Ranwer135

A3 Campaign - Continuation for Tanoa?

What? The strip mine? Also what do you guys have against Miller? He is the anti-hero, playing as him and having to make dificult decisons would be a blast (for me at least).

IMHO Miller makes the perfect antagonist, kind of Pagan Min in Far Cry 4.

Great to set mind games and as a link with the A3 campaign but not to be the PC. 

But, everyone to his own taste.

I'd like the main protagonist to be a brit(found their voice acting to be alot more authentic) within a special force unit stuck between the grinding wheels of the American and op4 operations. Op4 being the obvious "bad "guys, but the Americans having an end justify the means attitude leaving them in a not so good guy grey area... the natives the true victims.

So you're not fully onside with the American campaign either. Giving you choices to save villages stop war crimes, gorilla warfare or advancing the American agenda. Be nice to not have it so straight forward.

Anyways just a thought.

What? The strip mine? Also what do you guys have against Miller? He is the anti-hero, playing as him and having to make dificult decisons would be a blast (for me at least).

No mate but you'll find it,look closely and have in mind everything you've seen in the East Wind campaign! B)

And i don't have anything against Miller,i'm one of the few people who like the SoB! :P

I said enough about him and the campaign,i will only say this one again: He'll play a big role in the new campaign and he can be either a good guy or a bad guy.He qualifies for both!

No mate but you'll find it,look closely and have in mind everything you've seen in the East Wind campaign! B)

And i don't have anything against Miller,i'm one of the few people who like the SoB! :P

I said enough about him and the campaign,i will only say this one again: He'll play a big role in the new campaign and he can be either a good guy or a bad guy.He qualifies for both!

I've tried to watch closely but I couldn't find anything. Keen to share another hint? :)

Ok i'll try not to give any major spoilers cause i can't use the spoiler tag for some reason.I can only say this: Some "element" from the East Wind campaign will be used on the new campaign in a specific place on the new island!

As i said before this is all fun and speculation i might probably be wrong about this. ;)

Could there be a link to the campaign in TOH?

Spoiler on both A3 and TOH below:

I remember that the PMC guy 'Frost' was caught sneaking in a device from Zargabad.

If no one played the Take on Helicopters campaign, it was mainly about keeping your aviation business alive. Throughout some time, you then work for a company called Vrnna Corporation, who also helped with a recent cargo ship disaster. During that recovery, you get contacted by 'Frost' (who also works alongside of Vrnna) that tells you to pick up some vital cargo that is classified. After two runs, your helo couldn't bear the stress of the sling load, and made an emergency landing.

Vrnna and PMC were put under investigations by US Authorities, but the boss of Vrnna left in a hurry, lol. You end up stopping his heli with your heli, and both Frost and the boss were detained. After that, the US Authorities indicated that the cargo came from Zargabad, known as some sort of 'Device'...which you guys now saw in the A3 campaign.

Great to set mind games and as a link with the A3 campaign but not to be the PC. 

Actually I think he is a perfect set up to create a Opfor focused campaign. Imagine being part of some CSAT special forces tracking his team down. Dealing with some of the more negative aspects of NATO policy.

• Like 1

Actually I think he is a perfect set up to create a OPFOR focused campaign. Imagine being part of some CSAT special forces tracking his team down. Dealing with some of the more negative aspects of NATO policy.

Hmmmm... OPFOR + Antagonist + Far Cry 4 = Well, look below, lol:  :D

Photoshop:

15mdc2d.jpg

Original:

2z65atx.png

Playing as OPFOR/Chinese special forces trying to hunt down Miller would be sweet! I also had a theory on how the COOP campaign might work: You have a Hub, some Camp or Base, and you can use the Strategic Map to select missions in an Open-ended and primarily non-linear fashion.

Also, I'd rather not necro an inactive thread about Apex so I'll post this here:

CHeEL1I.png

Found this in structures_f_exp_a or something like that. Possibly gear for Apex? The MG and clothes/helmet look different, though I'm probably just jumping to conclusions.

• Like 1

Playing as OPFOR/Chinese special forces trying to hunt down Miller would be sweet!

Let's do thiiiiiiiiiiis...!

The MG outline for some reason makes me think contemporary (although as has been stated repeatedly so is much of Arma 3 hardware) but count me in as also unconvinced of the icon being indicative.

Playing as OPFOR/Chinese special forces trying to hunt down Miller would be sweet! I also had a theory on how the COOP campaign might work: You have a Hub, some Camp or Base, and you can use the Strategic Map to select missions in an Open-ended and primarily non-linear fashion.

I think the Arma 3 campaign had it right with a hub. Although I think it would be better if it was part of the world instead. Add in the Arma 2 style of general objectives and I think you could get something very dynamic and immersive.

On Miller...

Miller is the perfect antagonist in Arma 3, in my opinion! I want to kick his ass so much because the story absorbed me and I was totally blown away by his character and actions! Means: I want to see how his story continues.

Well a while ago in the reveal thread i'd posted a list of things i had learned about the Pacific side of the conflict. I don't remember everything, but having heard the Sargent talk about playing with the big boys in the pacific, had me thinking either BI want to  add in some big talk, or actually plan on risking something interesting for this up-coming Campaign/Story line. I wouldn't mind a Hub style game play, that's sounds interesting, and given how well that works in MGSV (even though the Hub is technically separate), it's still a fantastic idea.

