silola

[WIP] Terrain "X-Cam-Taunus"

sorry if it has been asked before. is there going to be a low density/lite version?

Yes:

But maybe it's again an option to release a "low density" version, and with this version I delete all crash barriers.

Just a few posts earlier, Mr. lazy benson. :P

*edit* damnit chaser you beat me this time ...

wow sorry. i'm a little under the weather lately. that was indeed pretty obvious lol. good to hear though.

also please make sure to add some nice places to climb up to. i'm making great progress with EM lately so it will soon be a viable option of exploring the terrain. just a suggestion of course but it would make me very happy. some user made terrains i tested on had not many options in that regard.

• Like 3

Each friday is picture time.

Silola

• Like 2

also please make sure to add some nice places to climb up to. i'm making great progress with EM lately so it will soon be a viable option of exploring the terrain. just a suggestion of course but it would make me very happy. some user made terrains i tested on had not many options in that regard.

+1 to rock climbing.... ! ;-)

• Like 1

wow guys this looks simply awesome, I love those ground textures and forests. 

Great work guys! Taunus, a very beautifull region in germany, can´t wait to get on the autobahn :D

Wow, this truly looks amazing! Loving the region in RL it's nice to see someone working on a decent Map now. The Details are fantastic!

If you ever should need any support in Testing, Modelling or other thing I'ld love to help you guys out with our experienced Arma-Team!

Cheers

Great work guys! Taunus, a very beautifull region in germany, can´t wait to get on the autobahn :D

Finally we can use the Hatchback (Sport) to it's full potential! :D

Finally we can use the Hatchback (Sport) to it's full potential! :D

i´ve done a little test on the autobahn some weeks ago and it was so much fun driving on it with 300km/h for some minutes  :D

But it's only a 'Bundesstrasse' not an 'Autobahn' ... I guess we need some traffic enforcement cameras to counter you crazy racedrivers harrasing innocent AI traffic on our roads.

• Like 2

But it's only a 'Bundesstrasse' not an 'Autobahn' ... I guess we need some traffic enforcement cameras to counter you crazy racedrivers harrasing innocent AI traffic on our roads.

Nah... As long as it's got two lanes for each direction and a physical cut-off there's no speed limit - wether or not it is an autobahn. :) AI shouldn't drive anyway - they're the virtual equivalent to old men with hats.

• Like 1

As long as it's got two lanes for each direction and a physical cut-off

AND no sign limiting the speed! :P (smart-assing, I know  :D )

Someone said, Friday is screenshot day?? Where are the goodies! :wub:

Amazing map and photorealistic in some cases!! Good job lads even you never release it!

To say I'm eagerly awaiting this map would be an understatement. :) The new screenshots really look amazing, especially - and I don't really know why - the antepenultimate.

what level of DEM did you use? i get most of my stuff from ASTERDEM but am curious what meter range you guys are using. is it 90m SRTM?

Amazing map and photorealistic in some cases!!

Indeed, the quality is way above BI standard - I know already this is going to be my next playground! ^^

Indeed, the quality is way above BI standard - I know already this is going to be my next playground! ^^

mine too ;-) and it makes so much fun to built it with the x-cam for you guys!

thanks for all of your comments!  :cheers:

Amazing work Silola, I hope you dont mind me taking a bit (ALOT) of inspiration for a current WIP lol.