silola

[WIP] Terrain "X-Cam-Taunus"

Never in my wildest dreams did i think a picture of a road sign and a bus stop could make me hard. 

Hi,

in the past 3 months we've placed more than 2.800.000 objects ... X-Cam is glowing ;)

3XXfuOJ.jpg

ZG2FqOH.jpg

naGmg4O.jpg

dwJLEww.jpg

TjvC5oI.jpg

WH4q9aW.jpg

83ji4AP.jpg

IqWY75V.jpg

Full album >>> http://imgur.com/a/43JsI

Silola

• Like 8

And the winner for the most beautiful arma 3 terrain to this point in time is!!!! *DrumRoll* TAUNUS!!!!

• Like 3

Like the xCam showcase map this is truly a quality gem within map making. Highest standard from what is around arma since ofp. But i feel pain about the ai path problems with the quite tight walking pathes between objects. Yes it look realistic and thats the way to give players authentic feeling on a map and i love it but .... ai wont make it right? :P

If they can drive the main roads with a car and crush everything else with a tank i dont see a problem :P

Like the xCam showcase map this is truly a quality gem within map making. Highest standard from what is around arma since ofp. But i feel pain about the ai path problems with the quite tight walking pathes between objects. Yes it look realistic and thats the way to give players authentic feeling on a map and i love it but .... ai wont make it right? :P

as said before we will make a hd and a low quality version. lets see how it works when it is finished.

BUT it will be a map with a little more pvp then pve possibilities.

as said before we will make a hd and a low quality version. lets see how it works when it is finished.

BUT it will be a map with a little more pvp then pve possibilities.

Taunus: Hiking-Life ... out soonâ„¢

• Like 3

I am speechless....dis! is! great!

Its like you make a complete new game....my arma4! :)

Some screens looking photorealistic...is it custom lighting or sweetfx/reshade tweaked?

this is just plain awesome! looks a lot like my childhood playground. Thanks for the effort & time spend!!!

Thanks for all the nice comments :)

Last week a bit less progress ...

RhEPtyT.jpg

SvDaa4a.jpg

pSGWndL.jpg

s9Xx9H5.jpg

nPBK5p3.jpg

QOeKN81.jpg

vqe57bj.jpg

mqLpJNr.jpg

Full album >>> http://imgur.com/a/hY0N8

Silola

• Like 13

Awesome work always leads to awesome result! This island is already one of the most big must-have of the addons universe! thanks a lot guys for your though working, for your passion. Magnifique!

You definitely nail the german flair which is probably hard due to the existing assets. Also Sauerland vibes, which I live close to. This is absolutely gorgeous! But same as with that Orshanets terrain, it will be a pain to play, but it's the correct decision to develop for year 2020 computers :-)

If need some more photographs or other infos from special places in Taunus (to create the map more authentical) just give me a sign!  really a great job! can´t wait for the finish map!

best regards from taunus!

Hi,

last week was a bit tricky, because X-Cam don't liked the latest Arma update :(
But no matter, we were able to build some nice locations :)

WggUq9k.jpg

dpgKpwv.jpg

ZFFYh0X.jpg

TwPt6rE.jpg

vfq1Pfz.jpg

2St2vJz.jpg

apRz2bJ.jpg

E2pc8Wa.jpg

Full album >>> http://imgur.com/a/OEjE6

Silola

• Like 8