silola

[WIP] Terrain "X-Cam-Taunus"

Hi,

we currently working on a new map called Taunus and we want to show you some progress regularly within this thread.

The map will be powered by X-Cam of course and we will invest hundreds of hours, during many MP sessions, in order to finish this map ... asap.

Please don't ask about any "release date" because we have only recently started ;)

QISuGVq.jpg

So far 4 people are working on this map:

MemphisBelle (MIA)
Hotzenplotz
Chaser
Silola

Map size is 20480x20480 m
Grid size is 4096 cells
Cell size is 5 m

d9li6OG.jpg

F2Ah9nQ.jpg

BYTGYzZ.jpg

tNwnLVM.jpg

If you want to see the whole "first Taunus album", then please follow this link:

http://imgur.com/a/7Cuud

Silola

• Like 47

The last photo of the overpass bridge is just spectacular......Good luck with the project ;)

Great, finally a new german map! Will you include military installations like the munition depot in Köppern?

Looking so nice. Are you sur you "only recently started" ? :D

Great! I think I can retire now and just enjoy making missions for my team =)

• Like 3

ACH DU SCHEISSE!! :D The map I dreamt of since Schmalfelden in Arma 1! Wow...  :wub:

2 questions:

- Will the goal of this map be similar to the XCam-prototype map? Or will you guys (try to) improve it for AI as well?

- Is it based on the real Taunus? What's the coordinates / towns?

@ icebreakr: Naah, keep up the great work, mate!  :thumbsup:

EDIT:

After taking a look at the screenshots: Damn - This is absolutely authentic. You even created these typical wooden frames for young trees. Nice job!

https://i.imgur.com/ATUUqyu.jpg

EDIT 2:

I think I found the location (at least the location from the header in the first post): The area between Oberursel and Glashütten.

taunus_zpsc4heiaxb.jpg~original

Comparing both images, you removed much of the towns, which is cool. A bit more rural terrain.

QISuGVq.jpg

• Like 2

Hi,

many thanks for all the nice comments :)

You all know ... map making, based on real data is always a huge compromise.

So ... we have flatten the terrain in some areas, changed some sat data, in order to make the map editable as good as possible.

And with all these changes it's not the real "Taunus" anymore. But anyway, I think it will be a nice looking and good playable map (only based on Taunus).

There will be areas of course again, which are not suitable for AI. So for example crash barriers or other objects along some roads, maybe some bridges, and also the large road network will be problematic, I think.

If you want to create an AI friendly map, then it's not realy possible to let your creativity run free, and we don't want to circumcise our ideas ;)

@icebreakr: If you are interested to join the Taunus team ... let me know ;)

Silola

This map looks amazing, and the attention to detail, SPEECHLESS!! I for one am keen to test this map in the future. :D

Yes, AiA TP is currently required, but maybe we can change to CUP later.

Don't know if this is possible for already imported objects without any problems.

We will see it later.

Silola

• Like 1

Heiligsbächle!!!!

I think, I spider!!

Please don´t make a techdemo out of it :D 

Amazing wörk! WuupWuup! 

Keep it up!

I want to say that I can't keep myself from watching those screenies again & again and that teasing such awesome material is nothing but cruelty!