bad benson

PIP scope and daylight laser pointer source

Since you guys are discussing it again, I wonder if a PIP 2D scope would be possible.

It would require less FPS while keeping a different zoom level at the background.

For example, if I remember right, my 2D scopes are a 1024x768 or whatever 3D plane, and the textures are 2048x2048. You do the math and come up with the conclusion that, my texture maps discard part of texture. Following this idea, maybe a circle (or cylindrical, or whole in the midle or 2 layer) 3D model scope, might have the scope textured in one of its planes and no texture mapped in the other plane.

That´s just an idea, since I´ve moved I haven´t installed A3, Maya, etc, so no experiences for me.

Considering even the 2D scopes require a 3D model (which is a plane), then the 3D model for the 2D PIP scope might (or might not, this is just a first shot) be like this:

Ideia3_DScope2_DPIP.jpg

The red circle should be where the scope texture is mapped and the blue square should be untextured or it should be texture with that PIP texture I don´t remember the name.

• Like 2

It is cheat or not if somebody make addon to bring this in arma3 ? )

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have a question.

I was hoping to get the laser to point out the front of the Hummingbird helicopter, but wasn't having any luck, the laser always pointed straight up in the air. 

Does anyone have any ideas of how to get this laser to point out the front of a helicopter?

This is the laser

["babe_laser", "onEachFrame", {

if (currentVisionMode player == 1) exitwith {};

if (player isIRLaserOn currentWeapon player) then

{        

_lasercolour = [1,0,0,1.5-sunOrmoon]; // first 3 numbers are RGB     

_range = 250; // laser range     _maxsize = 0.1;   

_rwrist = (player selectionPosition "rwrist");     

_start = player modeltoworld [_rwrist select 0, (_rwrist select 1) + 0, (_rwrist select 2) + 0.1];   

_lstart = atltoasl(player modeltoworld _rwrist);    

_lend = (player weaponDirection currentWeapon player) vectorMultiply _range;   

_end = asltoatl(_lend vectoradd _lstart);    

_int = lineIntersectsSurfaces [atltoasl _start, atltoasl _end, player, objNull, true, 1, "GEOM", "NONE"];    

_endL = _end;     

_size = _maxsize;    

if (count _int > 0) then   

{       

_end = (_int select 0) select 0;       

_endL = asltoagl _end;       

_length = _lstart vectorDistance _end;       

systemchat str _length;       

if (_length >= _range) then       

{             

_size = 0       

} else       

{           

_size = _maxsize*_range/(_length);       

};       

if (_length < 1) then       

{           

_size = 0;       

};   

} else     

{         

_size = 0     

};     

drawLine3D [_start, _endL, _lasercolour]; // comment this out to remove the line   

drawIcon3D ["\a3\data_f\car_light_flare2.paa", _lasercolour, _endL, _size, _size, random 360, "", 0, 0.05, "PuristaMedium"];

};

}] call BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler;