silola

[WIP] Terrain "X-Cam-Taunus"

Holy! This looks awesome!

And so natural too, makes me want to just drive around there.

It just looks fantastic! I am so looking forward to the release guys - this will be a new standard.

Was wondering if you retouch your shots or got some PPeffect going ? The shots look really good in color and contrast and the photography itself is really good to! Someone has an eye for image construction.

Regards

You can ask a respected Authors on the island to make the river?

It is not enough river system on most of the islands.

Hey. A quick question: In all these amazing screenshots there's a huge detail draw distance, so that the grass gets rendered at a large distance. Which makes the map look amazing and hides the midrange textures. And don't get me wrong, I think this is the correct way, to future proof the map. Build it for today's newest hardware. Buuuut! Right now I don't think anyone can realistically run it at these settings. So, could you share a screenshot with video settings that give you 60fps? So that we can get the idea how it'll look in game. :)

Hey. A quick question: In all these amazing screenshots there's a huge detail draw distance, so that the grass gets rendered at a large distance. Which makes the map look amazing and hides the midrange textures. And don't get me wrong, I think this is the correct way, to future proof the map. Build it for today's newest hardware. Buuuut! Right now I don't think anyone can realistically run it at these settings. So, could you share a screenshot with video settings that give you 60fps? So that we can get the idea how it'll look in game. :)

0AXySBO.jpg

Silola

• Like 20

Release date?  Haha i kid, i kid  :P

Wonderful work guys.  Top quality and I'm sure all doable because of XCAM.  Love it.

This map looks outstanding. I can't wait to make and play missions for it. 

-k 

• Like 2

Gimme a second while i re-attach my jaw..........sublime detail Silola.

• Like 1

Looks like mbg buildings 3, they even don't have wreck models? :o why use that?

A2/A1 vegetation has some horrifing LODs / LOD-switching, not Perfect Shadows and mostly blury outdated textures, why use them?

A2/A1 houses has way to many unenterable houses, why use them?

A3 only has mediterranean style obejects, why use them?

I guess there is something wrong in everything, and no wreck models is a 'ok' trade of for a house that has a very germany style and does fit Taunus kind of well, imho.

Because this is still arma, why not improve on the stuff we got. Are these things really things that cannot be fixed?

I have not done any modding so I wouldn't know, but I assume the assets can be improved and saved with the classname of the original.

Would this just replace them on the maps as well?

Of course this would take a lot of work, just throwing it out there...

Because this is still arma, why not improve on the stuff we got. Are these things really things that cannot be fixed?

I have not done any modding so I wouldn't know, but I assume the assets can be improved and saved with the classname of the original.

Would this just replace them on the maps as well?

Of course this would take a lot of work, just throwing it out there...

If I´m right this is exactly what the CUP guys are doing. But they are not finished at all.

And Moddeling in Arma...is definitely not easy..otherwise we would have plenty of new Objects and Houses and so on in the community.

BUT...maybe if YOU learn moddeling...yes maybe then you will be the one who saves the day for every Map maker out there ;-)

Regards

Chaser

• Like 1

Hello, great respect for what you have already done with your team! To me you are the same level as the Bohemia team! ;)

I'm curious to know what software you use you to have high quality satelite and the software you use to make the mask of Taunus: p

I'm curious to know what software you use you to have high quality satelite and the software you use to make the mask of Taunus

Memphisbelle spend many, many hours in photoshop for sat & mask. But its based on the images as seen on google maps, just with smaller towns (otherwise every twon would be as big as Kavala on Altis). Basically it is a big patchwork.