another question yet again!  :lol:

Creating a unit from a trigger using:

if (triggeractivated encounter2) then
{
_shootingRange = getMarkerPos "shooting_range";

blah blah blaah etc...
};

2 groups:

_group1 = createGroup EAST; //Enemy 1       IF 2 enemies are in 1 group, they regroup on eachother, any way to stop this without disableAI?
_group2 = createGroup EAST; //Enemy 2

_allGroups = units _group1 + units _group2;

This works perfectly:

_waypointPos = _group1 addWaypoint [[_shootingRange select 0, _shootingRange select 1, 0],0];
_waypointPos setWaypointType "MOVE";

I guess I can't do:

_waypointPos = _allGroups addWaypoint [[_shootingRange select 0, _shootingRange select 1, 0],0];

?? :P

Many thanks,

Brandon

EDIT:

I would create just 1 group for 2 enemies, but they instantly get together and cry... Is their a way to break to formation so they can be as far apart as they want without crying/missing each other?

{

_waypointPos = _x addWaypoint [[_shootingRange select 0, _shootingRange select 1, 0],0];

} forEach [_group1,_group2];

{
	_waypointPos = _x addWaypoint [[_shootingRange select 0, _shootingRange select 1, 0],0];
} forEach [_group1,_group2];

I should sleep more often and not go to bed at 6am, I get so tired during the day... Thank you lol

I'm working on something similar, still having some issues. If you could lend me your assistance I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I have a trigger that fires properly by killing a target.

This triggers 4 squads that move to join and become one group alpha. I've tried placing a final way point using several variations of the above adjustments made for my mission something like-

if (triggeractivated attack) then

{   _waypointPos = _3 addWaypoint [[_base select 0, _base select 1, 0],0];   _waypointPos setWaypointType "DESTROY";  } forEach [Alpha];

I've tried it on init of team leader, script and act of the way point and the act of the trigger itself

Attack is the name of the trigger that starts the process, Base is the name of the object I want them to destroy. If it makes any difference the object is one of the respawn tents and can move namely why I'm trying to create a waypoint on the fly mid mission.