However, given the image of the WIP VTOL resembling a Gunship, i wouldn't doubt BI putting some serious new weapons systems to get that feeling of being in a larger conflict. After all, a battle in the Pacific would be anything but a small conflict.

Don't want to steal the topic here but since it is story related...

Since ARMA 3 is on sale I am thinking of buying it.

My question is how does the SP campaign fare in terms of the story it has? I don't want to read up too much about it but I would like to know if it is just another one of those pro-western (US/NATO rulezzzz, everyone else suck) type of hero stories or does it actually has more of a point?

Thanks!

Don't want to steal the topic here but since it is story related...

Since ARMA 3 is on sale I am thinking of buying it.

My question is how does the SP campaign fare in terms of the story it has? I don't want to read up too much about it but I would like to know if it is just another one of those pro-western (US/NATO rulezzzz, everyone else suck) type of hero stories or does it actually has more of a point?

Thanks!

Define "more of a point"? It has a story, the 3 chapters each have a different feel to them. The story is mostly about intriguing you with the underlying plot thread that isn't being told at face value.

Define "more of a point"? It has a story, the 3 chapters each have a different feel to them. The story is mostly about intriguing you with the underlying plot thread that isn't being told at face value.

Alright, well, I am mainly asking if there is depth to it instead of it being this focused modern type of west (good) vs evil (east supposedly) type of thing.

Thanks for getting back to me ;)

Alright, well, I am mainly asking if there is depth to it instead of it being this focused modern type of west (good) vs evil (east supposedly) type of thing.

Thanks for getting back to me ;)

Spoilers of course:

The East Wind (main SP campaign) is nominally West (NATO) vs. East (CSAT) but at last check it was actually the (nominal) GREENFOR that's the primary antagonist, or at least the one you end up fighting the most until the third episode, and CSAT came off during the second episode as more "the other guys", albeit acting as elites acting in support of primary antagonist than "meant to be evil", whereas it and the Bootcamp SP micro-campaign suggests that the AAF is more up to shady things.

Thanks for that one chortles, I am automatically more interested in the campaign if there is more depth in comparison to it being purely black and white as it is in a lot of other modern games - usually its the east protagonist that is pure evil and west come whooping in to save the day :D Arma being a simulator oriented type of game I was hoping to hear something like that... :)

Thanks for that one chortles, I am automatically more interested in the campaign if there is more depth in comparison to it being purely black and white as it is in a lot of other modern games - usually its the east protagonist that is pure evil and west come whooping in to save the day :D Arma being a simulator oriented type of game I was hoping to hear something like that... :)

As chortles said the campaign is more than that.But....

I can't use spoiler tag for some ffffffffunny reason!So i'll try not to make any major spoilers.Well my opinion about the campaign is:

Each episode is different and stays true to it's name

I agree with chortles about who the antagonist is but there is more to it.

At Episode 2 Adapt and at the beginning of Episode 3 Win i've had this strange feeling and a got a message from the game.A message about something in real life you know.A different one from other games.I don't know if they made this intentionaly or i was too thoughtful of the situation.The point is that East Wind campaign is not just another West-good guy vs East bad guy campaign.

The only thing i didn't like about the campaign is that there is no proper background story.You get thrown into a situation you know very little about.Of course you learn things later on so i would suggest you to listen as much of your buddies conversations as possible. ;)

I think that the A3 campaign and the new Tanoa campaign will correlate, as there are multiple clues throughout the A3 campaign talking about the pacific, where Tanoa is. In the very first cutscene of "Survive" which shows the AAN broadcast it talks about "CSAT forces stepping up joint military exercises in the pacifc". Maybe it has something to do with that?

I suspect that there won't be too many links between the two campaigns, perhaps not even the same characters, I think the picture of Miller hidden in the bushes shown in the other thread is just to fuel speculation. I think they will just allude to East Wind and the events in the new campaign.

Slightly offtopic here, my main wish for the campaign (apart from it being more engaging in terms of implications depending on your choices) is to have women finally in the game as playable and respected characters, rather than just as creepy and sexist props ala Arma 2.

After the cliffhanger that was the Arma 3 Ending, THEY BETTER CONTINUE THE STORY.

Or we'll pick up pitchforks and torches and head straight for BI Studios. :P

It depends which ending you picked.

Slightly offtopic here, my main wish for the campaign (apart from it being more engaging in terms of implications depending on your choices) is to have women finally in the game as playable and respected characters, rather than just as creepy and sexist props ala Arma 2.

Then you'd get players complaining about Bohemia caving to SJWs or something, we already had a multi-page shitstorm just over this observation with people claiming infiltration of the community... :rolleyes: I on the other hand found it a perfectly solid and frankly believable work. Then again, considering I believe that

Adams earned his fate

I evidently see things very differently from others in the community...

Re: an Apex campaign: a bunch of people have been anticipating a Chinese-inspired CSAT (the Drawdown 2035 opening video mentions a "Chinese blue-water naval programme" but interestingly enough I can't recall any explicit mention of specific member states within CSAT, nor why China is identified distinctly and separately but not Iran) so to me Bohemia having a local and thus fictional OPFOR wielding export kit seems like a solid way to split the difference if they don't want to specifically identify the OPFOR as the 2035 Chinese military.