Only weakness i could spot are the houses but i dont think you can do much on them. They look too clean and some of them like the a2 killhouses with a white painting (windows need more depth).

Did you make tests about ai <-> massive bushes (1st scrn) <-> ai ? Did they see each other?

The grainfield is a fps killer on Australia map :)

evil candy ;) It look really detailed.

Only weakness i could spot are the houses but i dont think you can do much on them. They look too clean and some of them like the a2 killhouses with a white painting (windows need more depth).

Did you make tests about ai <-> massive bushes (1st scrn) <-> ai ? Did they see each other?

The grainfield is a fps killer on Australia map :)

You are right, we can't do much on them. But there are no others available and these houses fit thematically better than A3 houses, in our opinion.

The grainfield is defined as a clutter. It's not the best solution but it looks nice and it's not a fps killer ;)

Silola

• Like 2