doomnet

Recruiting 1 dev for our mission framework ! job will be payed !

Hi, everyone,

We need a good skilled arma 3 scripter developer !

To finish a multiplayer mission for arma 3 !

The work is almost finished, but not everything is working like it should be !

As there is no mod like this to get inspiration or to simply use others mission framework

We need to finish this by ourselves ! but that its not possible since we are not good dev's !

The dev should know how to use arma 3 scripting methods,

manage msql databases (extdb2), create own functions,

and know how to use arma 3 tools and 3rd party software !

We will pay for the job !

Dev should be free for the job immediately today or tonight !

thanks for contacting me in private for more info

ad me as friend on the forum, or on steam look for "DoomneT"

Yeah, a more in depth description of what the person your recruiting would work on would help. What kind of game mode or scripts are still being developed or do you need help with?

Hi, everyone,

We need a good skilled arma 3 scripter developer !

To finish a multiplayer mission for arma 3 !

The work is almost finished, but not everything is working like it should be !

As there is no mod like this to get inspiration or to simply use others mission framework

We need to finish this by ourselves ! but that its not possible since we are not good dev's !

The dev should know how to use arma 3 scripting methods,

manage msql databases (extdb2), create own functions,

and know how to use arma 3 tools and 3rd party software !

We will pay for the job !

Dev should be free for the job immediately today or tonight !

thanks for contacting me in private for more info

ad me as friend on the forum, or on steam look for "DoomneT"

I'm not gonna talk about the mission server mod here on the forum, which could lead to someone stealing our idea.

hahaha you're funny. Anybody that could read a forum post and can steal your entire idea and create a working prototype faster than a team of devs that is 60% finished deserves it. Anyway just reading the little information you gave was enough to make it sound interesting to me, I'd love to see some early gameplay. Also, you have some super insane requirements for people you're looking for, are you paying people to work on this?

If not, I'm sorry but you need to know this now. Pick two:

• Dedicated
  • Versatile
  • Knowledgeable
  • Has time to work on project

The chance of finding someone who has all these traits and will work for free (team development on a project this size is definitely a job, don't kid yourself) is ridiculously low. It seems like you're looking for someone that has some kind of CS degree and a complete expert on the Arma API; basically a BIS developer or ex-dev, who also happens to have absolutely no social life and is available almost 24/7 until the project is complete, and is also very rich.

Some tips for you:

• Money is the greatest motivator.
  • Forget finding people that are available for testing everyday. Anybody that is married/has a job/trying to make out with hot chicks will not be available daily. Instead use a paid GitHub account and create a private hub, tell your script writers that they need to download a new version daily or something. If you exchanged phone numbers you can create a group text message and anyone can send a message to the group when they push something to the hub, this can also be done by creating a private group on steam (since Arma 3 was a steam-only release, everybody that has arma, has steam). Trying to meet once or twice a week for like 2-3 hours is so much more realistic.
  • Writers should only push completed, and error-free scripts to the hub. This prevents somebody from uploading a POS abortion-script and other writers that are creating systems that interact with that script from having to code around their FUBAR script. If I ever found myself in this position, I would likely re-write their script from scratch, which wastes time because you have 2 people working on the same script (one many times superior than the other) and the other script is having no progress made. This is also confusing for the other guys. Basically when somebody pushes a script to the hub, it should be done, ready to be revisited in the optimization/polishing phase.
  • One system per script/script group (i.e. The script that creates objectives should not also change or keep track of player stats). Good design should nearly eliminate this altogether, though.
  • The most experienced guy should be reading the scripts and adding them to the initialization cycle, if only one person ever changes any of the init scripts, this will completely eliminate overwrites in the entire project. Basically, during init is the time when people are getting their major systems to run, if you let each guy change the init scripts to add his system to it then you have multiple people trying to maintain a single/a few file(s) there will be situations where data is overwritten.
  • Quality control (make people send their scripts to the project manager with instructions for how to merge it with the mission, and test it to make sure it is bug-free and that it actually does something, then the project manager should be the only one pushing files to the hub)
  • Like 4

What might be a good idea, in parrellel to what Dreaded stated above, is to look for a number of devs willing to help out and get a short resume on what they have done scripting wise, and with that you should have a good idea as to what they can do, at this point you should be able to go to one of the devs in the pool and say "hey I need a building garrison function that allows x, y, and z" let that dev work on it, let them know of any global information that would be needed (i.e. an array of the units added via the function), and then have your "integrator" like Dreaded said above integrate the function into the whole system or if there seem to be issues report that back to the dev so they can fix it.

So instead of limiting yourself to a single, 24/7, extra hand on the project, have 10 that are willing to help on a "one-off" basis.

• Like 1

Off topic posts removed and the appropriate infractions issued. Please try to stay on topic.