Coming soon!  This big bird is nearly complete.  Should be ready in a few more days.  New AA-6 R40, and AA-7 R23 missiles.  A-A and A-G loadouts based on real world information.

Since One Drive doesn't seem to like linked pics, here is the folder location:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=5B54FC51A7917265!20269&cid=5B54FC51A7917265&group=0

MIG251.jpg?psid=1

MIG252.jpg?psid=1

MIG253.jpg?psid=1

• Like 2

Progress report:

The parachutes flop and wobble in the breeze :)  Made the animations work.  They don't expand like the para jump chutes, they only just appear/disappear.  Still working out the animations for the chute to actually open.

Based on RL information, the following roles/loadouts will be available:

Intercept:  2x AA6 IR, 2x AA6 SARH

CAP:  4x R60 (AA8), 2x AA6 SARH

SEAD:  Still working on it, but likely:  2x Kh-58 ASM, 6x FAB bombs and 2x ODAB (napalm)

BOMB:  8x FAB-250, 6x FAB-500, 2x R23 AA7 AAM's

The Mig-25 is configured for conventional bombing, up to FAB-500 size bombs.  There is no provision for AGM guidance.  That was provided on the Mig-31, the 2-seat version.  That will include KAB-500 LGB's and for fun, an AGM version as well.

The justification behind these loadouts is that the intended purpose for the Mig-25 in the cold war was anticipated to perform a quick-strike penetration behind the European lines and take out SAM batteries and other strategic targets, relying on its sheer speed to overcome enemy CAP's.  No guns on the bird!  The intercept role is the primary function, and those new AA6 missiles are so large they are compared to the Hawk SAM missiles...!!!  The AA6 was intended to intercept incoming USAF bombers which at the time were planned to be supersonic.  It would not be incorrect to scramble the Mig-25 against incoming B1 bombers.  The Mig-31's expanded role w/ the WSO officer means precision strikes can be performed.  AGM guidance capabilities on the real bird is a bit fuzzy, but we'll include that anyway.

The texturing is complete except for the cockpit area.  Only other things it needs are the HUD and canopy gauges, and the Mig-31 will be released afterward.

It relies on some of the RangeMaster Mig-29 textures and so will be dependent upon that.  The main texture is from a 3-view image and so it isn't all that great.  But it doesn't look "bad" by any stretch.  I have to tweak a few areas of the texture for better blending.  And work on making some RVMAT's if possible.

All control surfaces are of course animated, as well as the engine exhaust cowling... it animates into a cone at speed, as does the afterburner flame length.  Intake rotors turn.  The real bird has those cruciform shaped injectors in front of the engines (in the pic) which provides high-performance fuel injection in the first stage of the engine.  I'm going to animate a cloud of mist in that section as well :)  I need to work on an afterburner script because, although the config lists the max speed at Mach 3 (like RL) the bird in-game doesn't get close to that... an afterburner script should do the trick. 

• Like 1

yeah the way maxspeed seems to work ingame on planes is to set a theoretical maximum you can attain in level flight.  however you almost never reach it, unless you script on a boost like we do with the afterburners.

the additional boost we give planes using setvelocity or w/e it is, enables planes to reach their maximum speed in a timeframe that works within the game environment.  otherwise you'd have to fly 20km+ off the map to build enough speed for a fast attack run.

i haven't yet found any way of managing acceleration in aircraft, except to add a scripted solution. however, as you note also, it does work well.

shame the engine is limited somehow in handling planes.

Dear hcpookie, I ask you to make adjustments to the ammunition ODAB as this thermobaric bombs and napalm not to napalm in the Soviet and Russian aviation used incendiary tanks (ZB), the same facilities used for the ignition of the incendiary bombs of various calibers (ZAB).

I suggest you implement this script (https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hze2zk1g6b8qaq/destruction.utes.7z?dl=0) ODAB to be effective and credible. The script is not mine, taken from the site www.flashpoint.ru. Sincerely, your Russian admirers.

in the missilebox i think we have ZB500 incendiary and ODAB-500 blast-frag or something like that... something in there is HE-incendiary but i havent got my other pc working yet so cannot check

Cockpit is complete.  Copy/paste of parts of the Su25 cockpit, and parts of the RangeMaster Mig29 cockpit. 

Everything in its proper place :)

Working display status lights: master caution, low altitude, low fuel, incoming missile warning.  Incoming missile alarm sound and low altitude sound are both based on RL cockpit sounds.

In case the pic links don't work:  https://onedrive.live.com/?id=5B54FC51A7917265%2120269&cid=5B54FC51A7917265&group=0

MIG25_cockpit1.jpg

MIG25_cockpit2.jpg

I was just thinking about how it would have been cool if someone did a MiG-25 for A2, and low and behold I find this thread.  Very cool!

Well you have both the Mig-25 and the Mig-31   :)

They go pretty fast so I didn't add the afterburner script... not really practical anyway.  Just tonight I was "losing speed" at 7500 altitude... was "only" going 850 :)

Loadouts based on the real world information I can find.  Finally get to use those AA-9's in game :)

The new missiles require an update within the RangeMaster pack.  So it isn't playable until the next RangeMaster update.  But it is ready!

all done and in the new Rangemaster mod pack 3.4

FILE LINK

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/171235-bafx-and-rangemaster-mod-packs-released/#entry2928159

Minor changes I made:

- added afterburner - I managed to get the plane to 2880 km/h in about 60 secs...

- added cannon to Mig31 config (needs model/fx placement update)

- fixed minor rvmat issue with HUD (to solve problem binning with my tools)

- added some missing interceptor factions

- edited vehicleclasses/names to match mod pack
- added wheelbrake, GPS and ARM targeting
- added CBU EH
- added improved sounds from Su25
- migrated all missiles to FRL_missilebox, edited them and improved config
- added parallax to HUD
- added requiredaddons and units list to header
- modified inheritance of SEAD to MR (from CAP) so it picks up ARM actions/EHs

- added russian CMs
- added tyre squeal

Movie about these magnificent birds:

• Like 1

On 9/24/2015 at 5:36 AM, hcpookie said:

Coming soon!  This big bird is nearly complete.  Should be ready in a few more days.  New AA-6 R40, and AA-7 R23 missiles.  

Hi hcpookie. I'm a Arma 2 who started recently ( 2020 ) Is there any chance the your addon can downloaded still?